Thaksin Vows To Fight On For Justice

george

Thaksin vows to fight on for justice

Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra vowed Saturday night that he will not give up but will continue to fight along side his red-shirted supporters for justice.

He was making a phone-in address to some 20,000 supporters who gathered at fund raising dinner at Wat Phai Khiew temple in Don Mueang district at 7:30 pm.

He thanked his supporters for go on fighting for him and he would never give up until he receives justice and until real democracy returns to the country.

"I would like to thank you all for standing by me. I'll fight along you. I will not give up as long as justice has not returned and democracy ha s not returned," Thaksin said.

"I don't wan to look for trouble but I am seeking for justice. Now, the situation has come to its worst. And I was the first one to become a victim so I'll seek the truth along with you."

-- The Nation 2009-02-15

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Khun Thaksin will go down in history as one of the most demonized and unjustly treated people of our time. Hopefully the next election will put things back in order.

I wish you'd change your avatar. I keep thinking you're that bloke from Seinfeld. :o

Khun Thaksin will go down in history as one of the most demonized and unjustly treated people of our time. Hopefully the next election will put things back in order.

I wish you'd change your avatar. I keep thinking you're that bloke from Seinfeld. :o

George Costanza you mean - a short angry little man - something of a slow-witted loser. Perhaps it's apt?

Khun Thaksin will go down in history as one of the most demonized and unjustly treated people of our time.

:o My heart bleeds.

LOL .. yeah a convicted felon is just misunderstood :D

its no big secret that in Thailand the ju.......ary works for whoever is in power or has the 'power' at any particular time

Khun Thaksin will go down in history as one of the most demonized and unjustly treated people of our time.

its no big secret that in Thailand the ju.......ary works for whoever is in power or has the 'power' at any particular time

What? He was convicted of breaking a serious law and is on the run.

What are you trying to say?

So you're saying then that whilst Thaksin was in power he was able to control the judicial process in his favour.

If he was happy to abuse the system himself, and accepted the court rulings when they were to his advantage, what right does he have to dismiss them now as unfair?

So you're saying then that whilst Thaksin was in power he was able to control the judicial process in his favour.

If he was happy to abuse the system himself, and accepted the court rulings when they were to his advantage, what right does he have to dismiss them now as unfair?

that is a different story

just trying to say that I don't think he got a fair t.....l

just one part of the injustice he has been dealt

LOL

again you show that you do not

1) understand anything about Thailand

and

2) understand the law that he was convicted of breaking. (It was an open and shut case)

Personally I just think you are trolling and trying to skirt the rules about criticizing the courts.

that is a different story

Khun Taksin should have been hunted down and brought back in chains, just like any other felon. If he's so innocent then why didn't he appeal his sentance???

Just another fatcat who can't get his face out of the trough! :o

Was Samak PM when he was convicted or was it his brother-in-law Somchai? :D

Seriously though, I don't think he would hesitate to start a civil war if he was sure that he would win. I'm no fan of the yellowshirts, but Thaksin is potentially far more dangerous to Thailand's future than they are.

Edited by otherstuff1957

What? He was convicted of breaking a serious law and is on the run.

What are you trying to say?

He is saying that charges can be politically motivated - once one is out of power the other side pursues its opponents, and may turn a blind eye to wrongdoings by its own coalition.

Numerous precedents of this in Asia. Its not to say your opponents are necessarily innocent, just that their cases are pursued more vigorously

This is not a proposition for Sherlock Holmes.

So our 'journalist' is saying that the deposed PM, who expressed trust in the courts, and whose puppet party was in office, was being hounded by the government?

Hon, again it was an OPEN and SHUT case. There was no defense for it which is why there was no appeal. ((Not to mention he would have to appear in person to appeal!))

Was Samak PM when he was convicted or was it his brother-in-law Somchai? :D

i know you were joking, but it brings home the point I was trying to make, Samak and Somchai were not in control of the country , the military was. todays goverment is no different. thats why we have the yellows let off the hook , the culprits for the refugee scandel wont be identified , samak PM was kicked out for a cooking show of all things , so after all these blatent things going on people still say Thaksin got a fair t.....r is ridiculous. he didnt have a snowflake chance in hel_l.

Not to mention Abhisit got into power , that would have never happened if the military didn't intefere. Abhisit has been making escuses and covering up for his puppet masters since the day he was in power.

He was getting to popular in LOS

and someone got jealous

So our 'journalist' is saying that the deposed PM, who expressed trust in the courts, and whose puppet party was in office, was being hounded by the government?

Hon, again it was an OPEN and SHUT case. There was no defense for it which is why there was no appeal. ((Not to mention he would have to appear in person to appeal!))

Turning a blind eye to corruption in some cases and ignoring them in others is an Asian tradition - as we speak it is going on in Taiwan.

Will the authorities be over-analysing the conduct of its Transport minister - a person nominated by the 'Friends of Newin' for whom bus procurement is a pet project? We will have to wait and see.

Was TS guilty of his charges. Yes, sure he was, he was caught red handed! So he's confusing 'justice' with just feeling a bit victimised.

What is tedious is people (who are problably not averse to a bit of hooking, work permit violations, copyright theft and probably don't like paying tax), to keep being melodramatic and calling him a 'convicted felon'.

Edited by Journalist

But there was a PPP-led coalition-government in power, when he was convicted, so that argument fails then.

Perhaps if he had let the several other cases proceed, and he had been found innocent in them, you might make a better case, but he got caught instead trying to bribe judges, and did a runner, which suggests that he doesn't share your conviction in his total innocence of any wrongdoing. :D

I'd add that the three thousand executed, during Thaksin's 'War on Drugs', are IMO ahead of him, in the queue of those unjustly-treated.

Update:

Deputy PM Sanan to Thaksin: Come home to fight court cases

NONTHABURI: -- Deputy Prime Minister Maj-Gen. Sanan Kajornprasart on Sunday urged former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to stop his telephone campaign games with his supporters and to return to Thailand to carry out his fight in his country's courts.

Mr. Thaksin's telephoning of especially-gathered 'Red Shirt' audiences from his pool of the anti-government United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) supporters will never end the problem, Gen. Sanan said.

"If he (Mr. Thaksin) wants to come back here, he can come anytime to fight court cases under the legal framework," the deputy prime minister. also the chief adviser of the Chart Thai Pattana Party said. "But he should not phone in to incite his supporters."

Mr. Thaksin on Valentine's Day telephoned a UDD fund-raising event at a Buddhist temple in suburban Bangkok, reiterating his oft-repeated claims that he is being politically persecuted and cannot return home because Thailand's courts are stacked against him, and that because of this bias he cannot have a fair trial.

Gen. Sanan encouraged the ousted, convicted former premier to return to Thailand to resolve the convictions issue for his own sake, and for the well-being of the country, and to cease his telephone-assisted rallies.

Meanwhile, Deputy Interior Minister Thaworn Senneam urged the public to ignore Mr. Thaksin's phone calls, stating that he felt the calls were intended to intensify social divisions in the country and the instability of the government.

Mr. Thaworn however expressed his belief that Mr. Thaksin's phone calls to his supporters would not lead the public to pity the ousted premier, instead will erode his base of support.

Commenting on the planned large-scale United Front protest in 10 days time, when the Red Shirts intend to march on Government House during the February 24 Cabinet meeting, demanding that the coalition government resign, Mr. Thaworn said he believed no violence would occur. Security will be tightened and police are prepared to avoid clashes.

-- TNA 2009-02-15

Seems to me that in this current battle we have several different puppet masters putting forth their puppets to slog it out. Problem is that siding with either puppet is a waste of time as they are only to represent certain vested interests, they have no actual personal convictions or ideology, most of their outpourings are simply sleight of hand to manipulate an emotional response from the population and those to lazy to think for themselves.

At present Thaksin is fighting the battle his way ,attacking from the outside where he can,t get hurt , IMO he will push the reds to gather more and more support for him ,Amnesty for his old party members will give him a lot of strength ,from there you never know he migh even come back, if the Economy continues going downhill ,higher unemployment etc, his comeback to Thailand to face Justice ,might actually be good for Thaksin and turn into a nightmare for the Democrats

Turning a blind eye to corruption in some cases and ignoring them in others is an Asian tradition - as we speak it is going on in Taiwan.

Will the authorities be over-analysing the conduct of its Transport minister - a person nominated by the 'Friends of Newin' for whom bus procurement is a pet project? We will have to wait and see.

Was TS guilty of his charges. Yes, sure he was, he was caught red handed! So he's confusing 'justice' with just feeling a bit victimised.

What is tedious is people (who are problably not averse to a bit of hooking, work permit violations, copyright theft and probably don't like paying tax), to keep being melodramatic and calling him a 'convicted felon'.

Yes ... people that have never been convicted of anything that point out that Thaksin was convicted of Abuse of Power while in office are OBVIOUSLY melodramatic! They should go back to wherever they came from and ignore the fact that Thaksin is on the run from justice etc!