Best Dentist In Phuket Or, Places To Avoid

jbeck

Best dentist, for pull a cracked/broken tooth, install false tooth, and crown.

Also, Whiten teeth, in phuket Town, or kata/karon.

Can they speak some english?

Or, locations to AVOID?

Please speak from your personal experience, who do you recommend, and where exactly is it?

I live in phuket town, I know there's many many places....

I'm asking for a referral from your PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!

I don't have time or the courage to try them all.

thanks so much,

jeff

I'll be interested in this thread. I need to get a decaying wisdom tooth pulled. Dentist stateside said I will need an oral surgeon as I have deep roots. It's now starting to hurt all the time, so can't wait much longer.

A mate of mine said he has a good Dentist. I'll check with him and get back.

SB

• 2 years later...

I had very good experience with a german dentist near Chalong circle, cheap as well!

Has his own lab for dentures etc.

PM if interested.

Gerd

hi hi,

do u still hv this contact for a german dentist near chalong circle?

really in need of a dentist now. tx!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Just going to revive this thread as I recently had a couple of great experiences.

I finally gave in to the pain and went for a much needed root canal. For no particular reason I started at the newer dentist in Chalong between Whalen Language School and the now torn down "Super Maket". About 100M from the circle going towards Kata, right hand side. Has the word "Smile" in the name as so many dentists here seem to. Anyway, got an appointment right away, English speaking dentist poked around, took X-Rays, identified a couple other issues, and gave me a referral to Kata Dental Art in Kata. When I asked how much, he said no charge!! I am thinking perhaps he makes commission on the referral.

So off to Kata Dental Art at the corner of Patak Rd and Kata New Rd. across from the fresh fish market. I was optimistic about this place as it had been recommended to me before. Dr. Tan and the woman who works at the front desk both speak English well. The procedure was quick and painless and a fair price at just 8000B for 3 of four roots of a molar. Went back for the draining and permanent filling yesterday and now I am so happy to be able to eat pain free again. I was terrified to have this done but feel silly now considering how easy it was. They even offer you an easy payment plan if you don't have the dosh in your pocket at the moment. http://www.dentalartkata.com/

I'll be interested in this thread. I need to get a decaying wisdom tooth pulled. Dentist stateside said I will need an oral surgeon as I have deep roots. It's now starting to hurt all the time, so can't wait much longer.

A mate of mine said he has a good Dentist. I'll check with him and get back.

SB

I'll update this....I got the wisdom tooth pulled in the states by an oral surgeon and I'm glad I did. This guy was supposed to be good, and was even a childhood friend of my older sister. We got on well talking about people we both knew growing up. Before he started he said 5-10 minutes. Yeah right...not with my roots and the center of the tooth decayed. Sure enough he snapped the top of the tooth off straight away, even cutting the inside of my cheek a bit. Several X-rays, two more Novocaine injections and an hour and a half later he still wasn't done drilling and digging into my jaw bone. He was dripping sweat and had to take a break at one point he was so exhausted. Still tough, no pain, just not real fun. The only pain came from the initial injection and some jaw pain from holding my mouth open for so long. He said of all the extractions he had done this was an 8.5 out of ten, and he doesn't hardly get any 9's. At the end he slumped into a chair exhausted and in a bit of role reversal I jokingly tried to cheer him up a bit! "It'll be alright buddy..we made it." I understand now why dentists have one of the highest suicide rates.

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

Where is that German dentist beside Chalong circle, I went to Rang Hill Phuket Clinic and they saw my two teeth that had fill ins before they went off and they said : SORRY WE CANNOT FIX YOUR TEETH!

So, I need a professional dentist to be honest.