Money To Give...

Ted

The company that I work for in Singapore places quite an emphasis on charity. There are many team building / physical challenge type activities raising sponsorship / funds for charity.

As a company we want to assosiate with one particular cause, the feeling being that by identifying with a cause, seeing the efforts having a direct effect will increase employees participation, enthusiasm and generosity. In the light of the Tsunami and the location of the office this seems appropiate. But rather than give money to a worldwide organisation we are seeking a local charity in South East Asia to support.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pls contact the Rotary Club of Koh Samui or see the topic TSUNAMI AID CONCERT on Koh Samui Jan 15

This is very serious and are raising fund that will benefit directly the local communities, children, educational projects.

It is a 100% volunteer organisation so no admin fees as you may have in the large international NGOs.

www.rotarysamui.org

specific email for the concert [email protected]

Thks for your help

Marc Ribail

(Rotarian and part of the Concert Commitee)

from Phuket Gazette

Call for donations to rebuild schools

PHUKET: Those interested in making donations for rebuilding Baan Kamala and Baan Kalim schools, both of which were badly damaged in the tsunami, can do so using the bank account information below.

All proceeds will go toward reconstruction and providing scholarships to students who lost their parents in the tsunami.

The first account, the Phuket Educational Area Relief Fund, will be administered by officials from the local branch of the Education Ministry, which will allocate the funds:

Bank: Krung Thai Bank; Branch: Phuket; Account name: Phuket Educational Area Relief Fund; Account number: 805-002293-5; Swift Code: KTDTHTB

Donors to this account are asked to contact K. Premjit via email to [email protected] or Fax to +66 76 214066 or 214553, or by calling Tel: +66 76 211591 (ext 30), after transfering funds into the account.

The second account will be administered directly by the teachers at Baan Kamala School. The account details are:

Bank: Krung Thai Bank; Branch: Patong; Account name: Kamala School Donations; Account number: 837-0-00808-9; Swift code: KTDTHTB

Baan Kamala School is now closed for reconstruction but is tentatively scheduled to reopen on January 10.

Hi;

I just posted the same not about the schools. Be assured that ALL your money wouold go towards rebuilding the schools. no high salaries or office buildings taking a % of your donation.

I would be glad to send updated pics as the school/schools are built

PS the timing for Kamala school is worng. They just have finished leveling the structures that were destroyed.

Even if they get the money it will be months to completly rebuild and are ready for students. They need your help now

65 people lost their lives here in kamala, 15 of those farnags, the rest locals

Thanks everyone. Particularly interested in the rebuilding of Baan Kamala and Baan Kalim schools and this is the sort of project that we'd like to support. Unfortunately I'm far too low down the food chain to make the actual decision, simply forwarding alternatives to the board of directors (got to love multinationals) who will vote on a decision.

Please keep options coming in with links if possible so I can forward these onto the decision makers.

Hi,

Like Ted I have a similar situation. I have been contacted by a friend in the UK whose work colleagues have agreed to send a collective monthly donation over a long period of time but this must be to a specific project - rather like a sponsorship. They would prefer to help an individual or group who once 'back on his/her feet can go on to help others (i.e a doctor or housebuilder for example). they have also suggested perhaps contributing to rebuilding a community medical centre or school or similar- just somewhere that continued regular monthly support would benefit from. The group in the UK would require periodic updates in the form of an email or photograph - purely to keep the donators interested as they feel an anonymous donation would loose interest and this way they have something to relate to - understandably.

The cash would go direct into a bank account every month and all my job is (being based in Thailand - albeit the N.E.) is to try to identify an appropriate cause. this is a long term project - not just a quick inject of cash and I/they are open to ideas across the board from anyone who may know of something suitable.

This is a good opportunity for someone or some group and approval is already in place from them - they just need to know where to send the cash every month.

Please contact me ASAP if you know any person or persons which may 'fit the bill'

Thanks for your help .

Paul - aka Udox