Thai Language Course?

KhunLing

Does anyone know of a decent / well regarded intensive Thai language course in Bangkok or Chiang Mai?

I speak 'some' Thai. ie, my wife is Thai and I've learnt various words / sentences / sayings / done an introductory course. (Basic, ie I can count in Thai, order food, tell people where I am going, barter etc)

However, there's been no 'structure' to my learning and I'm kind of all over the place in what I know (well, what I don't know :D )

I'd like to just take a month / a few months and do an intensive full time course. (I don't mind if it's full time, every day etc. )

Any help appreciated :o

The first thing I would say to you is that you should check a few out until you find one which is suited to your style of learning. It would be a waste of time and money for you to pay out for a course on a reccomendation from a stranger only to find it doesn't suit you.

Some places offer a free trial lesson as well which helps you in deciding.

In Chiang Mai, Phayab University offer appreciated Thai language courses, as do AUA.

AUA Chiang Mai uses a different, more traditional approach to language learning than AUA Bangkok, who employ the "natural approach" method (you are not allowed to speak for the first year, you just listen and listen).

Like P. Fart says, it all depends on what your personal learning style is. Comparing before chosing is a very good suggestion.

What sort of prices,do these places charge?my new year resolution is to learn to read and write Thai.

Spoke to a small school in Pattaya,one on one,2 hours at a time 3 days a week for 6 weeks,she said she could definately teach me in that time.Price was B13,900 up front.

• 1 month later...