A Great Korean Restaurant

junkofdavid2

Stuck in traffic last night along Suk 71, I decided to eat at this Korean resto I'd never tried before because they had a "cook on my own table" buffet for 299 to 399 (depending on which option I chose). I chose the 399 option.

It was great! Lot's of really good meats (read: good BEEF in Thailand... can you believe it!?); including good beef tenderloin, served at my table to be freshly cooked by myself on this sorta hot plate above charcoal. So much great stuff to choose from: Beef tenderloin, marinated chicken, squid, korean fried rice (called bibimbap), etc.

Particularly interesting were "LA Beef ribs"... served raw but marinated in herbs and honey, to be cooked on the hot plate. However, if you hate meat fat and ligament, these "ribs" are NOT for you. It's almost as if they intentionally purchase the fattiest cut with the most ligament for this dish... it looked disgusting when raw... until I ate it only to discover it was by far the tastiest of all the beef dishes.

For desert, they mix either crushed/mashed pineapple or banana (your choice) into this really fruity and creamy ice cream; was great as well.

Oh, the beer was VERY cold... and cheap for a fine dining resto! The BIG Singha was 90 baht! The BIG Heineken was 100 baht.

This is a REAL korean resto, mind you... not like those "thai-korean" restaurants ("moo krata") which also have a hotplate over coals, but which serve Thai tasting food.

The owner was a korean dude, and the customers were also korean expats. (At least they sure seemed to be so...)

Well worth it and I'll be back. I think they don't earn much money on me coz I must've had almost a kilo of beef tenderloin to myself, hehe! :o

Highly recommended... coming from Sukhumvit main road, it's on the left side, around 1km down or less. Name was "Go Ki Tip Korean Barbecue"

:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Stuck in traffic last night along Suk 71, I decided to eat at this Korean resto I'd never tried before because they had a "cook on my own table" buffet for 299 to 399 (depending on which option I chose). I chose the 399 option.

It was great! Lot's of really good meats (read: good BEEF in Thailand... can you believe it!?); including good beef tenderloin, served at my table to be freshly cooked by myself on this sorta hot plate above charcoal. So much great stuff to choose from: Beef tenderloin, marinated chicken, squid, korean fried rice (called bibimbap), etc.

Particularly interesting were "LA Beef ribs"... served raw but marinated in herbs and honey, to be cooked on the hot plate. However, if you hate meat fat and ligament, these "ribs" are NOT for you. It's almost as if they intentionally purchase the fattiest cut with the most ligament for this dish... it looked disgusting when raw... until I ate it only to discover it was by far the tastiest of all the beef dishes.

For desert, they mix either crushed/mashed pineapple or banana (your choice) into this really fruity and creamy ice cream; was great as well.

Oh, the beer was VERY cold... and cheap for a fine dining resto! The BIG Singha was 90 baht! The BIG Heineken was 100 baht.

This is a REAL korean resto, mind you... not like those "thai-korean" restaurants ("moo krata") which also have a hotplate over coals, but which serve Thai tasting food.

The owner was a korean dude, and the customers were also korean expats. (At least they sure seemed to be so...)

Well worth it and I'll be back. I think they don't earn much money on me coz I must've had almost a kilo of beef tenderloin to myself, hehe! :o

Highly recommended... coming from Sukhumvit main road, it's on the left side, around 1km down or less. Name was "Go Ki Tip Korean Barbecue"

:D

Thanks so much for this! :D I've been living in 71 all my life and noticed this place since they opened. Never tried it though, in fear of the whole "Thai taste" like you said.

Good to know it's actually really good. Will surely give it a try! :D

• 7 months later...

Has anyone tried the Gen Pu Kan Japanese/Korean BBQ Restaurant in Sukhumvit Soi 22. I hear it is very good. Mixture of local and imported meats available.

I found it's web page at this link www.genpukanbkk.com/ but it's not in English.

I'm thinking of going there next week.

If you have tried it, let me know your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...
If i was to take a train, how do i get there?? Sorry i don't stay in thailand, would be going there for a holiday and would like to visit this korean restaurant.

Get down BTS Prakanong Station, and get on bus #71, 40, or 545 on the left side if coming from Siam (or on the right side if coming from On Nut).

Then get down almost directly in front of KFC or JUSCO department store. The restaurant should be on the left side.

Or, you can walk from the BTS around 10 min. (or more maybe.)

Edited by junkofdavid2

If i was to take a train, how do i get there?? Sorry i don't stay in thailand, would be going there for a holiday and would like to visit this korean restaurant.

Get down BTS Prakanong Station, and get on bus #71, 40, or 545 on the left side if coming from Siam (or on the right side if coming from On Nut).

Then get down almost directly in front of KFC or JUSCO department store. The restaurant should be on the left side.

On second thought, I'm not too sure about Bus 545. Bus 71 or 40 and you can't go wrong..

Edited by junkofdavid2

Cool. I did visited one korean restaurant during my previous trip in BKK. You might want to give it a try as well.

It is also cook at your table style, over a charcoal fire. The buffet will cost you 290 bht. The food and service was great. They will constantly change the wire mesh for you, top up charcoal and refill your food. They have around 12 different types of starter appetizers.

It is called "KO SI RAE", located at 97,99 Sukhumvit 57. It's near BTS Thong-Lor.

On second thought, I'm not too sure about Bus 545. Bus 71 or 40 and you can't go wrong..

or easier and faster, walk past the bus stop to the motorbikes. 10 baht, 2 mins.

• 1 month later...
Cool. I did visited one korean restaurant during my previous trip in BKK. You might want to give it a try as well.

It is also cook at your table style, over a charcoal fire. The buffet will cost you 290 bht. The food and service was great. They will constantly change the wire mesh for you, top up charcoal and refill your food. They have around 12 different types of starter appetizers.

It is called "KO SI RAE", located at 97,99 Sukhumvit 57. It's near BTS Thong-Lor.

Was BEEF included in the buffet? :)