English Bull Terriers

KhunOr

I've been corresponding by PM to half a dozen people while the forum topic itself hasn't been growing,

Well, if you just would have answered some of the questions in this thread in stead of by PM, such as the Big Guns' dog's skin problem question and your diet change suggestions and Lozfranco's question about history of EBT's in Thailand, then maybe you would have had a more active thread?

Point well taken Nienke. However when people like Lozfranco PM me (as well as post in the forum) and several others PM me but don't post on the forum at all, I respect their decision to go private. I see that Loz has just paraphrased some of our PM correspondence (thanks Loz) and if others want to do that it is up to them.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been corresponding by PM to half a dozen people while the forum topic itself hasn't been growing,

I would be carefull with suggesting spaying at an early age. I would certainly read up about the negative effects that it can have both on physical and behavioral level before deciding to such an irreversible act.

With the greatest respect to you Nienke, I disagree that 9 months old is too early (that's the age of the OP's dog that he wanted an answer about) and in fact it would have been better before it came into heat.

Feel free to jump on board any time Nienke. This is a thread about EBT's, not 'MY' thread per se. Thanks for all those references. The OP had been waiting for an answer for 10 days and I wanted to give a quick overview now that I'm back at the ranch.

Hi Loz,

Nice little fella. Knowing what I do about your pup, it occurred to me that he might not have started a deworming program before he came to you and even if he did, you should administer a deworming (roundworm) medicine every two weeks up to 12 weeks or until no more worms are seen. For his size he'll need a liquid medicine that you can put into his mouth using a syringe body. You'll see loads of worms come out hours later and some will still be wriggling. He'll be a happy chappy afterwards. Puppies get the roundworms from their mothers by the way and getting rid of them is easy. Your vet will have the right med and dosage and it is cheap.

couple of pics - bullseyepost-78306-1237645175_thumb.jpgpost-78306-1237645139_thumb.jpg[attachme

nt=79036:bullseye.jpg]

here in israel the spaying /neutering age is 6 months before first heat... although due to religious reasons (can u believe it, but halacha/jewish law even covers how to deal with farm animals and pets) many vets here do not do neutering or spaying although many vets will still spay but not neuter) large majority of males here are not neutered (if the problems are behavioral, they can get a shot of something hormonal to try, if the behavior changes, the vet may neuter, if not, no neuter, and back to square one)....

spaying here is done if there is problem of pyometra, etc...

as for vaccines, again, depends on the vet: and , btw, found great info about the effectiveness or lack thereof of the different vaccines-- about the development of antibodies in different pups, and the 'inbetween time' when a pup is most susceptible, but dont know where i filed it, it was a slide show type thing- i guess i can google for it again, but it wasnt some screwy study but a good explanation .

... since we had seen quite a few pups after all vaccines, with parvo type illnesses (treated symtpmatically, some made it, others didnt)... also, here the average age of a pup going to a new owner is unfortunately 4-5 weeks :D(......... we are still third world here... in the states i heard that spaying neutering even at 2 months!...

:o i would like to point out to all dog people here:

the whole spaying neutering questions, like the vaccines question, is a personal decision for each owner, based on all pertinent information-- rather like the question of vaccinating children or not, or giving antibiotics or not... all sides have the good and the bad and it is up to the owner/breeder to make informed decisions....

-- please lets not argue about these issues. nienke always takes time out of her busy day with her doggies to explain about her points of view, and most people know about the other recommendations, i think both sides have legitimate points and all are for the health and welfare of our pets... many times the new owner is at the mercy of the nearest/local or only vet available so may not be able to go according to personal preference either.

khun or, i think that posting exerps from the pm's is a good idea.... sort of concise info w/o all the extra wording around it....

bina

israel

Hi Loz,

Nice little fella. Knowing what I do about your pup, it occurred to me that he might not have started a deworming program before he came to you and even if he did, you should administer a deworming (roundworm) medicine every two weeks up to 12 weeks or until no more worms are seen. For his size he'll need a liquid medicine that you can put into his mouth using a syringe body. You'll see loads of worms come out hours later and some will still be wriggling. He'll be a happy chappy afterwards. Puppies get the roundworms from their mothers by the way and getting rid of them is easy. Your vet will have the right med and dosage and it is cheap.

K.Or, thanks for that, he's going to the vets for his pavro / distemper jabs this week, will get the deworming med then.

attached pic taken a couple of weeks ago, Cheers

post-78306-1237782521_thumb.jpg

Quick question for Khun Or and other EBT owners here:

I’m a very active person and run between 5-10 km (30-60 mins) per day mostly cross country. Considering the EBT’s heavy build and the climate in Thailand, would an adult EBT be comfortable with this distance?

Hi bullbull,

EBT's are not heavily built, as in large and weighty. They are a medium size dog (typically around 24kg as adults), but very muscular and athletic too. All our dogs love to run, but we've never taken them jogging outside the confines of a big enclosed garden area. I'd say that the big potential problem would not be whether the EBT would enjoy running or keeping up with you, but whether you can keep him/her on a leash when you are running, which would be vital if you run anywhere near other dogs.

As a cautionary tale: there was a time years ago when we took a male puppy to a big public park regularly, always on a leash. There were many dogs there. We also took him to public areas where many people were walking around, as part of his training. He became completely at ease among strangers and other dogs and happily played around, but was often threatened by other dogs that roamed free (note, not the other way around). He never engaged these dogs (he has a great temperament) until one day when he reached about nine months old he'd obviously had enough (and had reached young adulthood) and he tried to fight with an attacking dog (he may well have seen that as defending us, not only himself). We had to stop taking him to places with other dogs around after that.

on the topic of dogs I have often wondered if the weather in southern thailand is too hot for a german shepard? When I was a child my father had 2 and they were great family dogs. I would love to get one but the hip problem is also an issue. If the weather is not an issue does anyone have a lead as to where i could buy a GS without hip problems and an est. price.

As a cautionary tale: there was a time years ago when we took a male puppy to a big public park regularly, always on a leash. There were many dogs there. We also took him to public areas where many people were walking around, as part of his training. He became completely at ease among strangers and other dogs and happily played around, but was often threatened by other dogs that roamed free (note, not the other way around). He never engaged these dogs (he has a great temperament) until one day when he reached about nine months old he'd obviously had enough (and had reached young adulthood) and he tried to fight with an attacking dog (he may well have seen that as defending us, not only himself). We had to stop taking him to places with other dogs around after that.

I've seen this more in the EBT. I mean that it really looks as if the bull gets fed up with those other stupid threatening for nothing idiotic dogs, and once he feels strong enough he will tell them off. Some show this quite early the age of around 9 months, others a bit later after one year of age.

Problem with the EBT is that he's very very fast, and bites and holds. And as friends of mine told me with their bull, it doesn't matter where he bites. He just bites and holds while the other dog rips pieces out of him in an attempt to get loose.

The other problem with an EBT is that once he has the taste of fighting he *can* look it up.

So, to bullbull, as Khun Or already says, jogging with your bull once he has reached the appropriate age (that is, he's physically souhd to run long distances ) and it has been build up slowly is most probably not a problem. It will be the other dogs that can cause a major problem for a peaceful run.

There have been several requests PMed to me for photos of the bitch we will be breeding for the first time later this year when she reaches the perfect breeding age, which is two years old. I think that it may be of wider interest on the forum to show a good quality dog so here she is:

Breeder: NTBT Kennel

Pedigree name: North Thai Shining Star

DOB: October 2007

Appearance: white body, one black eye patch. Strong, muscular, deep wide chest, thick neck, perfect features

Temperament: confident, reserved, very good natured

Health: excellent. Unblemished skin and fur, apparently immune to insect bites

We think she's a beauty!

post-58041-1238233620_thumb.jpg

post-58041-1238233649_thumb.jpg

post-58041-1238233665_thumb.jpg

post-58041-1238233687_thumb.jpg

Here's a nice site with a detailed description of the bull terrier's breed standard, supported by clear pictures and drawings:

http://www.dog-pictures.co.uk/dog-pictures...l-terrier.shtml

Especially the oval-shaped head of a bull terrier's is of great importance, as that is what makes this breed unique:

<quote>Head and Skull

Head long, strong and deep right to the end of muzzle, but not coarse. Viewed from front, egg-shaped and completely filled, its surface free from hollows or indentation. Top of skull almost flat from ear to ear. Profile curves gently downwards from top of the skull to tip of nose, which should be black and bent downwards at tip. Nostrils well developed and under-jaw deep and strong<unquote>

I've seen many bulls that do not fullfil this part of the standard, unfortunately.

Edited by Nienke

Historical

The first descriptions of dog fighting, similar to bull terrier are found in the literature much earlier, before the race known as the father of James Hinks and brought them in 1862 for exhibition. Taplin (quoted in Backmana) in the year 1803, writes about teriers like BULDOGS among the lower social strata, which were used for hunting. The year 1808 comes out the picture of James Ward bull terrier ointment black with white podpalanej meanings. According to Edward C. Ash was already in the year 1819 white dogs named Paddington, weighed about 30 kilograms. Heads were similar to the boxer.

0f2d1c0def6d5652.jpgApproximately 1830 students from Oxford (Freeborns) bred white bull terriers and in 1842 Sir Richard Burton took the dog to India, where the race has become one of the most popular by the colonists.

James Hinks - the breeder of animals - about 1,850 years began to cross bull terriers with white teriers. Have also been mentioned by chartach English (greyhoundach) and dalmatyńczykach. Your participation in the formation of the race was certainly pointer, Bedlington Terrier and the Staffordshire bulterier. Hinks had the ambition to grow the white race of sorts. His dogs were to be not only more beautiful than in the past bull terriers, but must also have their qualities - courage and dexterity.

The dismal and bloody customs

From the early Middle Ages remained in England brutal custom "Baitings Bull", one of the most bloody of dogs walk, they know the story. This entails duel with the bull dog - bite predator would in the body of the bull and do not give to him to lose. Across England were large arena, specially designed to fights of the animals.

A new warrior

In the nineteenth century, in search of the perfect dog to fight (the "dog fighting") cross bull teriers different varieties, but especially popular with the white terrier, which, unfortunately, not our living days. The result was the most stubborn dog, what was not, much bigger and stronger than bulterier what we know today. When in 1835 a royal edict forbade years organizing "Baitings Bull", is not ended with the era of ill-treatment of the animals. Those who enjoy the barbaric entertainment went down to the underworld and organized dog fight in secret!

Bull Terrier enters salons

In the year 1862 well-known dog breeder, James Hinks, presented the first official bull terrier for its breeding of dogs for exhibition. It was a rare snow-white bitch about the past, and a relatively long elongated head, compared with other bull terriers incredibly elegant. Hinks has never indicated how it reached its so different from other fighting dogs look their animals, most likely, however, used in farming - like bulldog and white terrier - also dalmatin.

PUSS

James Hinks for creating the appearance of his new bulteriera gathered not only praise - supporters of the previous, much heavier type of dog reproaches him that the "combat machine" model did. Hinks, therefore, cast their critics challenge - walk the Puss with any females, chosen by the former type of dog. The winner was to receive not only sumkę a lot of money, but also a nice box of champagne. The opponents met in London and after less than half an hour after the fight was: Puss killeda his opponent to shreds! The next day, also received his first of many awards at the beauty contest. The success of the entire line!

Miniature Bull Terrier

In 1943, begin of miniature bull terrier. His height should not exceed 35.5 centimeters, weight is not restricted. Baseline condition: the dog has to look as good, less bull terrier perfectly normal size, and its mass should correspond to its size.

2a94214ea3277c7f.jpg
Bull Terrier in 1907 year

70cef32662c3473a.jpg

Bull Terrier in 1934 year

;

bd73dd8a04a2aabd.jpg

Bull Terrier old type

In olden times bull terrier was also used for popular entertainment in that period, such as rats kill on time, fight with the other wild animals.

First bull terrier were exclusively white. It was not until many years later by the Kennel Club has accepted a variety of colors. The first Championship for male color is linked to the year 1935, while still in the thirties, especially in Europe, bull teriers were cut ears. Many fans of bull terrier believes that is true bulterrier white. Color is usually striped, and yellow tricolor.

Today's bulterier is a family dog.

b391c81240f2a0d6.jpg

CH Quest HELLRAISER

464464a787119e6fmed.jpg

CH.BOCO BE GOOD OF ARICON

9831523150e8a92d.jpg

CH. Aricon One In The Eye

Hi Bina,

No, not an EBT. The following is taken from Wiki and the formatting may be a bit wonky, sorry. I've copied the original painting.

It has been claimed in various sources that he was a Jack Russell Terrier, a Fox Terrier, a Rat Terrier, or an American Pit Bull Terrier. He was named Nipper because he tried to bite visitors in the leg!

Nipper lived 1884 to 1895. In 1898, three years after Nipper's death, Francis painted a picture of Nipper listening intently to a wind-up <A title="Thomas Alva Edison" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Alva_Edison">Edison-Bell cylinder phonograph and he filed an application for copyright of his picture "Dog Looking At and Listening to a Phonograph."

A modified form of the painting became the successful trademark of Victor and HMV records, HMV music stores, and RCA.

Nipper.htm

• 1 month later...
Just to let you know that the two puppies that I mentioned a week ago have been ordered already. One is going to a new home in the depths of Isaan on Wednesday and the other will fly south on Friday, emigrating to another country. We are going to miss these little buddies alot, but we are glad to have found great owners who we know will love them.

Today a new bitch (an extremely beautiful girl that we're very excited about) came into season and we are inviting advance orders now before we breed her. Please PM me for more information if you might be interested. We are aware that times are tough and will not produce another litter unless we are sure there is demand.

hello,,,craig here khun,,,,thankyou for directing me here,,,its very interesting,,,,im also interested in any litters you may have,,,mini bull(i know what u said)or normal bulls,,,im interested in looking,,,where in C,M are you?. im near to gat gomme market.

thanks again,,,craig.

Khun Craig2,

You can contact Khun Or directly: when click on his name a box will open. Then click on either "send a message" or " view member profile". On Khun Or's member profile you can find his email address.

How good is Hill's Science Diet, is it worth the extra expense or local Pedigree Chum type food good enough? Thanks.

Probably not. If you read the ingredients list you will be surprised. I was shocked. Wouldn't dream of feeding the stuff to my dogs, any more than I myself would want to eat canned processed food and dry biscuit all my life :)

I'm a health conscious eater and people tell me I look younger than my age. My dogs eat a healthy diet of real food and they look great too. But try to explain to people that they and their dogs can be the same? Difficult to get across. Such a personal decision.

That said, this is the short explanation of the food our dogs eat. There are many variations that are good and if you are interested in feeding real food to your dogs you might like to google 'BARF diet' for other suggestions and then form your own opinion. There's a post above in this thread where I explain what happened the first time I fed my EBT real food.

DAILY DIET

PROTEIN 40%

CARBOHYDRATE 40%

VEGGIES 20%

Plus: uncooked bones to chew on (for calcium and strengthening gums and teeth)

Plus: one fish oil tablet per day

Plus: occasional fresh fruit bits as a treat (banana, apple flesh, orange, strawberry, etc)

Protein (RAW UNCOOKED): chicken and beef and whole fresh fish daily, offal (liver, heart, kidneys) twice a week, one whole egg a week including the crushed shell. Change combination regularly for variety of nutrients and taste. Feed a whole chicken carcass as a single meal twice a week.

Carbohydrate (COOKED): pureed brown rice (never white rice)

Veggies (RAW UNCOOKED): carrots, swede, pumpkin, broccoli, kale. Veggies must be pureed because a dog's stomach cannot digest solid veggies. Use only a small amount of the green vegetable.

Preparation suggestion: You can mix all the ingredients and make enough for two days in advance and then store in the fridge. This saves alot of time.

Khun Craig2,

You can contact Khun Or directly: when click on his name a box will open. Then click on either "send a message" or " view member profile". On Khun Or's member profile you can find his email address.

Actually its 'her' email address :) You've met my partner. We write everything together on this thread.

To answer the question: We are planning a litter later this year with 'North Thai Shining Star' and have some orders already. As Nienke says, for specific info on buying puppies from us, do please PM me or email, as this thread is not a 'sales' site as such.

I simply can't recommend to you one commercial pet food over another. I have looked at Science Diet dry food and was utterly appalled at the ingredients listed there. Science Diet is flogged by vets in Thailand – you can't buy it anywhere else. Just imagine how much money they and the manufacturers make from it.

Diet is the single most important key in keeping your dog healthy and preventing disease. I urge you to read the ingredients of any commercial food you plan to feed your dog before you make a choice. Today's pet foods are made up of waste that is leftover from processing human food - blood, bone, ligaments, tails, etc., and it is stuffed full of filler agents, chemicals and preservatives

You may have heard of the controversy around the pet food preservative called "Ethoxyquin". The FDA tested this preservative and found that it was unhealthy for animal consumption... so they of course banned companies from using it, right?

Wrong. The pet food manufacturers argued that it was too important to do away with, and instead of banning the substance outright, the FDA cut the amount that pet foods were allowed to contain in half.

Half of a dose of poison is still poison!

Remember the recent pet food recall scandals? It began in March 2007 and involved the contamination and wide recall of many common supermarket shelf brands of cat and dog foods. Pet food containing a poor quality protein, wheat gluten was contaminated with melamine and cyanuric acid - this was added to artificially boost the measured protein levels. The source of the contamination was Wheat Gluten imported from China.

Soon after there were numerous reports of animal deaths as a result of kidney failure with one online database reporting as many as 3,600 deaths and 10 times that number affected by kidney disease – in the USA alone. 'Quality' brands were affected.

Unfortunately, there will be MORE recalls - and more types of contamination.

Here's a less than appetizing list of the additives you'll find in commercial pet foods:

Anticaking agents

Antimicrobial agents

Coloring agents

Curing agents

Drying agents

EmulsifiersFirming agents

Flavor enhancers

Flavoring agents

Flour treating agents

Formulation aids

Humectants

Leavening agents

Lubricants

Nonnutritive sweeteners

Nutritive sweeteners

Oxidizing and reducing agents

pH control agents

Processing aids

Sequestrants

Solvents, vehicles

Stabilizers, thickeners

Surface active agents

Surface finishing agents

SynergistsTexturizers

Whitetrash, if you really don't have time to feed your dog in the way I've outlined in the post above, I do understand, but then at least do the following:

1. Read the ingredients labels on every commercial dog food you can lay your hands on.

2. Choose several of the best (not just one only), preferably the most NATURAL ingredients and change the diet from one to another regularly (but don't mix them together).

3. Make at least some of your dog's food at home, sometimes, PLEASE.

4. Feed some raw beef and chicken occasionally (surely that's easy to buy when you buy your own food?)

5. Feed raw beef bones and chicken carcass occasionally (for nutrition, calcium and healthy gums and teeth).

6. And finally…if your dog starts getting sick, or his coat and skin start to deteriorate after eating primarily commercial pet food, please consider changing his diet to raw, real food. In most cases you will see some pretty dramatic health improvements as a result.

The following is a list of common diseases, and their dietary links. I've taken this this partial list from the well known online vet, Dr Andrew Jones:

-Arthritis is often a result of joint wear and tear - but, diet is key. If the appropriate diet is fed, your pet is less likely to be overweight, and have arthritis. Many of the Premium diets have additional anti-oxidants, Glucosamine and EFA's which will aid in treating and preventing arthritis.

-Dental Disease is often a result of dogs not having adequate abrasive food materials to regularly chew on. In the wild, dogs would regularly crunch bones. Dogs that eat who raw food, especially bones, have healthy gums and exceptionally clean teeth.

-Kidney Failure. Inadequate and improper protein sources and low moisture content (of dry foods) are the two major kidney stressors I believe occur in commercial foods. The kidneys also take a hard hit from many toxins to which the body is exposed.

-Urinary Infections and Crystals. This is often caused by consumption of a dry, high carbohydrate diet. The classic example is the corn based dry food that produces a high urinary ph and concentrated urine.

-Chronic Vomiting and Diarrhea. In addition, the proteins in grains are less digestible than animal proteins - look at Science Diet!

-Immune Disorders. The immune system becomes irritated and weakened by the invasion of foreign, non-nutritive protein and carbohydrate particles found in kibble. Allergies and other chronic immune problems may develop. In severe cases this can lead to Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia.

-Diabetes and Pancreatitis. The pet's pancreas will do its best to keep up with the demand for amylase. But over time the Pancreas loses its ability to respond leading inflammation, and severe vomiting/diarrhea. In other cases the Pancreas is no longer able to produce insulin, resulting in Diabetes.

-Seizures. Preservatives such as ethoxyquin, BHT, and BHA should be avoided as they can cause seizures. Many "supermarket" foods are loaded with chemical dyes and preservatives. If you can't make the food yourself, be sure to buy only high quality kibble made from "human grade" ingredients

-CANCER. There are many dietary risk factors that are contributing to Cancer. Here are just a few:

Smoke flavor. Indicates flavor which can potentially become carcinogenic, retards bacteria on rancid meat.

Ethoxyquin (a preservative).The most carcinogenic preservative, most in industry have stopped using it except very cheap, poor quality foods.

"Red 40". Artificial color, carcinogenic.

Sodium nitrite (for color retention). Potentially highly carcinogenic.

BHA (a preservative). Chemical. Highly carcinogenic preservative. Corn oil (preserved with TBHQ). TBHQ contains petroleum-derived butane, can be carcinogenic.

Artificial flavor. Can become carcinogenic. Produces allergies.

So there we are. You shouldn't have got me started :)

The best of luck with your dog. How you feed him is your choice...

So there we are. You shouldn't have got me started :D

The best of luck with your dog. How you feed him is your choice...[/font]

:) Can I help, can I help? :D :D

All supermarket food is of low quality. Compared to Science Diet, the latter is better. (that rhymes! :D) Still feeding a species appropriate diet, that is a raw food diet is definitely the best diet to give to the dog. This, btw, doesn't include lots of veggies and fruits, as dogs' digestive system are not designed to digest that stuff, even when cooked or blended. (and yes, I need to take the article of my website, it's horribly out-of-date)

If you feed your dog the prey model diet it isn't that much more work than giving kibble. I feed my adult dogs twice a day and puppies three to four times a day, depending on the age. They get whole pieces of meat with the bones in there.

For example, my adult GSD male eats 400 gram per meal. I cut 400 grams of a piece of whole chicken, pork rib or tripes. No need to cut it in smaller pieces, they can do that themselves. For very young puppies I do smash the bones though, till they can crack the bones themselves.

The prey model doesn't contain veggies and fruit mixes, like the BARF diet.

Diet, BTW, is not the single most important key in keeping your dog healthy and preventing disease. Dogs on good diets still can totally become a mess after they received their vaccines, and worse, after they received too many vaccines in combined jabs and with too short time in between the jabs.

Currently I know of 5 pups, in the last month only, that have serious problems due to vaccinations. Very very sad! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Went back to the UK earlier this year and visited a friend of mine who had a 2yr old EBT, I was gobsmacked and impressed at how the breed has changed. His male had a shorter muzzle, wider curved head, smaller ears and was very heavy boned and looked awesome!

He gave me a copy of 'The Bull Terrier Year book' and showed me which champion stock his dog came from. ...I kept EBT's in the UK 25yrs ago and my dogs resembled the dogs of today in Thailand and it struck me that indiscriminate breeding and more importantly no regular infusion of new blood has not helped to improve the breed here but time seems to have stood still for the breed as a whole in Thailand.

Before everyone 'jumps' on me, I have 2 EBT's myself here and love them very much but if I attempted to show them in the UK I would be laughed out of the place!! These dogs are beautiful dogs and progress should be made when breeding not just money!!!

This isn't a rant against the breed but an observation and does anyone know of any recently imported stock, if not I might have to bring some over myself (peng mak mak)

Yours humbly..........An EBT lover

Hi Chayakon,

You make some really good points about the breed here. Thai bred EBTs are strong and beautiful and healthy, but the facial structure in particular is different from recent stock in England and resembles the earlier stock there. This is an aesthetic difference, not one that suggests a disability in any way. Personally I much prefer the look of a well bred Thai EBT, but the fact remains that they are falling behind on the 'standard' that is being set elsewhere.

Yes, importing new stock costs a fortune and more important is subject to problems because of the great distance and travel time involved. Nevertheless we want to do so in the future and are planning a much bigger kennel with at least 4 rai of land dedicated to the dogs.

If you do bring any in, do please let me know.

Nice to have you on board.

• 1 month later...

Dear Khun Or,

I appreciated many of your instructive posts. Thanks.

My partner and I have been living in Cambodia for the past 10 years. We have been thinking about geeting a EBT or a Dogo Argentino for a long time and we are now seriously thinking about making that decision.

Still, there is no hurry and we really want to think it through. We were thinking about making a first trip to Thailand for a dog show to have a look at different dogs, get proper documentation, make contacts etc... before coming back to get a baby. Could you recommend any dog show coming up in the next months ?

Also a few questions :

1. We currently live in a house but we might soon move to an appartment : do you think this would be a problem ? I have seen a lot of EBTs apparently happy in european aptmts as long as the owner give them a daily walk. What do you think ?

2. My partner is a very sportive person. He hesitates between a EBT and a Dogo Argentino since the first one is famous to be lazy and laid back (Hummm ... Suits me very fine ! :) ) and the second much more active. I guess he dreams of a dog with whom he can play soccer all day long !

3. You mentioned a book you write on EBT. Is it available from BKK, I have a friend passing by there soon, and he could get it from if you can give me the exact ref + places to get it please ?

4. Finally : how are EBT around cats ? I have 2 of them (5 years old).

Thanks for all your answers !

E.

Edited by emeerkat