Koh Chang With Large Group.

srowndedbyh2o

Taking the family to Koh Chang at the end of April or beginning of May. Including adults and children there will be 12 to 14 people total. We have never been to Koh Chang before so only know what we see on the Internet. Aside from me, the family is all Issan Thai, so we don’t want to be around any “bar” or “party” area. We are not into loud music or Karaoke, just a place where the kids can play in the water in the day, and in the evening the family can sit around relaxing, talking and eating. Would like to stay within walking distance to some type of market or shops and inexpensive restaurants. A place where we could barbecue and prepare some of our own meals would be ideal.

With so many people, I can’t afford to stay in any “fancy” resort type places. Also, I assume it’s better to make a reservation in advance rather than just show up and look around. A place with one or two large rooms / bungalows to hold most or all of us would be great.

I did notice online a place called “Chok Dee Resort” on Klong Prao Beach that has a couple of large family type rooms. Anyone know of this place?

Any other ideas or suggestions of places to stay?

Many thanks!