What's Your Favorite Thing About Living In Chiang Rai?

EASYDOGG

Hard to say. I do like the different sport venues here and especially the provincial sports stadium with tennis courts. If anyone plays, face my wrath on the court!

Apart from that I have to go with the actual lack of things. I don't care for night life that much so the different little bars here and there, a couple run by expats, a couple by thais make it a pleasant stay without much fuzz.

Hard to say. I do like the different sport venues here and especially the provincial sports stadium with tennis courts. If anyone plays, face my wrath on the court!

Apart from that I have to go with the actual lack of things. I don't care for night life that much so the different little bars here and there, a couple run by expats, a couple by thais make it a pleasant stay without much fuzz.

Similar reasons to Goski, The Rai has everything needed to enjoy (a simple) life. I have 8 weeks off school soon so may have to face the wrath of Goski at some point!

Edited by skybluestu

Hard to say. I do like the different sport venues here and especially the provincial sports stadium with tennis courts. If anyone plays, face my wrath on the court!Apart from that I have to go with the actual lack of things. I don't care for night life that much so the different little bars here and there, a couple run by expats, a couple by thais make it a pleasant stay without much fuzz.
HAHA HAHA HAHA "WRATH" indeed. Well, just for your information, my leg is better now. Just need to do a little excercise to to strengthen it a little and then you`ll be facing my "WRATH when I get back. :D  Watch your back boy. :D  I`m coming to get you. :D                       

Chang35baht Murray.

PS Is it ok if I borrow your racket again :o

Edited by chang35baht

Things I like about Chiang Rai

- mountain biking, cycling to work, really friendly bicycle shop people (Fat Free)

- shopping at the local market (near the Main Post Office)

- small town, people know you or recognize you (better if you know how to speak Thai), everything is 10 minutes away

- much less pollution and traffic (but for how long - we don't know) parking is getting harder each year - which is why I bicycle.

- Walking Street along Thanalai Rd. every Saturday evening.

- Fishing park (Kiang Doi about 5 km from Mae Korn intersection)

- Golf driving ranges

- Farang food is available if you know where to get them

Yes, it's bad at the moment.

Started about the end of January and I hope to see it gone by April.

how bad is it?does it stop you getting around,wear face mask etc.4 months out of a year seems a long time to put up with it,or do you just get used to it every year?

No it's usually more like 2 months.

It's not too bad, I get a bit congested and it makes for interesting sunset/sunrise photography.

- mountain biking, cycling to work, really friendly bicycle shop people (Fat Free)

- small town, people know you or recognize you (better if you know how to speak Thai), everything is 10 minutes away

- much less pollution and traffic (but for how long - we don't know) parking is getting harder each year - which is why I bicycle.

- Golf driving ranges

That's what I wanted a good easy to read summary about what you like-not reading about matey's tennis <deleted> and injuries!!

Well, toybits gave it all away. I say we should round up a mob and clearly explain that these things are not to be revealed since it is so remotely likely that anyone would actually grasp the concept that these things exist after staying a couple of weeks in town.

Read my signature. I don't write the LIES!!! I just translate them... :o

Well, toybits gave it all away. I say we should round up a mob and clearly explain that these things are not to be revealed since it is so remotely likely that anyone would actually grasp the concept that these things exist after staying a couple of weeks in town.

- Golf driving ranges

That's what I wanted a good easy to read summary about what you like-not reading about matey's tennis <deleted> and injuries!!

:o:D

Edited by chang35baht

Tore my calf muscle during a shitey tennis game, Better now tho thanks.

Guys please don't ruin my thread with your shitey tennis nonsense. I said before I will soon be a local resident of CR and I want to feel at home and enjoy the delights of Chiang Rai. Please only post things about Chiang Rai so I can educate myself what's worth doing there.

Who's This Easydog fella ? , keeps churping up while we are trying to have a conversation about tennis ; which I don't play incidentally :D

............ Always someone trying to hijack threads on here.

No , Seriously, best thing about Chiang rai ...... Hmm ...... I guess its got to be the Friendly Outgoing expats :o

....... or maybe I should say Incoming rather than outgoing ...

Who's This Easydog fella ? , keeps churping up while we are trying to have a conversation about tennis ; which I don't play incidentally :D

............ Always someone trying to hijack threads on here.

No , Seriously, best thing about Chiang rai ...... Hmm ...... I guess its got to be the Friendly Outgoing expats :o

....... or maybe I should say Incoming rather than outgoing ...

Hey it's EasyDOGG not dog! But don't worry my bark is worse than my bite.........

But the best thing about Chiang Rai surely has to be the Thaivisa forum? Surely, I mean what would we do without it? Starve from bread insufficiency, scurvy and let's not forget about the plague.

Edited by goski

Don't be too hard on the Forum and the 10 or so of us on here.

It has its uses. for example , I wasn't aware of the Scurvy issue in Chiang rai until now. I've definately seen the signs though.

And its so easily prevented.

make sure you keep your Vitamin C levels up SnoopDogg ;-)

I am soon to be a Chiang Rai resident after relocating from lovely Chiang Mai. There is a CM post about favorite things in a city. So tell me-what is your favorite thing about living 'up the mountain' in Chiang Rai? :o

See you soon........

The "office licence", liquor store round the corner from the bus station. Keep turning right!

Yes, it's bad at the moment.

Started about the end of January and I hope to see it gone by April.

how bad is it?does it stop you getting around,wear face mask etc.4 months out of a year seems a long time to put up with it,or do you just get used to it every year?

That's a nasty can of worms you just opened, SBC.

Check the govt's pollution website:

http://www.pcd.go.th/AirQuality/Regional/Default.cfm

You can graph the last 3 weeks for any location or get a historical list for the last 10 years.

There is one recording station in Chiang Rai and I have no idea where it is.

There are 3 pollution measuring stations in CM. One is a mobile station but they don't tell you where it is on any given day, and they often don't report from this station, so the stats from there are useless. One of the stations is in the old city. Readings there usually show the PM10 level slightly better than in Chiang Rai. The other recording site in CM is just outside the city and almost always shows lower pollution levels there than in CR.

the current reading are as follows:

CM (old city) 149.6

CM (o/s city) 116.6

CM (mobile) 104.0

Chiang Rai 181.0 (2nd highest level in all of Thailand)

I hope the OP was not moving to CR for better air.

Edited by el jefe

You may have a point el jefe. !

I always thought it was a different kind of polution but it doesn't stop me sounding like I've got a 40 a day habit nonetheless.

Its bad this morning, looks like I imagine a nuclear Winter to be.

Not a peep from the powers that be so we must me OK :o

Couth .... splutter.... Mai.... spit... penrai :D