Laemthong Car Wash

PattayaParent

Dropped into Laemthong on Sunday afternoon to see what's there. Pulled into the underground car park and the missus spotted the car wash and directed me in there as she wanted the car to have a good clean inside and out.

Cost was 280 Baht!!!

I won't be going back there again.

Most I've paid in Pattaya is 170 Baht and it can even be got for 60 Baht just outside of town.

Dropped into Laemthong on Sunday afternoon to see what's there. Pulled into the underground car park and the missus spotted the car wash and directed me in there as she wanted the car to have a good clean inside and out.

Cost was 280 Baht!!!

I won't be going back there again.

Most I've paid in Pattaya is 170 Baht and it can even be got for 60 Baht just outside of town.

You wont be going back there again because ???....the quality of service or the price...if its the price, did you check the price they were going to charge you....if you didnt.... how can you slag them off about the price, you chose the service and were charged the going rate...

Think you are being a bit unfair on this establishment seeing as it appears the fault lies with you for not checking the price..

Edited by Soutpeel

Think you are being a bit unfair on this establishment seeing as it appears the fault lies with you for not checking the price..

I did check the price and I think it's very expensive in comparison to other places.

I'll be getting the car washed in Pattaya in future as I'm there most weekends.

I did check the price and I think it's very expensive in comparison to other places.

I'll be getting the car washed in Pattaya in future as I'm there most weekends.

But you paid the price all the same and then come on TV whinging and tell people to avoid place... :o

If you felt the price was too expensive, why did you get the car washed there then ??.... :D

Irrespective of whether I paid the price or not I still feel it is expensive and wish to warn others that may not know the price and also consider 289 Baht to be expensive, not to bother.

If you consider it not to be excessive compared to other places then feel free to patronise them.

Edited by PattayaParent

If you felt ripped-off I suggest you go to the facility behind Robinsons in Chantaburi. They only wanted 850 baht for my semi-dirty pickup :o

When I said "so that's detailed and all...?"

"No, detail is 2,000" :D

<deleted> those klowns...

If you felt ripped-off I suggest you go to the facility behind Robinsons in Chantaburi. They only wanted 850 baht for my semi-dirty pickup :o

When I said "so that's detailed and all...?"

"No, detail is 2,000" :D

<deleted> those klowns...

Sounds like a farang price for a farang to me.

The car wash in Banchang just down the road from Lotus does a decent job for a fair price.

4 door pick up underside, body, and interior cleaned for 150 baht and once I had them put a coat of wax on for another 140 baht. The wax job was mediocre to say the least but better than nothing

The car wash in Banchang just down the road from Lotus does a decent job for a fair price.

4 door pick up underside, body, and interior cleaned for 150 baht and once I had them put a coat of wax on for another 140 baht. The wax job was mediocre to say the least but better than nothing

Thanks, that's just down the road from me so I'll go there next time.

I've also had the car washed in Tesco in Rayong when shopping. can't remember the price so it was probably reasonable.

I've also had the car washed in Tesco in Rayong when shopping. can't remember the price so it was probably reasonable.

Tesco in Rayong in the car park is more than THB 289.00 because thats where I get mine washed...per your previous post about being in Pattaya every weekend, would suggest its cheaper getting it done in Pattaya then..

Had my pick-up washed at Laem Thong in the past and it was around 300 baht or so. Pricey but they did a good job. The prices are listed, everyone pays the same - no farang prices. So it shouldn't be a surprise when you get told how much. You pay for the convenience of getting it washed when you do a bit of shopping, rather than sitting for an hour on a dusty garage forecourt.

But other times have been to, I think, the same place Zaphod describes. Or somewhere similar in the same area. Also around 120 baht to do inside & outside properly.

I paid around 1000 for a full detail last year when they first opened, they did a really good job. It seems like most car washes situated in shopping centre carparks are a bit pricey, but more professional than your road side washes.

I would'nt recomened it every week though because as soon as you drive it out of the car park it's filthy again.

Longball is right, around 150 a wash is fair i think and a wax about the same.

My 2 cents

Tesco in Rayong in the car park is more than THB 289.00 because thats where I get mine washed...per your previous post about being in Pattaya every weekend, would suggest its cheaper getting it done in Pattaya then..

They have probably overcharged you in Tesco then as I surely wouldn't have paid that price there.

As I already said I will have the car washed in Pattaya in future. It usually only needs a good 'professional' wash after the rainy season to get all the mud off of it, the weekly wash the missus gives it is good enough otherwise.

But the point is .. You KNEW the price before you got it washed ... you had had it washed for less in other places in the past ... and yet you are here slagging off on a company for doing exactly what you asked them to do!

a surprise bill? Sure!

crappy service? Whine away!

getting exactly what you agreed to pay for? gads! get a clue!

Just because I agreed to pay it doesn't mean that I can't consider it expensive and warn others not to even bother asking now does it?

Agreed, you are within your rights to have an opinion on whether something is expensive or not....but you knew the price when you walked in the door, you got the job done...therefore you agreed to the companies terms and conditions as stated and you already knew the going rate in Pattaya...

So unless the company concerned held a loaded gun to your head and forced you pay the money, I am going to stand by my opinion that you are unfairly slagging off this company and are just using this as an excuse to have a whine... :o

Just because I agreed to pay it doesn't mean that I can't consider it expensive and warn others not to even bother asking now does it?

Agreed, you are within your rights to have an opinion on whether something is expensive or not....but you knew the price when you walked in the door, you got the job done...therefore you agreed to the companies terms and conditions as stated and you already knew the going rate in Pattaya...

So unless the company concerned held a loaded gun to your head and forced you pay the money, I am going to stand by my opinion that you are unfairly slagging off this company and are just using this as an excuse to have a whine... :o

Concur 100%

This isn't a case of an inflated bill ... it is simply a person paying what they agreed (knowing going rates in advance!)

Put it this way.

If there had been a post on TV saying that the cost for this car wash was 280 Baht I would not have gone anywhere near it in the first place.

Therefore I hope that my post has been able to help others from making the same mistake and going to an overly expensive car wash.

Put it this way.

If there had been a post on TV saying that the cost for this car wash was 280 Baht I would not have gone anywhere near it in the first place.

Therefore I hope that my post has been able to help others from making the same mistake and going to an overly expensive car wash.

You said you knew the price before you got the wash! Why didn't you just drive off?

I think most TV members would have no issue about not ordering something they thought was too expensive/overpriced!

1. Its not overly expensive in the first place....that is your opinion only...

2. How can you say you made a mistake, you knew the price before getting the car washed, you also knew the prices around Pattaya...so how can it be a mistake?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Tesco Rayong Car Wash the same set up to Rip off, ad bits and pieces with no explanation, try change oil etc. A rip off is a rip it is irrelevant whether you ask the question or not.

Avoid these places.

Well they must see you coming then, I have been getting the car washed there since it opened and have never been "ripped" off as you put it... :o