What Happens To Phuket Now?

omaga24

Now that the tsunomi has hit Phuket, and it has been confermed (at least on this website) that the Thai government knew and suppresed the information, do you think Phuket will once agian become the tourist hot spot it once was?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it will get back to normal, as for this blame crap, well its too late now and bitching about it is'nt going to change anything. :o

Of course people are going to come up with the I told you so comments, it always happens after these tragic events. All these bullsiht polls on who's fault to you think it was ain't helping anyone. :D

Whats important now is to -

1, Put the warning system in place. (No matter what it costs) NOW

2, Clean up and Retrieve all the poor souls that lost their lives.

3,Rebuild.

4, Then whether people like it or not let it carry on as a holiday resort.

There are still hundreds of thousands of people who to them it is home and rely on the income. :D

[quoteAll these bullsiht polls on who's fault to you think it was ain't helping anyone. :o /quote]

DaveThailand, I do aggree with you on what needs to be done. And I hope Phuket becomes the party spot i remember. But I feel I must defend myself, I wasn't trying to blame anyone, I simply wanted to put the most current info in my poll. Anyway thanx for the replys and poll votes and keep them commen. :D

Hi;

A BIG problem that Patong and kamala will be facing is this.

The goverment is NOT allwoing the ebach chairs/umbrellas back on the Beaches.

Here in kamala they are also NOT allowing the restuarnts set up in fornt of the police station on the ebach to re-open or the ones at the northern end.

I know this 100% as I talked to one of the restaurnt owners.

This is all part of the clean up phuket. BUT in this case who knows what will happen. Last fall they also took all the chairs/umbrellas off the beach at Khao lak and the locals tried to get them to change by closing access to the beach... didin't work.

Couple that with the enforced 1 am closing time for bars.... Could be were in for new Phuket

70% favor these moves but.... Many will be put out of work. Toursist are few and far between and many will head elsewhere for sure...

DaveThailand,  I do aggree with you on what needs to be done.  And I hope Phuket becomes the party spot i remember.  But I feel I must defend myself, I wasn't trying to blame anyone, I simply wanted to put the most current info in my poll.  Anyway thanx for the replys and poll votes and keep them commen. :D

Omaga24, Just wanted to point out that the remark on polls was'nt aimed at you personally :o

Cheers

DT

I'm sure Phuket will get back to what we all remember, now we need to get all those stupid travel restrictions liftet, I have been on to the Danish Foreign Ministry to have them lift the travel restrictions, the tour operators are afraid of resuming flights to Phuket as long as the ministry hasn't liftet travel warning, I think Phuket will be safe enough.