Getting Rid Of Mosquitoes

kunjet

I get many mosquito bites every night. I have tried to burn oils and use an electric tennis raquette swatter. I am trying to avoid spraying with chemicals. Any suggestions on things I can do?

I noticed a decline in bites when the air-con is on. Other than that, nothing else seems to work, me thinks, sorry.

you have to try many things and see what works the best: there are mosqito coils to burn around your house (some of those coils are natural), plants to have at home and in the garden, avoiding scents on your body, eating marmite and the other foods rich in vitamin B. But first of all are mosquito nets on the windows and doors. Running even a fun deters biting.

check previous discussions:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Mosquitos-t2...amp;hl=mosquito

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Plants-Deter...amp;hl=mosquito

I get many mosquito bites every night. I have tried to burn oils and use an electric tennis raquette swatter. I am trying to avoid spraying with chemicals. Any suggestions on things I can do?

I noticed a decline in bites when the air-con is on. Other than that, nothing else seems to work, me thinks, sorry.

Mosquitos cannot fly in certain temperatures.

A/C will work when it's turned on cold.

Depends on your housing situation. For there to be that many mosquitos in the place there must be water standing about nearby. If you can, locate and remove it. Improved drainage in the immediate vicinity of the house will do a lot to reduce the problem.

Or if it is a pond or something that you cannot remove, add those little fish that eat mosquito larvae (tilipia).

Mosquitos cannot fly in certain temperatures.

A/C will work when it's turned on cold.

20-22 degree and they can't lift off anymore....they can only walk to you :o

At 18 it is safe beside that my wife is VERY unhappy.

Beside that a mosquito net over the bed helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I have mesh at the windows for fresh air, other than that I have all light furniture, white walls etc and just one or two dark things in the room. Hang a dark damp towel in the room and all the mozzies will be on that. Use the electric bat to kill them. When the room is clear never have the door open at any time. Open and shut it behind you. That way mozzies can be kept to the absolute minimum. I never get bit at night because there are simly no mozzies in my bedroom. If its a hotel etc then turn air con down or sleep under a fan or both. They are good deterents.