Breast Augmentation At Yanhee Hospital

Comehome

Hi!

My friend, Jenny are coming to Thailand and she is planning on making some plastic surgery at Yanhee hospital.

She is interested in doing breast augmentation and needs some information about Yanhee hospital.

What implants do they use? Round or cohesive and are there a price difference?

Are they textured or smooth by the surface?

What guarantees do they have for the surgery and implants for foreigners and are they valid worldwide since she is going back to europe directly.

She might be going through a medical agent and wishes to know if you have any suggestions regarding that?

She tried to contact Yanhee by mail but did not get so clear so she asked me to ask you for help.

She plans to come to Thailand in april or march.

Any help will be most appreciated.

/Jenny and Leela

• 1 month later...
Hi!

My friend, Jenny are coming to Thailand and she is planning on making some plastic surgery at Yanhee hospital.

She is interested in doing breast augmentation and needs some information about Yanhee hospital.

What implants do they use? Round or cohesive and are there a price difference?

Are they textured or smooth by the surface?

What guarantees do they have for the surgery and implants for foreigners and are they valid worldwide since she is going back to europe directly.

She might be going through a medical agent and wishes to know if you have any suggestions regarding that?

She tried to contact Yanhee by mail but did not get so clear so she asked me to ask you for help.

She plans to come to Thailand in april or march.

Any help will be most appreciated.

/Jenny and Leela

were dose she live? im in brisbane in wanting to get boobs done in thailand to dose she want to go with anyone???? email me my names casey im wanting to go at the end of may more cheaper and safe if you go with someone!!! transport,accomerdation food ect you no what i mean i may not no use but were all human i recken it would be good to go with someone have more conferdence, but no one wants to come with me im 22 just had my second baby and now need this done come on im a friendly girl...please get back to me.

Edited by camerata
Email address deleted as per forum rules.

I'll field this question folks :o

Yanhee carries a fairly wide variety of styles (cohesive and saline) manufactured by American giant Allergan.

They also carry Mc Ghan style implants (though considerably more expensive).

Yanhee (and every other hospital MMR works with) has a 100% guarantee on their work.

This is obviously on a case by case basis and covers any surgeon errors.

Follow the butterfly for more information

• 1 month later...
were dose she live? im in brisbane in wanting to get boobs done in thailand to dose she want to go with anyone???? email me my names casey im wanting to go at the end of may more cheaper and safe if you go with someone!!! transport,accomerdation food ect you no what i mean i may not no use but were all human i recken it would be good to go with someone have more conferdence, but no one wants to come with me im 22 just had my second baby and now need this done come on im a friendly girl...please get back to me.

Hey, im going to thailand very soon, and im going alone, and i dont want to oviously, Im from australia- Perth, do you want to go toegther? im nervous as all hel_l, but excited...

I plan on going early august-anyone else whos een get in touch...

Anyone have any advise or particular surgeons is greatly appreciated-

cheers

Edited by camerata
Email addresses deleted as per forum rules. Use PM instead.

• 9 months later...
I'll field this question folks :D

Yanhee carries a fairly wide variety of styles (cohesive and saline) manufactured by American giant Allergan.

Yanhee (and every other hospital MMR works with) has a 100% guarantee on their work.

My wife's just been to Yanhee today for a consultation with Dr Greechart and the wife recons he told her they only do silicone implants and not saline one, something about them being out of balance or shape after a few years,, I wonder why she was told this? Or perhaps it was all lost in translation.. :)

Which is better anyways Saline or Silicone ?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I'll field this question folks :D

My wife's just been to Yanhee today for a consultation with Dr Greechart and the wife recons he told her they only do silicone implants and not saline one, something about them being out of balance or shape after a few years,, I wonder why she was told this? Or perhaps it was all lost in translation.. :)

Which is better anyways Saline or Silicone ?

Thanks.

Hi all

Silicone are better.

I am considering have BA in June either at Yanhee or Bumergarand hospital. So far I am considering Dr Pitch or Dr Greechart. I will be travelling alone...

I currently have implants, which I had surgery in Perth (Dr Chan) but can not afford to have them done here again.. and No, there is NOTHING wrong with them but I regret not going for the size I originally wanted (they are 320ml) and I want to go to 500ml.

I would like some advice re: getting new implants again, scar (i will have to have the incision under the breast rather than the armpit) and the hospital accommdation. I have Mentor round cohesive silicone in and these are the ones I would prefer to have again.

Also, if anyone has advice/contact details of this cool aussie girl in bangkok who could help me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks all and safe and happy travelling,

Perthgal :D

Hi Perthgal,

I too travelled alone to Bangkok for my procedures and for that reason I was so happy to have found Rachel the Aussie chick. She really provides a great service and support.

I have 450cc cohesive silicone, mod plus profile implants. I had a lift done as well so my incision was the 'lollipop' method. I am truly stoked with the results. I had a fabulous experience and highly recommend Rachel.

Cheers

Sapphira

I will never recommend or visit Yanhee again.

My assessment was done via email by photographs, the normal way.

"Dr. Suthat recommends that (birth name removed here) may have Blepharoplasty and Rhinoplasty as well as Zygomatic arch and Mandibular Angle reduction.

These procedures will "soften" features so that the look will be more feminine.

My broker (Destination Beauty) was just a go between, a sales person who gives no suggestions or promises,

simply reassures that it will be fine and distributes work to the hospitals medical staff to even the load.

(Destination Beauty)

I arrived in Bangkok and the following day I had my consultation with surgeon.

Dr Suthat suggested in person, I only get

blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty and chinoplasty,

Talking to the surgeon about my jaw line it was agreed upon a bit of a persuasion that the under chin area be liposuctioned.

I did feel rather disappointed as I really wanted huge amounts of change but seemed to be getting little.

The value for money was fine, no problem there.

I feel I couldn't make him take it.

So I ended up spending about half of expected.

With this cash burning a hole in my pocket at a big hospital I coordinated dental, hair grafts, and skin laser as well.

Surgery went ahead that afternoon and I thought it was going to be all at once, as I was informed,(the plastic work).

In the preparation room a nurse said to me "hello what are you here for"?

That was cool, just checking name etc to make sure I was the right patient,

then after explaining she said no no just chinoplasty and Blepharoplasty,

I said no no so she went to check and I never saw her again.

I was anesthetized and entered surgery .

I woke in theater with the surgeon stuffing my chin silicone in between my lower lip and lower teeth, struggling to talk I said aren't I supposed to be asleep now, he said "no, but you cant feel anything", I said "yes I can but I cant move and why am i awake?"

He said "so I can mark your eyes."

I moaned in pain of my chin (really was hurting) and the squishing sound of the stuffing of silicone made me feel really ill and in shock.

My eyes were worked on while I was conscious and knew what was going on.

Unable to react I passed out soon after.

I then woke in my room in intense pain from my chin with no rhino work done, blindly with eyes swollen, I paged nurse who called another who screamed at another (very out of character in Thailand ) because of my intense pain.

10 minutes later a nurse returned and informed me as I had already had a needle I was to receive no more relief (it really hurt and my pain threshold is high).

I argued and got something that sent me to sleep.

A bit later on I went again to surgery again and my nose was de humped and tipped.

In recovery the pain of the eyes, nose and liposuction was quite bearable but the chin stung and pained like hel_l. It was so bad.

I was given every antibiotic known to man and beyond as they do and the nurses were really good.

I had my check up and most of my external stitches removed.

I coordinated my own 2500 hair graft, a dental filling and whitening and skin laser.

Dental was most helpful but the skin laser had me wondering aimlessly around not knowing what to do.

Don't get laser tooth whitening if you have sensitive teeth, stabbing yourself in the head with a thinners soaked piece of bamboo is less painful.

The nurse forgot to remove my lipo stitches and I had to do them myself.

My nose, although de humped is still is bent to the right a lot,

I don't think any work got done on the side, just the humpy bit.

In later days and recovery I find my nose is still bent,

I am unable to speak personally with my plastic surgeon, hair transplant surgeon or there personal assistants.

I did need to communicate further for medication as my hair transplant had problems.

My trust in broker is gone.

The person i lay my trust with didn't visit but rather sent 2 assistants after my surgery, my eyes were swollen shut and my mouth was so painful i couldn't speak, i had never communicate with these people before.

To my surprise the broker office was only a few minutes walk to the hospital.

In summary:

I have nightmares of waking in surgery and not being able to move, as it happened.

My nose is still bent and really big.

My hair wouldn't grow and was slowly coming out.

No facial feminization has been achieved.

Without announcing my previous plastic surgery it is recommended by others

I have reduction and change made to my nose and chin shape.

Thanks for reading

Maddy.

A few comments on this sad story:

1. There are a large number of agencies that serve as "middlemen" between hospitals and peopel seeking plastic surgery (and other procedures) in Thailand. They vary enormously in the services they provide and their reliability. Anyone choosing to use one should shop around and make a careful selection.

an agency that does nothing more than make a booking for you is not offering anything that you can't just as easily do yourself; all of these hospitals have websites in English

while no company (or surgeon/hospital for that matter) can guarantee the outcome of cosmetic surgery or client satisfaction, they should be able to offer information on the percentage of people experiencing comoplications for specific procedures -- both in general and at the hospital under consideration -- and the percentage of clients giving positive feedback for a particular doctor or hospital

If it were me, questions that I would ask in selecting an agency would include "How do you select the doctors and hospitals you book clients with?" "How do you monitor the quality of care at facilities you refer clients to?" "Other than the booking, what supports do you provide? I,"f I have a problem while in the hospital, what can I expect from your company?" "Do you have any medical professionals on your staff? Who are they and what are their qualifications?" etc

Regardless of the use of an agency to arrange your procedure, I personally examine the credentials of the recommended surgeon. In fact, I would view it negatively iof the agency did not provide me with the doctor's full CV without my having to ask. I would also ask, and look for intelligent answers to, "Why do you recommend this specific surgeon?"

2. No one should undergo plastic surgery unless thoroughly satisifed with the pre-surgical consultation including the amount of time spent, the surgeon's apparent understanding of what you want, and the extent to which the surgeon provided a clear sense of what you can probably expect from the procedure. Both vague answers and extravagant promises are bad signs.

#2 is admittedly hard for people who have travelled here specifically for surgery as there is a time pressure. Still, better safe than sorry; these are elective procedures and better not done at all than done with bad results.

• 1 month later...

I have now been in comunication with Dr Suthat Koonnawarote assistant that assured me i would have a reply from the surgeon within 2 weeks, it has now been longer than 3 weeks, i have sent reminders and received replys to the effect,(politely) we will answer you when surgeon informs us.

The warranty i was given is not worth anything at all.

So sad.

A few comments on this sad story:

1. There are a large number of agencies that serve as "middlemen" between hospitals and peopel seeking plastic surgery (and other procedures) in Thailand. They vary enormously in the services they provide and their reliability. Anyone choosing to use one should shop around and make a careful selection.

• an agency that does nothing more than make a booking for you is not offering anything that you can't just as easily do yourself; all of these hospitals have websites in English

• while no company (or surgeon/hospital for that matter) can guarantee the outcome of cosmetic surgery or client satisfaction, they should be able to offer information on the percentage of people experiencing comoplications for specific procedures -- both in general and at the hospital under consideration -- and the percentage of clients giving positive feedback for a particular doctor or hospital

• If it were me, questions that I would ask in selecting an agency would include "How do you select the doctors and hospitals you book clients with?" "How do you monitor the quality of care at facilities you refer clients to?" "Other than the booking, what supports do you provide? I,"f I have a problem while in the hospital, what can I expect from your company?" "Do you have any medical professionals on your staff? Who are they and what are their qualifications?" etc

• Regardless of the use of an agency to arrange your procedure, I personally examine the credentials of the recommended surgeon. In fact, I would view it negatively iof the agency did not provide me with the doctor's full CV without my having to ask. I would also ask, and look for intelligent answers to, "Why do you recommend this specific surgeon?"

2. No one should undergo plastic surgery unless thoroughly satisifed with the pre-surgical consultation including the amount of time spent, the surgeon's apparent understanding of what you want, and the extent to which the surgeon provided a clear sense of what you can probably expect from the procedure. Both vague answers and extravagant promises are bad signs.

#2 is admittedly hard for people who have travelled here specifically for surgery as there is a time pressure. Still, better safe than sorry; these are elective procedures and better not done at all than done with bad results.

Edited by naughty1atnight

• 1 month later...

Hey, im going to thailand very soon, and im going alone, and i dont want to oviously, Im from australia- Perth, do you want to go toegther? im nervous as all hel_l, but excited...

cheers

Hi did you end up going to thailand to get ur boobs done? if so who was ur surgen and wot hospital did you go to... I am heading off there soon and would like some feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

cheers

Hi did you end up going to thailand to get ur boobs done? if so who was ur surgen and wot hospital did you go to... I am heading off there soon and would like some feedback.

When you're going to Thailand? where r u from? I'm going to thailand end of this year to get 'jobs' done also