The 1112 Delivery-guys

Hi!

If you order food home from 1112 delivery, always remember the price they give you on the phone.

It is not the first time we order from Burger King and the guy that delivers it adds 10 baht or say another price than what you got in the phone and hedoes not give you the receipt either.

10 baht more or less is really nothintg to argue about, it ist just the way they do it.

I always give tip to the delivery guys and there is usually no problem but when they try to rip you off to begin with, I get a bit annoyed.

I am sorry to say but just for the record....it has NEVER happened with the Macdonald-guys from 1711.

Only from Burger King.

It is sad because it really is a good service, especially if you are home feeling ill and can not go out to buy groceries or food.

comehome

What p*sses me off the most of the Pizza Company Guys is the fact that they don't think ( yeah right ) to carry any change at all.. :o

Other than that, they're alright & i generally get the correct moneyas i can to the order plus a 30 / 40 Baht tip..

It's the principal that winds me up of the " Oh i forget change " & the uneasy, unconfident & embaressed laughter that follows, the one's that do that don't get a tip for trying it on, the others do, simple really..

Edited by MSingh

This is funny on so many levels i'm not sure where to begin. Why not ask for the receipt, if he cant produce it contest his price and if it involves phoning up the call centre to confirm your thoughts do that. In the highly unlikley event it gets that far, I am sure their antics will soon stop when the little scam has been exposed.

But the bit I really like is the fact your SO ill you can't make your way to buy some dreadful junk food and you think thats going to help on your road to recovery. Maybe if you didn't eat the c$@p in the first place you wouldn't be so ill. It reminds me of that photo in the U.S of the front of a fitness centre with an escalator and steps up to the front door and everyone is using the escalator.

Edited by les Dennis

Totally agree with you there, MSingh. :o

"Forgot to bring change", is a sloppy way of "not being able to give back change"..and then the laugh. Annoying indeed.

I give at least 20 baht in tip and if it rains i give more.

They do risk their lives in the crazy trafic and I can´t imagine that their salary is very high either.

However IF they try to rip us off by making up prices or not bringing change, i will not give them anything.

Also another thing.

The 1711-guys never EVER go over your doorstep.

They stay outside your door even if it rains. I guess it is becuase they are ordered not to enter the customers home, what so ever.

At least I know they have orders like that in the US.

The 1112-guys, (did only happen once), just marched in one time and put his bag on the kitchen table without even blinking.

Do they have the same rules and some follow it and some not , or is it THAT big difference between Macdonalds and PizzaCompany/Burger King?

Edited by Comehome

This is funny on so many levels i'm not sure where to begin. Why not ask for the receipt, if he cant produce it contest his price and if it involves phoning up the call centre to confirm your thoughts do that. In the highly unlikley event it gets that far, I am sure their antics will soon stop when the little scam has been exposed.

But the bit I really like is the fact your SO ill you can't make your way to buy some dreadful junk food and you think thats going to help on your road to recovery. Maybe if you didn't eat the c$@p in the first place you wouldn't be so ill. It reminds me of that photo in the U.S of the front of a fitness centre with an escalator and steps up to the front door and everyone is using the escalator.

And why is it your business to know why I am ill at the moment?

And without knowing you STILL judge me.

Do you also imply that I am overweight???

What gives you the right to attack me personally based on what I wrote about the delivery-guys from Macdonalds or Burger King?

Well, im not living on the Islands, im up in CM, but occasionally ive ordered from Pizza Company. Each time the delivery guy shows the receipt. He reads from it to confirm the order, then states the amount owed and hands it over. When ive ordered, ive done so online, so the price comes up, plus I get a confirmation email, so I already know what the price should be anyway and have the money ready. As said by another poster, get the receipt and check it.

As for tipping, I just round up the cost, but dont tip anything like 30-40baht..! I guess maybe depends on how much you buy, but in my view thats a pretty large tip. Nice that you want to help out though, hope you get a wai for it. :o

What gives you the right to attack me personally based on what I wrote about the delivery-guys from Macdonalds or Burger King?

:o

I know this isnt my forum section (i saw it via "View New Posts"), but there are guys like this everywhere in TV Comehome. Best to just ignore. Sometimes they go away, sometimes they will rant happily till the cows come home. Much ado about nothing. :D

Edited by eek

Well, im not living on the Islands, im up in CM, but occasionally ive ordered from Pizza Company. Each time the delivery guy shows the receipt. He reads from it to confirm the order, then states the amount owed and hands it over. When ive ordered, ive done so online, so the price comes up, plus I get a confirmation email, so I already know what the price should be anyway and have the money ready. As said by another poster, get the receipt and check it.

As for tipping, I just round up the cost, but dont tip anything like 30-40baht..! I guess maybe depends on how much you buy, but in my view thats a pretty large tip. Nice that you want to help out though, hope you get a wai for it. :D

I doubt even with the British Pound as it is, that would ever cost me a Pound & i'm more than happy to give it to someone who is willing to bring me my Garlic Bread with Cheese & Hawaian Pizza who earns next to nothing, only once a month of course.. :o

Im am not implying your overweight. And I am not attacking you personally. If anyone is doing personal attacks it's you accusing all the burger king delivery staff of being thiefs.

Edited by les Dennis

....again, I'm not down there but in Pattaya. On one occassion I very clearly said to the 1112 call center that I only had a 1,000 Baht note and the motorbike rider was to carry enough change.

Sure enough he didn't, so I gave him the 1,000 - mostly to see what would happen.

Five minutes later he returned with the change.

Never encounted a problem regarding 'mistaken' pricing.

What annoys me most with the 1112 service is the phonecall. The person that works there is completely missfitted.

- Hello i want to order. A whopper meal.

- Whats your phone number?

-(my number)

- Where do you live?

-(My adress)

(By now the mcdonalds delivery say "thank you sir, you will recieve you meal within 30 minuites", but by now pizzadeleivery will start pressing my nerves by continuing)

-what you want sir?

-A whopper meal.

-whats your phonenumber?

Well, it just goes on and on with the same questions over and over again til i loose my temper. Another thing that is way better with mc donalds is that they have computers. When i say my phonenumber, they answer with my name and adress. I used them someties in bkk to deliver to my hotel, so they always ask me "you stay in your hotel in bkk or you stay at your house in samui?". Very easy and hasslefree.

Then again i like burger kings burgers much better, but the phonecall is just not worth it for me anymore. :o . 1112 needs to get much better staff and a computer system in work.

Im am not implying your overweight. And I am not attacking you personally. If anyone is doing personal attacks it's you accusing all the burger king delivery staff of being thiefs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, lets drop the personal bickering shall we? It really doesn't add anything to this thread.

A thread, which I have to say, is completely incomprehensible to me. Burger King and McDonalds deliver? Wow, life in the big city :o

(By now the mcdonalds delivery say "thank you sir, you will recieve you meal within 30 minuites", but by now pizzadeleivery will start pressing my nerves by continuing)

-what you want sir?

-A whopper meal.

So, McDonalds can deliver a whopper meal and Pizzadelivery cannot :o:D :D :D

I always laugh when I read posts that say " Its not about the 10 baht of course its the principle " YEAH RIGHT ! If you are so bothered by the guy trying to make an extra 10 baht out of you then just don't give him a tip. Or knock 10 baht off the tip you would have given him. when you go to the trouble of posting and whinging about it then YES its all about the 10 baht!! SORRY just My Opinion! :o

I always laugh when I read posts that say " Its not about the 10 baht of course its the principle " YEAH RIGHT ! If you are so bothered by the guy trying to make an extra 10 baht out of you then just don't give him a tip. Or knock 10 baht off the tip you would have given him. when you go to the trouble of posting and whinging about it then YES its all about the 10 baht!! SORRY just My Opinion! :o

Yeah, you'r right, lots of cheap charlies on this isle! :DAnd I'm not sorry!

I'm with SBK on this. Wanting to eat reconstituted burger-flavored cardboard is one thing, but being too lazy to go get it is another.

Is it true they will deliver anything? If I order an ice-cream cone, and nothing else, they will deliver that?

I'm surprised more 40 to 50 baht Thai meal restaurants around here don't think to deliver.

can't believe the hawaian pizza comment didn't get picked up, pineapple on pizza is just wrong :o

It's just like S*x on the Beach... :D

Whatever is wrong with SIX on the beach ? :D

You can get sand in the sox.

Yeah, that really sux!

Hi :o

Au Bon Pain is much worse than that! We order there frequently at the office and EVERY time there is some issue or another. The order and the price is confirmed on the phone, but what is delivered is something different (or the correct item but two instead of one as ordered, and of course charged for two). Then they try to get a "delivery charge" even though the menu specifies clearly "orders over xxx Baht free delivery". It is usually 60-85 Baht, not 10, and that happened so far on every single order! Also the promised "30 minutes" often becomes an hour or even more, in that time i could have WALKED there, picked it up and WALKED back.

Pizza company never had a problem, except for the security guard at my place not letting in the pizza boy because he can't reach me on my room number despite me having told them a number of times that i have a direct line and hence no "room phone". Ordering pizza always involves me going down to the ground floor telling the guard "pizza coming, room number xxx" to get it... but some times i still have to go down again because who comes knocking my door is the security guard "pizza boy downstair" or the pizza boy calling my mobile "no guard here, can't get in" because the guard is in the car park for a smoke or something. Aaaargh!

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hi :o

Au Bon Pain is much worse than that! We order there frequently at the office and EVERY time there is some issue or another. The order and the price is confirmed on the phone, but what is delivered is something different (or the correct item but two instead of one as ordered, and of course charged for two). Then they try to get a "delivery charge" even though the menu specifies clearly "orders over xxx Baht free delivery". It is usually 60-85 Baht, not 10, and that happened so far on every single order! Also the promised "30 minutes" often becomes an hour or even more, in that time i could have WALKED there, picked it up and WALKED back.

Pizza company never had a problem, except for the security guard at my place not letting in the pizza boy because he can't reach me on my room number despite me having told them a number of times that i have a direct line and hence no "room phone". Ordering pizza always involves me going down to the ground floor telling the guard "pizza coming, room number xxx" to get it... but some times i still have to go down again because who comes knocking my door is the security guard "pizza boy downstair" or the pizza boy calling my mobile "no guard here, can't get in" because the guard is in the car park for a smoke or something. Aaaargh!

Best regards.....

Thanh

There is an Au Bon Pain in Samui?

Au Bon Pain delivers?

Ahem....

Case of "finding an interesting topic on the bottom list of a page, read and reply without checking where it belongs". Sorry, i was talking about Bangkok, where i live :o

Kind regards......

Thanh

Shame Thanh, you got my hopes up :D