Two Romanians Arrested For Using Fake Atm Cards In Hua Hin

george

2 Romanians arrested for using fake ATM cards in Hua Hin

HUA HIN: -- Two Romanian tourists were arrested in Hua Hin Saturday using fake ATM cards to withdraw cash. A search of their hotel room found 140 fake cards.

Christina Marinela Budau, 22, and Iuliana Hogas, 21, reportedly confessed to police that they had been hired for Bt10,000 each by a British friend to withdraw cash in Thailand on the cards and transfer it to the friend.

The arrest resulted from a report by a card-theft suppression unit that female tourists had been using fake cards in Hua Hin since February 15.

The Thai Commercial Bank was checking if all the cards had been used, and police initially charged them with possessing and using fake cards to the detriment of others.

The women travelled from London to Thailand on February 14 and were scheduled to return on February 26, deputy inspector Colonel Ratthapong Kaewyod said. Police found they had been to Thailand in October, November and December, each time for one week or a fortnight, he said.

Police suspect they may have stolen Bt30 million.

-- The Nation 2009-02-21

most probably it was 10k baht/day

who would risk stealing £600k for a fee few hundred £ ?

Another Brit involved,talking about scum.

You seem to have a problem with Brits my friend, why tar everyone with the same brush? I'm a Brit, law abiding and locked up 'scum' from all nationalities and walks of life for over 34yrs, there are bad apples from all countries but dont treat us all the same!

You seem to have a problem with Brits my friend, why tar everyone with the same brush? I'm a Brit, law abiding and locked up 'scum' from all nationalities and walks of life for over 34yrs, there are bad apples from all countries but dont treat us all the same!

yes I agree but most bad apple's are from the UK.

Astonishing. And all Thai's are ....................

There was no Brit involved, Romania and Bulgaria are the counterfeit capitals of Europe if not the world, if anything a Brit would have to use the services of a Romanian to acquire such technology.

Ive lived in these countries and know what the people are like.

An opinion that cannot really be justified, you dont say where you come from??

Dont get me wrong I have no time for the bad ones wherever they come from.

I agree we have our share but I would guess no more than any other country; I try to judge individuals rather than generalise, but each to their own. If there are a few bad apples in the barrel do you throw them all out?

The Thai Commercial Bank was checking if all the cards had been used

Never heard of this bank ?! have you ...

October, November and December they may have stolen Bt30 million

This means about 10 mil a week (they stay a week per month)... and the banks don't react ... quite strange. My bank call up when my credit card is used outside of thailand... as a matter of security for the bank ...

I guess with 140 fake cards they can get away with it ... but no longer

A few hundred quid a month, plus a couple of weeks paid holday a month in a place that is a lot more pleasant than England or their own countries.

Not a bad proposition to the unemployed. It is a lifestyle they could only dream about. If it was 10K baht a day they would be fair raking it in for the type of life they were living. Might be a delay in earning more of that type of money for the moment.

Astonishing. And all Thai's are ....................

Taken into consideration the big contingent of UK's in Thailand, one could just say the fact that people from the UK in Thailand on a criminal visit or stay statistically must be big.

And I have no problem with Brits, not at all.

But I take into consideration that of all the farang attracted & coming to Thailand at least a part of them are "criminally inclined".

And I guess that inclined part of visitors will be a tad higher because of the "possibilities" offered or imagined by relocating to Thailand?

Now, any ideas about Russians, Dutch, Columbians and all?

However, I cannot escape the feeling that most of the "commenters" on Brits might be called natives of the former colonies?

The Indonesians have the same ambivalent feelings towards the Dutch.

And indeed all the Thais are good!

No doubt about that!

There was no Brit involved, Romania and Bulgaria are the counterfeit capitals of Europe if not the world, if anything a Brit would have to use the services of a Romanian to acquire such technology.

A Brit hired those Romanians for 10.000 bat each.

A rather stupid and ignorant remark. Upon what are you basing this gem of information?

No, you see, most Brits are educated and know how to use apostrophes.

are you implying that Brits are too dumb? :o

What a bunch of hokum, the Romanians have sung like a canary CLAIMING a brit hired them. But then they would say ANYTHING to divert attention and blame

'It wasn't me, we're just the patsy's.'

And yes whenever there is a fraud crackdown in the UK a majority of the times it's the eastern Europeans and Russians who are the ones behind it. Ebay phishing, credit cards and so on.

I personally nearly got stung on this. Guess where the source was traced back to? Our Eastern Euro-trash friends..

They are very good at cracking the technology in place to pull off this sht.

If Brits try pulling it there less places to hide in the UK. Compared to the more protectionist countries like Romania etc for them to escape justice and return back to :o

Our fine Euro brothers, the Romanian Gypsy trash, will do anything and say anything to blame anyone but themselves. They are masters at manipulation. The Romanians in Europe are involved in crime, disproportunate to their numbers. Ireland, Poland, France, Italy. Twice they have tried to rob me abroad. Twice I caught them...to be told to let them go. Nothing could be done!!

We have them in droves here...selling the big issue and stealing anything that can't be nailed down. We recently had 50 of them camp on a roundabout on our main ring road around Dublin. They were flown home ...not given arm bands and told to swim... for many of them to return. What did they do in Romania? They owned apartments, businesses, shops, houses, etc. This according to the Romanian Ambassador who apologised to the Irish people for their behaviour.

Seems they are travelling a bit further these days?

The Romanian Gypsy trash scumbag cheats are in the US too. They also move quickly from town to town targeting the elderly with scams, fraud, theft, etc. When they are caught they should be jailed and put out of circulation. They probably got away with it at least 100 times before being caught. Google about the Gypsy if you aren't aware of the criminals. To be PC not all Romanians are Gypsies and not all Gypsies came from Romania... some originally from India.

The Romanian Gypsy trash scumbag cheats are in the US too. They also move quickly from town to town targeting the elderly with scams, fraud, theft, etc. When they are caught they should be jailed and put out of circulation. They probably got away with it at least 100 times before being caught. Google about the Gypsy if you aren't aware of the criminals. To be PC not all Romanians are Gypsies and not all Gypsies came from Romania... some originally from India.

There...It's now official. There are none in Ireland.

They all moved to Romania and India.

Regards.

So it is alleged! and remind me where did you say you came from?

are you implying that Brits are too dumb? :o

I'm implying that Romania and Bulgaria are world leaders in this kind of crime, hence why their nations are almost strictly users of physical cash. My former business partner who is Bulgarian would never use a debit/credit card as he knew exactly what went on.

To the Brit hater Tjan, im surprised someone as sophisticated and clear thinking as yourself believes the word of 2 thieves, dont you think they may have had somekind of story setup for when they got caught?

All plastic currency are tools of devil scum bankers and their lure of easy debt. (Promising that if you let them, they will stop if it hurts...)

Now some of them were British. But I think they liked Pears.

Good Thai peaches are hard to come by.

But Romanian melons, now we are talking.

Debt and Fear. Thats where all the rotten fruit comes from. And Poverty I suppose.

Lock 'em all up, apostrophes and all!

What was this thread about again? Where's my banana?