How Can Phucket Be Ready For Business?

booma

There are millions of pounds (of aid) flooding into the region to rebuild things, don't big up tourism until that money is spent and you can satisfy HOLIDAYMAKERS.

Words sreads like you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contrary to what has been reported on the news Phuket is in better shape than expected - 80% business/hotels open. (received that news from local TV members) It seems Kao Lak, Phi Phi, Krabi, got the worst of it.

If you dont feel comfortable about visiting then dont come, but as others have stated Phuket needs all the tourists it can get - this will help immensely for the local businesses that depend on tourism as their livelyhood.

Contrary to what has been reported on the news Phuket is in better shape than expected - 80% business/hotels open. (received that news from local TV members) It seems Kao Lak, Phi Phi, Krabi, got the worst of it.

If you dont feel comfortable about visiting then dont come, but as others have stated Phuket needs all the tourists it can get - this will help immensely for the local businesses that depend on tourism as their livelyhood.

I have been urging people not to cancel their breaks to Thailand!

All I am saying is....

Wouldn't it be far better if things where not hurried.....If people were to start going there for their holidays now, they would be very much more dissatisfied then they would've been before this huge disaster! The Thai people are obviously concerned about their immediate futures (not forgetting their grieve about their lost ones), but there is huge amounts of money and effort being concentrated that way.

Lets try and let things evolve naturally! Nature is a very strong thing after all.

The Thais (and lets not forget about the really devastated (It's hard to think how more devestated things can be) regions) need time to think!

It applies too us all, expats un all!

Time is the best healer

B

Thaskin is saying Thailand doesnt want or Need any monitary Aid...

So theres no money coming into Thailand from the international releif fund.

People are advising tourists to stay away, "Phuket is destroyed, etc etc, Death and Disease everywhere, etc etc"

So wheres the money going to come from? eh? Go on.. give us a clue... because from what i'm seeing (being based in phuket personally) is theres very little (if any) money coming down here from Bangkok central government, the tourists are being told to stay away from phuket by people who are ill-informed... and its going to be a very very long, cold low season... There are going to be a lot of thai people who dont have a source of income, a home or family to help support them...

Kind of like being punished twice really.

People are advising tourists to stay away, "Phuket is destroyed, etc etc, Death and Disease everywhere, etc etc"

So wheres the money going to come from? eh? Go on.. give us a clue... because from what i'm seeing (being based in phuket personally) is theres very little (if any) money coming down here from Bangkok central government, the tourists are being told to stay away from phuket by people who are ill-informed... and its going to be a very very long, cold low season... There are going to be a lot of thai people who dont have a source of income, a home or family to help support them...

F@*!*ing sounds like the w(ank)er Burma government if what your saying is accurate!! They've, reportedly, only accepted aid from China!!!!!!!

Boogles my head

I have been urging people not to cancel their breaks to Thailand!

All I am saying is....

Wouldn't it be far better if things where not hurried.....If people were to start going there for their holidays now, they would be very much more dissatisfied then they would've been before this huge disaster! The Thai people are obviously concerned about their immediate futures (not forgetting their grieve about their lost ones), but there is huge amounts of money and effort being concentrated that way.

Lets try and let things evolve naturally! Nature is a very strong thing after all.

The Thais (and lets not forget about the really devastated (It's hard to think how more devestated things can be) regions) need time to think!

It applies too us all, expats un all!

Time is the best healer

B

Honestly I wouldn't expect first class service if I was going to Phuket nor would I be pissed if I didnt get it. (to be expected considering all things)- most likely donate some of my holiday time to help out. (just me you know - can't sit idlely around and enjoy myself while so many are suffering) Thai(s) need us now more than ever - I'll stand by that statement until I die.

Same for us too Brit, Phuket wasn't on our original list of place to go on our 3 weeks to LOS in March but it is now as I think that even our small amount of tourist pounds will do some good somewhere for someone :o

I used to think that s'porians had the biggest face of the asian nations...now maybe Thai goes to top of the pops.Why can't they accept money when it will be needed? :o