Second Road

johng

So the Mayor says that second road is going back to 2 way traffic, but only from the Dolphin roundabout to the "Tops" junction.

This will be trailled for a month first..didn't catch when it will be started, hopefully as soon as possible

seems like a good idea to me :o

What do you think ?

So the Mayor says that second road is going back to 2 way traffic, but only from the Dolphin roundabout to the "Tops" junction.

This will be trailled for a month first..didn't catch when it will be started, hopefully as soon as possible

What do you think ?

It probably will start same as they did last time.On any given day without any warning signs at all.

To make even more interesting they could make it 2 way on even months and one way on uneven months,or the first month only for trucks and later for everyone.

Are you trying to tell us that second road is one way? :o Could've fooled me.

So it is back to the way it was yet again. One of these days they'll get somebody in the traffic department that knows what he is doing but not in my lifetime.

Why don't they try making second road one way north down to south and reverse the traffic direction on beach road. That's about the only combination they've not tried.

There was me thinking last visit that the traffic was not so bad, should have known it wouldn't last.

Are you trying to tell us that second road is one way? :o Could've fooled me.

So it is back to the way it was yet again. One of these days they'll get somebody in the traffic department that knows what he is doing but not in my lifetime.

Why don't they try making second road one way north down to south and reverse the traffic direction on beach road. That's about the only combination they've not tried.

There was me thinking last visit that the traffic was not so bad, should have known it wouldn't last.

seems a good basic idea but we are talking about thai logic.The big problem with 2 way traffic is the thai stalls,baht buses just stopping in the road,parked rented bikes etc etc.

so the traffic on second rd going north from tops,will go into 1 lane???

jesus,that sounds like heavy traffic to me.

Hi,

Why 1 lane ??

No. There will be 2 lanes going north and 1 going south.

It has been like that during several years with no problem.

At some period only bahtbus could use the North to South lane

Just put your lights on to be sure those going North will see you.

What do you think ?

Just use the search function and you can find out the thoughs of posters going back every single year for the last 10 years.

That's how long they've been switching it from 2 way (how it was originally) to one way.

Have they put up traffic lights at the junction of Klang and Second for the new contra-flow? I seem to remember that last year they didn't.

It will also increase the traffic down Soi Yodsak as people turn down there to beach road to avoid the lights at Tops so watch out when you're off to renew your library book.

It will also increase the traffic down Soi Yodsak as people turn down there to beach road to avoid the lights at Tops so watch out when you're off to renew your library book.

I thought the trick was to nip around the back of Tops

For me I wish they would open up 2nd road for 2 way traffic from the dolphin right down to Pattaya Tai

For me I wish they would open up 2nd road for 2 way traffic from the dolphin right down to Pattaya Tai

now that sounds very sensible to me,now wash your mouth out and start to be stupid,we are in Pattaya man,so stop being rationale.

I prefer the more scenic route down Yodsak. :D

When the missus isn't in the car. :o

Isn't it just after this experiement fails that they try the one with closing Beach Road from Klang all the way along to South Road???

And then 2 days after implementing it announce it's failure as all the motorcy renters complain about not having anywhere to park their bikes.

Isn't it just after this experiement fails that they try the one with closing Beach Road from Klang all the way along to South Road???

And then 2 days after implementing it announce it's failure as all the motorcy renters complain about not having anywhere to park their bikes.

Why do people rent these motorcy's anyway, there's nowhere to park them anymore as virtually the whole of the streets' parking places are taken with either rental bikes or motorcy taxi's.

Anyway, when is this latest experiment due to start, or have I missed the date in my excitement at reading this perennial thread!

What is the reason for converting it into 2 way traffic?

I would assume that it's to take some of the traffic off of Beach Rd.

No.

It is only so that some civil servant in City Hall (a relative of the Mayor I expect) can justify his salary this year and probably get promoted to head of a new department sorting out the traffic problems.

Have fun, guys n gals. This "IS" Thailand you know. Nothing has to make sense.

I had an aquaintance get killed by a motorbike traveling the wrong way on 2nd street between the stopped song tow baht bus and the curb. The poor bloke stepped off the bus and into the path of the bike going the wrong way. :o

About a year ago, or maybe two, there was a very good article in Pattaya Trader - a whole two pages - by a traffic engineer on holiday (or expat - I forget). Sadly I forget to keep a copy. He suggested reversing the traffic flow on Beach and Second Road, and proved most the problems of Second Road / Pattaya Tai would be overcome. There would be free flow on Beach Road as Baht Buses etc would get loaded BEFORE entering the road. Second Road is wide enough for the queing Baht buses and other waiting traffic. Coaches that use the Beach Road would not be stuck in jams pumping out fumes. There were 2 pages of reasons why it would work. Every road was mentioned, even up as far ar Pattaya Klangs and Dolphin.

Have they put up traffic lights at the junction of Klang and Second for the new contra-flow? I seem to remember that last year they didn't.

The lights are already there, and used when Baht Buses come along Second Road. The problem is getting the timing changed to account for the the increased traffic.