Coffee Roaster In Cm?

JXXXL

Does anyone know of a place that roasts coffee in CM?  I usually buy mine at Rim Ping, which is good, I just was hoping I could find fresh roasted somewhere.

Libernard Cafe on Chang Moi Rd, just around the corner from Mike's Burgers, has a huge French roaster and they roast coffee two or three times a week. They supply a lot of other restos and cafes in town with freshroasted beans, and it's where I usually buy mine. Much better than anything available at Rim Ping.

The owner, a Chiang Mai native, does three different roasts plus a blend. She's very good at picking quality green beans for roasting, takes it all very seriously. I personally think it's the best whole-bean coffee in Chiang Mai, although the beans at Kasem's aren't too bad either (they've improved a lot over the last two years anyway). There are a few other folks in town who roast coffee but none do it as well as Libernard (at least as far as I know).

Does anyone know of a place that roasts coffee in CM?  I usually buy mine at Rim Ping, which is good, I just was hoping I could find fresh roasted somewhere.

Libernard Cafe on Chang Moi Rd, just around the corner from Mike's Burgers, has a huge French roaster and they roast coffee two or three times a week. They supply a lot of other restos and cafes in town with freshroasted beans, and it's where I usually buy mine. Much better than anything available at Rim Ping.

The owner, a Chiang Mai native, does three different roasts plus a blend. She's very good at picking quality green beans for roasting, takes it all very seriously. I personally think it's the best whole-bean coffee in Chiang Mai, although the beans at Kasem's aren't too bad either (they've improved a lot over the last two years anyway). There are a few other folks in town who roast coffee but none do it as well as Libernard (at least as far as I know).

OK, went to Libernard and it's a really cool little shop with a lot of charm. If you're interested in more than just drinking coffee, you have to check this place out. The lady there (forgot her name), in addition to making great coffees, is also an authority and a lot of fun to talk to. She and her husband instruct restaurants around town; I'm planning spending an afternoon there getting schooled. :o

Thanks again Sabaijai for the great tip.

I think she ground the coffee too finely...  Ok it was for filter coffee, but she ground it all the way to powder...  Will go again though, and ask not to turn it into brown coloured flour. :o

I always buy whole bean and grind it myself immediately before brewing. Hey if you're looking for the best coffee in town, you certainly won't be buying ground coffee. :D

If you don't care about fresh-ground coffee, Mo is happy to adjust the grind to your liking. She uses real Italian burr grinders (has more of them than any place in town, and services them for other coffeeships) which are adjustable to any grind size.

• 10 months later...

I must be going blind but I cannot find Libernard Cafe. I turned left on Chang Moi Rd., off of Chayaphum Rd., passing Mike's which was on the right. Where is it in relation to the next small intersection? I thought I knew most of the shops along Chang Moi but never saw Libernard. Is this shop co-joined with any other business?

Thanks in advance.

Sojourner,

They've moved...

If you are standing on Chayapoom Road and you can reach out and touch Mike’s counter with your left hand, continue forward about 50 meters. There will be a large Photo shop on your left. Turn left immediately past the Photo shop and you’ll be at the entrance of the Libernard Café.

We brewed up a pot of their ‘Supream Mocha’ this morning and found it thoroughly enjoyable.

Good Luck,

Elaine

Libernard has moved to the old wooden house that used to be the Home restaurant, down a little alley just north of the Rydges monstrosity. They always owned the building, and recently took it over after the tenants didn't renew the lease. Much better location than the one on Chang Moi Rd, quieter, etc.

Libernard Cafe on Chang Moi Rd, just around the corner from Mike's Burgers

... not anymore. The've tried to sell the place for more than a year, it appears they finally succeeded. These days the place is being totally renovated - probably to re-emerge as another kind of business...

Libernard Cafe on Chang Moi Rd, just around the corner from Mike's Burgers

... not anymore. The've tried to sell the place for more than a year, it appears they finally succeeded. These days the place is being totally renovated - probably to re-emerge as another kind of business...

They still own the building, and have only moved the cafe business (they also own the furniture shop next door). Read the previous posts that give directions to the new location on Chaiyaphum Rd.