Westerner's Decapitated Head Found Hanging Beneath Rama Viii Bridge

george

Westerner decapitated head hung beneath Bangkok's Rama VIII Bridge

BANGKOK: -- The Thai capital was shocked Sunday afternoon when the head of western man of undetermined nationality was found hanging under Bangkok's famous Rama VIII Bridge.

Metropolitan police officers found the head attached by plastic rope dangling under the Rama VIII Bridge. At the roadway level balustrade, police discovered a message written in correction fluid, 'CATH I WANT BUT I CANNOT CAME TO BANGKOK TO BE YOU'.

Police said that the victim's nationality was not yet clear, but suggested that he might be aged between 40-45 years old and that he had been killed less than 16 hours ago.

An investigation is now being carried out at entertainment venues, popular foreign residences and embassies to identify the victim.

-- TNA 2009-02-22

HORROR IN CITY

Severed foreigner's head found hanging from a bridge

30096327-01.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police on Sunday are trying to identify a man, believed to be a foreigner, whose head was found hanging from a rope at Rama IX Bridge in Phra Nakhon district. His body was still not found.

The head, belonging to man in his 40s, was tied to the rope and apparently put in a plastic bag and hung from the bridge's railing. When it was found at about 2pm, the plastic bag was detached from the head, revealing a gruesome sight. A doctor estimated that he had died for at least eight hours.

Two sentences, "I want but I cannot …," and "I came to Bangkok to be you," were found written on the bridge's railings.

Pol Col Chavalit Prasobsilp, a police chief, said that it was apparently not a suicide and he will wait for autopsy results before concluding how the head was cut from the body.

"We will check the security circuits at the bridge and see if anything related to the incident was captured," Chavalit said.

"We need to urgently know who is the victim," he said, requesting that the media published clear pictures of the victim's face to help police identify the victim.

-- The Nation 2009-02-22

"We need to urgently know who is the victim," he said, requesting that the media published clear pictures of the victim's face to help police identify the victim.

Is it ok to post a close-up of it here if a photo is found?

A non close-up photo dispelled for me that this decapitation occurred as the result of a suicidal hanging because it's easy to see how this rope was actually attached to a bag and the bag contains the head inside of it... the rope was not around the neck:

bk1935.jpg

Article (in Thai) and photo from Thai Rath:

http://www.thairath.co.th/onlineheadnews.html?id=124717

Edited by sriracha john

Is it ok to post a close-up of it here if a photo is found?

A non close-up photo dispelled for me that this decapitation occurred as the result of a suicidal hanging, but it's easy to see how this rope was actually attached to a bag and the bag contains the head inside of it... the rope was not around the neck:

bk1935.jpg

Article (in Thai) and photo from Thai Rath:

http://www.thairath.co.th/onlineheadnews.html?id=124717

you cant seriously have thought it could have been a suicide?

Initially from a sketchy article regarding decapitation with a rope and a head found hanging from a bridge... very likely so, yes.

A few more details and a simple photo have ruled this out for me.

i cant comment on this case but there is no shortage of cases of suicide by hanging which have resulted in decapitation.

have a look on google.

Granted it happens but in this case how would he of put his head in a plastic bag & still tied to this rope?

i cant comment on this case but there is no shortage of cases of suicide by hanging which have resulted in decapitation.

This must be the most polite suicider ever. So considerate he wrapped his own head in a plastic bag so he wouldn't make a mess.

Granted it happens but in this case how would he of put his head in a plastic bag & still tied to this rope?

well , letting my imagination run riot , i would say that he puts his head and neck in the bag , ties the knot around his neck and jumps , the knot tightens , simutaneously decapitating him and closing the bag , the body falls in the river and the bag is held by the knot.

yes , i know it sounds impossible. maybe i should just go and join the thai police force.

Edited by taxexile

well , letting my imagination run riot , i would say that he puts his head and neck in the bag , ties the knot around his neck and jumps , the knot tightens , simutaneously decapitating him and closing the bag , the body falls in the river and the bag is held by the knot.

yes , i know it sounds impossible. maybe i should just go and join the thai police force.

actually that is very plausable,they'd know for sure from the head if it was severed or not.have to await the coroners verdict.

Sounds more like you were there watchin it to me.

I wonder if this guy owed any money to the Banco Vaticano :o

Seems I remember a chap who was involved in some financial shenanigans with said bank awhile back and ended up in a similar posture under a certain bridge in London.

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

I saw that once in that movie "Mission Impossible" forget what number.

So totally it can happen.

Bangkok Dangerous.

btw - it's not me I'm still alive

This does look very ' Mafia ' Style Killing, but far from anything the Thai Mafia would do...

Maybe this is russian??? ... but if anyone has seen a close up picture, russian men are easily identified....

Glad to see its not you Boater after your bad run in with ex Thai employers.

I wonder if this guy owed any money to the Banco Vaticano :o

Seems I remember a chap who was involved in some financial shenanigans with said bank awhile back and ended up in a similar posture under a certain bridge in London.

That "chap" was the chairman of banco ambrosiano and it happend quite a while ago.To be precise 27 years.

-- The Nation 2009-02-22

Was it all that long ago when severed heads were common fare on the front pages of the Thai newspapers to be followed by more extensive photographic treatment in the next issue of the "191" snuff magazine found at every street corner?

I always stop under that bridge to drink water and rest, when I ride my bicycle. It's a major rest area for Tuk Tuk and taxi drivers. Also some people fishing. There are sometimes shady charecters there. But this is truly sad.