41 Policemen, Including 2 Major Generals, On Pirate Cd Blacklist

george

3 billion USD in 2000?

hmmmm I think you may be overinflating the numbers by more than just a little bit :o

Not at all. He was one of the richest businessman in Thailand at that time I recall.

I was watching his career during that time and had friends on the inside.

Thaksins brother was a friend of mine in California in the 90s. He didn't get along with his wealthy brother but knew the score.

Edited by UncleFrank

byoung2: How does a young policeman get a loan for US$500,000,000?

Borrow it off the Desk Sargeant who borrows it off the Duty officer who borrows it off the Station Commander who borrows it off the District Inspector who borrows it off the Chief Inspector....all with a little bit of interest for everyone!

What can I say.

If you look around, things were looking much rosier with the CEO running the show.

He made mistakes but did way better than the Military punks that overthrew him. The same military that increased it's own budget from 80 billion to 165 billion when they controlled the purse strings. Those Generals needed an extra 85 billion?

Thaksin would be re-elected in a heartbeat if the Military would let him run again.

The Young Chinese Policeman of whom you speak, borrowed US$500,000,000 and launched 4 or 5 Digital satelites over Thailand, named thaisat 1.. etc, now he owns huge telecom empire, he is a very good business man, but never corrupt, Take it from one who knows.

"but never corrupt" ?! Hello 'One Who Knows" - how privy are you to his most secret dealings? ....to his clandestine 3 am phone calls? ....to his deal-making whisperings on golf courses?

Exactly.

He was a multi billionaire long before he hit the political scene.

Those that think he stole all that money after he became prime minister don't know what they are talking about.

Thai stock market returns between 2001 and 2006 = 161%

Thaksins companies gained 168% during this timeframe.

Now you know.

Thaksin stole a whole heck of a lot of money after he became PM - mostly by hoodwinking a lot of Thai people - many of whom still think he's some sort of Robin Hood. The craftiest thief is the type whose victims don't even know they've been ripped off.

The Young Chinese Policeman of whom you speak, borrowed US$500,000,000 and launched 4 or 5 Digital satelites over Thailand, named thaisat 1.. etc, now he owns huge telecom empire, he is a very good business man, but never corrupt, Take it from one who knows.

Kiwijor. :o

How does a young policeman get a loan for US$500,000,000?

Extremely high risk venture capitalists who think he has had the best idea since the wheel? :D