Westerner's Decapitated Head Found Hanging Beneath Rama Viii Bridge

george

Nonsense.

1. If he had hung himself then the body would be underneath. As far as I'm aware, it's a disembodied head.

2. The note stinks of Thai grammar (like "My fiend me")

my money's on foul play(russian mafia)made to look like suicide.If he'd been heart broken from his teerak why not just take pills and booze,why go to all that trouble.

In case anyone interested, in today's Khaosod newspaper, they have a close up of the guys head.

http://www.matichon.co.th/khaosod/

Whatever is said about circumstances of this death is only pure speculation....Has anyone seen a clear close up picture ? As far as I know, the only two that we have seen do not show anything else than an unclear shot of a spheric shape hanging on a rope. My eyes are not too good, but , unless I missed something, it's all I have seen. I am sure that forensic will have much better elements to work on, and to give a more reliable explanation....

To the poor lad who ended his life there, RIP......Hope that circumstances of your death will be explained

Photo here link above,not to clear but I think if you new him you would recognise him from this photo.

Yes, this is a clearer picture, that will be useful for identification purpose.

But circumstances of death will not be discovered with this picture

That handwriting is not a Thai person's - Thai people all have more or less the same style of joined up handwriting they learn at school.

Holy crap, I was at the bridge last night with my wife.

What were you doing Hanging around the bridge last night? You may find that the Police want to speak with you?

that's a good one !

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean :D

I was also noting that someone appears to have left the BIB a bit of a 'lead' at the bridge. Seems at this time they should have the investigation 'in the bag'.....anyway, all speculation at this time, theres no definate way of knowing where this investigation is heading. :o

Holy crap, I was at the bridge last night with my wife.

What were you doing Hanging around the bridge last night? You may find that the Police want to speak with you?

that's a good one !

Sorry, I don't follow what you mean :D

I was also noting that someone appears to have left the BIB a bit of a 'lead' at the bridge. Seems at this time they should have the investigation 'in the bag'.....anyway, all speculation at this time, theres no definate way of knowing where this investigation is heading. :o

I am convinced that you did not follow what I meant.....

And your explanation of the situation is pretty well packed !

Sorry, but i dont like these joke comments being posted here in this above conversation. For me this isnt a story to laugh about.

RIP

No,you're right,it is a disgusting crime and certainly more prevalent in the south,then anything seen up this way.

If in fact it is a crime....it may still possibly be a suicide :o

The grisly discovery was made Sunday afternoon. So how long had it been swinging around there before somebody noticed it? Or had it been seen but was just ignored as just a piece of urban rubbish?

It obviously took some time to hang it over the edge and write the note, assuming the note is connected with the head as it might be just some pointless graffiti, so unless it was done during the early hours of the morning many people must have passed that way.

my money's on foul play(russian mafia)made to look like suicide.If he'd been heart broken from his teerak why not just take pills and booze,why go to all that trouble.

Far too cinematic-the mafia does its best to stay in the shadows. A stunt like this would only attract unwanted attention.

Terrorists want attention, but they would most likely have left a more decisive message.

This may be the work of a sadist, but the message that was left has me thinking the person who wrote it had a connection to him.

*edit*

Have analyzed message, but too early make assumptions about it, my bad.

Edited by Monroe

Far too cinematic-the mafia does its best to stay in the shadows. A stunt like this would only attract unwanted attention.

Terrorists want attention, but they would most likely have left a more decisive message.

This may be the work of a sadist, but the message that was left has me thinking the person who wrote it had a connection to him.

Should mention I've analyzed the message and I don't think it's an anagram or a code.

You probably would of been better off not to share any of that with us....naturally you must have qualifications to support all of your good work?

Foreigner Killed and Beheaded

The head of an unknown foreigner was found hanging on the Rama 8 Bridge. The police will review footage from closed-circuit cameras in the area and are searching for witnesses who may help investigators in solving the case.

Police officers from Bavornmongkol Police Station as well as forensic police came to inspect the head of an unknown Caucasian man thought to be between the ages of 30 and 40. The victim had been killed and beheaded before his head was hung on Rama 8 Bridge over the Chao Phraya River.

Investigations found that his neck bone was disconnected and the victim had tear wounds on the back of his neck.

Moreover, the skin on the back of his neck was tied to a nylon string. It is speculated that he had not been killed long ago.

On the bridge railings where the victim's head was hung was the message "I want to but I cannot" and "I came to Bangkok to be you" were found. The police will carry out further investigations to see whether it is associated with the murder.

The Bavornmongkol Police Station has cooperated with nearby police stations to determine in which area the victim was residing and whether there had been any witnesses.

Also, the police will cooperate with the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration to ask for footage from the closed-circuit cameras in the Rama 8 Bridge area to determine the victim's identity, cause of death as well as the identity of the murderer before getting in contact with the embassy of the victim's country.

- TOC / 2009-02-23

You probably would of been better off not to share any of that with us....naturally you must have qualifications to support all of your good work?

Why would I need qualifications to post in a forum? I make posts hoping for constructive feedback.

You post to expel as much garbage as possible.

Should mention I've analyzed the message and I don't think it's an anagram or a code.

monroe,i should think the message is clear"dont <deleted> with us" imo the russian mafia are a law unto themselves(paying the police in vast sums of baht to allow their activities to go unhindered)looks to me like a message to others.but then im no sherlock holmes,more like clousseau :o

Two options: suicide or foul play.

Suicide: seems unlikely

Foul play: a very serious message has been delivered to others out there. They know exactly who they are as they know the deceased and will never talk for obvious reasons.

I doubt this one will ever be resolved unless certain high ups know something in which case it will absolutely be deemed a suicide.

RIP. The truth won't come out in my opinion.

Edit: option one ruled out.

Edited by byoung2

monroe,i should think the message is clear"dont <deleted> with us" imo the russian mafia are a law unto themselves(paying the police in vast sums of baht to allow their activities to go unhindered)looks to me like a message to others.but then im no sherlock holmes,more like clousseau :o

Yeah, I know the type. Just being around them it almost feels like conventional law and logic no longer apply. So, I suppose it's best not to over-or-underestimate any group or individual.

As of now, this isn't a high-profile murder. Though it could very well turn into one.

Who done it?

Business partner?

Romantic significant other?

Terrorist?

Political activist?

Hired hit man by any of the above?

Serial Killer?

The makings of a novel but fact is stranger than fiction.

I agree. Looking at this and the brutality behind that, this does not look Thai at all. Mafia Methods.

Who done it?

Business partner?

Romantic significant other?

Terrorist?

Political activist?

Hired hit man by any of the above?

Serial Killer?

The makings of a novel but fact is stranger than fiction.

I agree. Looking at this and the brutality behind that, this does not look Thai at all. Mafia Methods.

I had to look twice at what you just wrote: 'This does not look Thai at all. Mafia methods.'

Yeh of course Mafia gangs and the brutality that goes with them do not exist in Thailand.

I have never seen so much unbelievable hypotheses' in all my life. Talk about armchair detectives :o

From decyphering messages to calling a death based on a 2X2 photograph. You guys are good :D

All we have to go on right now is the Police Report. With the Police tendencies over here to put most things onto Suicide, the fact they are saying it is NOT a suicide, leads me to believe that.

I dont think the real truth will ever come out, but hey guys keep up with the conspiracy Mafia/ Triad/ Russian /Gay theories. :D

I have never seen so much unbelievable hypotheses' in all my life. Talk about armchair detectives :o

From decyphering messages to calling a death based on a 2X2 photograph. You guys are good :D

All we have to go on right now is the Police Report. With the Police tendencies over here to put most things onto Suicide, the fact they are saying it is NOT a suicide, leads me to believe that.

I dont think the real truth will ever come out, but hey guys keep up with the conspiracy Mafia/ Triad/ Russian /Gay theories. :D

thanks jackdanny,but we have n't got into the who dunnit properly yet....more to come i guess.

Why would I need qualifications to post in a forum? I make posts hoping for constructive feedback.

You post to expel as much garbage as possible.

Monroe,

Seems to me that you are the one expelling garbage & knowing it, since after posting it, you quickly changed it.

You oringinally posted that , "I have Analysed the message and don't think its an Anagram or a code". <deleted>? It would appear from this type of garbage comment that you have been watching too many episodes of CSU or one of those other garbage Police shows. :D

No doubt this is the closest you get to any sort of real action & just what TV needs, another armchair expert :o

I don't think neverdie is joking. A usual police investigation would involve a request for anyone at the location around the time of the 'event' to come forward to tell them about anything they may have seen / noticed that could be relevant.

*I'm not a policeman though and who am I to tell the BIB how to do their job.

I would be willing to talk to the BIB, but I honestly didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I think I was the only Farang there at the time. The wife and I left after they turned off the lights under the bridge (around 10:30 - 11pm).

Rama VIII bridge is a great place to go and relax in the cool river breeze. The wife drags me out there at least twice a month.

I don't think neverdie is joking. A usual police investigation would involve a request for anyone at the location around the time of the 'event' to come forward to tell them about anything they may have seen / noticed that could be relevant.

*I'm not a policeman though and who am I to tell the BIB how to do their job.

I would be willing to talk to the BIB, but I honestly didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I think I was the only Farang there at the time. The wife and I left after they turned off the lights under the bridge (around 10:30 - 11pm).

Rama VIII bridge is a great place to go and relax in the cool river breeze. The wife drags me out there at least twice a month.

Don't worry too much about it ole mate. You will get a death sentence, but it will be reduced to 25-30 years.....do you have a good lawyer?

This just in:

Body of beheaded westerner found

Police Monday located the body of the head of a westerner, which was found hanging from the King Rama VIII Bridge Sunday.

The body was floating on the river near the bridge at 2 pm.

The Nation

This is the actual press release from The Nation's breaking news on the internet. I couldn't begin to write like they do so don't flame me.

Edited by grantbkk