Ratchaprarop Tower Mansion (soi Ratchaprarop 14)

The Best Mansion (apartment for rent in central Bangkok)

www.thebestmansion.com

Ratchaprarop Tower Mansion (soi Ratchaprarop 14)

ONLY 4,900 baht per month / 550 baht per day

Long-term rental / Short-term rental / Daily rental are available

Safe and luxury apartment in central Bangkok

Close to Victory Monument Station (BTS Train Station / Sky Train)

Less than 1 km (0.62 miles) away from the BTS Train Station / only 10 minutes walking distance

Over 40 bus routes to Bangkok's major business, shopping, and entertainment districts

Address:

99, Soi Ratchaprarop 14, Ratchaprarop Road

Markasan, Rajtavee

Bangkok 10400, Thailand

Tel: + (66) 2245 3355, + (66) 2245 5404 (operating hours 10:00-19:00)

Fax: + (66) 2246 9329

You will be assisting by our multi-lingual staff (English, Japanese and Thai)

Email: (Removed. Please send the poster a PM

Map: http://www.thebestmansion.com/rajaparob/r_eng/map.php

Web Address: www.thebestmansion.com

Gallery: http://www.thebestmansion.com/rajaparob/r_eng/gallery.php

post-75125-1233034444_thumb.jpg

Edited by astral
Removal of e-mail addr as per forum rules - Astral

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Has anyone stayed here?

I lived there for a year and a half.

And?????????????????????

Was it good, bad????????????

It was good for me at the time. I found the management to be less than friendly and the place was quite run-down. There are a lot of hidden charges and I've known people to have problems getting their deposit back (I got most of mine) On the positive side you can get a great view with a very large balcony for a reasonable price, food can be delivered to your room 24/7 and the pool is excellent.

It ain't the Ritz, but it ain't bad

• 1 year later...

The place and staff were fine when I lived there 2004-2005. Never saw any hidden charges other than the usual higher rate paid in an apartment for electricity and water. No one had problems getting their deposit back if they met the terms of their rental agreement.

Pool is quite nice, food delivery to room is fine and reasonable. On site laundry services, affordable for bangkok.

Stay in the main building, not the one even closer to the highway interchange with no elevator.

Avoid rooms on the highway facing side of the building. Lots of traffic noise and polution and dirt into the rooks from the highway interchange. Pool side is best and quieter. No traffic noise or polutants and dirt and dust.

No private direct line telephones or internet in rooms. TV was ok with a few western programming. but cable/satellite would go out or change very regularly.

Very livable for the price. Semi convenient and not too far out of the way.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The place and staff were fine when I lived there 2004-2005. Never saw any hidden charges other than the usual higher rate paid in an apartment for electricity and water. No one had problems getting their deposit back if they met the terms of their rental agreement.

Pool is quite nice, food delivery to room is fine and reasonable. On site laundry services, affordable for bangkok.

Stay in the main building, not the one even closer to the highway interchange with no elevator.

Avoid rooms on the highway facing side of the building. Lots of traffic noise and polution and dirt into the rooks from the highway interchange. Pool side is best and quieter. No traffic noise or polutants and dirt and dust.

No private direct line telephones or internet in rooms. TV was ok with a few western programming. but cable/satellite would go out or change very regularly.

Thanks for the informative post.

I'm booked for 2 months here and had a few questions I was

hoping you might answer:

1) What was your average monthly Water and Electricity bill?

2) My room is on the 17th floor, not sure what side. From the

pictures I can find of the place, the view should be better from the

highway side, while the pool side might suffer from direct sunlight.

That high up will the pollution and traffic noise be that bad?

3) Are there any street markets in the area?

Thanks in advance!

Oh and one more question (sorry):

4) What is the security like? Any incidents while you were there?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Review: SmartZone High-Speed Internet in Thailand - Worth it or Not?

After Struggling for Almost Two Years, I Say Give This Company a Miss and Here's Why

Cassandra James, Yahoo! Contributor Network

Jan 5, 2009 "Share your voice on Yahoo! websites. Start Here."

MORE:ThailandHigh Speed InternetCornflakes

Flag

In Thailand, most apartment buildings now have internet. The more expensive apartment buildings in Thailand choose True high-speed internet services, as this is a company that will offer you unlimited connection with a strong signal. Many of the other apartment buildings use cheaper services and many of them use SmartZone high-speed internet. My apartment building has had SmartZone high-speed internet for almost 2 years. Would I recommend it? Absolutely not. SmartZone high-speed internet is the worst internet service I've ever used, bar none, and here's why.

Getting Connected By SmartZone - I buy SmartZone high-speed internet cards in Bangkok that offer unlimited connection for 30 days. The cost? Around $14.50. Cheap right? Yes, it's cheap but getting connected is a different story. Every time I try to get onto the internet, it takes at least five attempts. Other times, there's no connection at all even though the signal is showing as 'Good'. I call the management of my building at least ten times a month asking them to please call SmartZone internet and ask them to come and fix their internet connection in my building. The one good thing? They do come out right away, but with reliable internet I shouldn't have to call so many times.

Staying Connected by SmartZone - Every other place I get internet in Thailand (except my office, which is a different story entirely), I have reliable, high-speed internet that stays connected. With SmartZone high-speed internet, most times when I connect, the connection will stay for 2-3 minutes then it's gone. It takes another 4-5 attempts before I can connect to SmartZone internet and stay connected. I waste at least 30 minutes every day making many attempts at consistent connection before I get it. Sometimes, like last night, after two hours of trying to connect, I never get it.

SmartZone Blocks Websites - Thailand's websites are often blocked, either by the government or by overly zealous internet companies. Thailand is a country that is rife with censorship and it seems to be getting worse every month. SmartZone high-speed internet goes above and beyond its duty though, and blocks the most ridiculous websites. For a long time, I couldn't access anything written on Associated Content by Timothy Sexton (his name has 'sex' in the word, so I can't read that!). I still cannot access most articles about rabbits, or even read my own articles about rabbits. Rabbits apparently are a threat to the Thai government, so they're not allowed either. Yesterday, anything about cornflakes was blocked. Yep, cornflakes. What's wrong with cornflakes? They're making people too strong and they might rise up and take over the government? Who knows? Stupid, eh? Other internet companies in Thailand block websites but not to the extent SmartZone internet does. Sometimes it's an exercise in futility trying to get to websites I need for my job, and yes, I'm paying for this.

Fast Customer ServiceBut Is It Reliable? I must admit, SmartZone does have fast customer service. If I, or the management in my building, call to complain the internet is down again, they usually have somebody out trying to fix it within two hours. It does get fixed but usually doesn't stay fixed for longer than 24-48 hours, before it's down again. Yes, it's fast, but it's not reliable because it still continues not to work.

If you are in an apartment building in Thailand that offers SmartZone high-speed internet, run screaming from it. Many of the better apartment buildings offer True Internet services, which are excellent and very reliable. SmartZone might be cheap (although not much cheaper than True internet), but the amount of frustration you will go through trying to stay connected is likely to cause you to spend the money you would have saved on medications just to calm your nerves. SmartZone internet? You can keep it!