thithi

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

s i n n e c r u a

OK did we ever get the answer to this one? I cheated and put it in a word unscrambler and it said no such word. :D But it also said that about xenophobia.

Anyway these puzzles are rather hard, how do you solve them, brute force, or insight?

:o

It's a good one, I cheated and looked. :o

I'm thinking you guys would be good in a job that required that type of persistence and intelligence.

If I were more ambitious, I would probably solve it by putting all the letters in a column, then trying each remaining letter as the second letter, then each remaining as the third, and hope that something would start to jump out at me by that point. For a ten letter word, that would work out to 10! (factorial) combinations if all the letters were used, or something like that. Maybe just the first three would be 10! minus 7! Okay that's reaching way back into my math memories, just rambling here.

Would that be cheating? Or do you guys just do it all in your head until it comes to you?

It's a good one, I cheated and looked. :D

I'm thinking you guys would be good in a job that required that type of persistence and intelligence.

If I were more ambitious, I would probably solve it by putting all the letters in a column, then trying each remaining letter as the second letter, then each remaining as the third, and hope that something would start to jump out at me by that point. For a ten letter word, that would work out to 10! (factorial) combinations if all the letters were used, or something like that. Maybe just the first three would be 10! minus 7! Okay that's reaching way back into my math memories, just rambling here.

Would that be cheating? Or do you guys just do it all in your head until it comes to you?

I would like to tell you how but I can't give away my secrets, if I told you I would have to kill you! :o

Hmmm, yes actually I have seen it spelled with an additional "a", and without, all over the internet.

So I'm certain you have got the right word! ! !

And come to think of it, your spelling is probably more kurrect than mine.

:D

:o

:D

Catamaran?

OK on mynana I cheated and took a look, but either of the words it could make, I never heard of. :o

Was arch(a)eopteryx too esoteric too?

(edit) oops you beat me to the punch!

Edited by zzdocxx