Narathiwas Residence

Hi,

Do any of you know this place the website looks great..and they have a good deal for the 2 bed apt which is just what we need for our month stay. I dont know this area at all though..and as we normally stay around Sukhumvit was wondering how long its likely to take to get to the sky train (chongnonsi) What is this area like? Shops/food?? Has anyone stayed at the Narathiwas? pros and cons?

many thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Do any of you know this place the website looks great..and they have a good deal for the 2 bed apt which is just what we need for our month stay. I dont know this area at all though..and as we normally stay around Sukhumvit was wondering how long its likely to take to get to the sky train (chongnonsi) What is this area like? Shops/food?? Has anyone stayed at the Narathiwas? pros and cons?

many thanks

hi i ahave an appartment 2 bhk for 18000 per month at naratiwas 24 if you are intrested. its about 10 mins from chongnonsi station and a BRT is coming right across the street.

lemme know if you are intrested

Excellent place to stay. The gym, swimming pool, staff and rooms are all great. Its so much better than the Oakwood as everything is new and not in need of repair.

The only issue (which made me move out) is that its not near any night life. If it’s a family place you need that this is perfect but if you are single than this is not the place for you.

Shopwise- there is Rama3 Central department store 10minute walk away. Taxi to sukhumvit with no traffic is 15mins and 80bt. It takes 5minutes to get to Skytrain with no traffic and 40mins with traffic.

Excellent place to stay. The gym, swimming pool, staff and rooms are all great. Its so much better than the Oakwood as everything is new and not in need of repair.

The only issue (which made me move out) is that its not near any night life. If it's a family place you need that this is perfect but if you are single than this is not the place for you.

Shopwise- there is Rama3 Central department store 10minute walk away. Taxi to sukhumvit with no traffic is 15mins and 80bt. It takes 5minutes to get to Skytrain with no traffic and 40mins with traffic.

Say again? :o

Thanks for that info..its great to hear from someone who has stayed there. We are traveling with a 17 month old so it sounds perfect for us. I have been very impressed so far with the replies I have had from the manager so fingers crossed its as nice as it looks on the web..

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We ended up staying for 5 weeks and I have to say turned out to be the best place I have ever stayed in Bangkok. Staff are so kind..breakfast is very good.. cant say a bad word about the place..Never had any problems getting around town..would be fine for work in Sathorn..Just wish I could book in for a week as next trip I wont be staying in bkk for the whole time :) as far as I know the shortest you can book in for is 2 weeks..

• 3 months later...

Sorry to hijack this thread. I am considering staying at this property for about 7 months from November, so do not have much time to think through.

Distance to BTS is critical for me. Therefore, may I know if the property is 5min on foot to the station, or is that by vehicle? If I were to walk, how long would it take? Also, is there sufficient eating areas around the property?

Sorry to be so abrupt, but would really like to hear from real people who have stayed there before (rather than the hotel's marketing team). Thanks so much!

Sorry to hijack this thread. I am considering staying at this property for about 7 months from November, so do not have much time to think through.

Distance to BTS is critical for me. Therefore, may I know if the property is 5min on foot to the station, or is that by vehicle? If I were to walk, how long would it take? Also, is there sufficient eating areas around the property?

Sorry to be so abrupt, but would really like to hear from real people who have stayed there before (rather than the hotel's marketing team). Thanks so much!

No, it is a 5 min walk from the Apartments to the main road Naratiwat Srinakarindra, where numerous buses and taxis pass. There is no way you can walk to Chong Nonsi BTS. There might be a possibility that the Hotel offers shuttle bus service to the BTS. The other Serviced apartments in the same road such as Bangkok Garden and Oakwood, all provide shuttle bus service. Consult the hotel and if not, ask them for the best bus route.

Hope I've helped a little bit

The area is very good, Starbucks, restaurants, pharmacy supermarket are all at the exit of the compound.

cheers

Thanks for your reply, Marios. I will probably reconsider the Narathiwas then, because I would need access to the BTS. There is a shuttle service to the BTS, but I do not like to rely on that.

My other option is the Rajdamri, which is right next to the Ratchadamri BTS station. The negative though is that the area there has lesser convenience stores and eating places, apart from restaurants. I guess I'll have to look harder!