• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thailand 'War room' to counter soaring dengue outbreak

bull292009-7074-1.jpg

The aedes aegypti mosquito is the transmission agent for

Dengue Fever. It bites humans between an hour or so after

dawn until about an hour after sunset.

-- The Nation 2009-02-09

As far as I remember reading, aedes aegypti bite at any time of day or night. It is the anopheles mosquito that bites at dawn and dusk (responsible for malaria).

There is no vaccine or preventive drug that provides protection against dengue infection. The best way to avoid dengue virus infection is to prevent mosquito bites, particularly during the day.

While most mosquitoes are more active during dusk and night time, Aedes aegypti mosquitoes are daytime biters so precautions against being bitten should also be taken during the day.

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/main/pub...hp-fsdengue.htm

We had an outbreak in Mexico and i had friends die and one of best friends said she would want to die next time or kill herself before. Ha Ha ha guys this isn't a funny one I stayed completely covered and in my own home the entire time I was visiting as you get this from a mosquito that has bitten another person with Dengue. Local control and eradication (all the others have given the correct proceedures in previous responses) at the ar3eas where someone has been diagnosed is critical. be extremely careful in caring for people with it and make sure their home clinic hospital or morgue is mosquito free otherwise keep on a lot of clothes and spray. A friend had it here in Bangkok and said he spent weeks in a completely blacked out room as any light felt as if it was completely crushing him and putting him into the utmost pain. This is no joke and you see yourself or others bleeding from every orifice eyes included and you will understand. Thank budha for this site as I felt that there should always be a pinned site to deal with anyone who knows of anyone who has gotten this so people can be cautious and advised of where it is and how much. NOW the fact that there was 91,000 cases!!!!!!!!!!!!! last year and it wasn't readily made available to the media or the population in general in as criminal as having Thaksin as the PM and makes you really wonder. Is this subject pinned in the health section? (I don't read it too often if not we should start a Pin (is that the correct term?) so people can report know or suspected cases of this conastantly just like we do on the farming section for people to tell the rice prices in each area during the selling season. I've malaria a few times and i know it is a picnic compared to this and I am extremely afraqid of this and will continue to closely monitor this and thanks to all for their intelligent responses.