What's Your Favorite Thing About Living In Chiang Rai?

EASYDOGG

Best things living in Chiang Rai (the city and the province):

1. Santiburi and Waterford golfcourses

2. Beautiful surrondings like the mountains, Doi Mae Salong, Doi Tung, Phu Chi Fah etc etc

and the rivers etc.

3. Very good for offroadbiking, onroadbiking and pushbiking.

4. Not so many f*cking tourists and the tourists coming here are quite nice ones and most of them never goes further than 200 m from Night Bazaar.

5. Not too many f*cking expats and most of them are quite nice ones and most of them never goes further than 10 m from Ricco´s, PS Guesthouse and Reggie Bar.

6. 6 flights a day to go somewhere else.

:D:D:o

You may have a point el jefe. !

I always thought it was a different kind of polution but it doesn't stop me sounding like I've got a 40 a day habit nonetheless.

Its bad this morning, looks like I imagine a nuclear Winter to be.

Not a peep from the powers that be so we must me OK :o

Couth .... splutter.... Mai.... spit... penrai :D

The pollution level was so bad yesterday all over the north that the govt won't report it on the main page of the website. They make you dig to find it. Yesterday the PM10 in CM was 170 and in CR it was 240. The Thai standard, which is higher than most of the world, is 120. Today appears worse and there's no reason to think it will get beter anytime this month. It's beginning to look like a repeat of 2007. Ugh.

Polution control department ! ? I didn't know such a thing existed here. I guess they just report it rather than actually do anything about it. :D

Puts it in perspective though when the level is 240 in chiang rai and 20's in other places. :o

Anyway, I'd better go, I've got a whole pile of leaves and plastic to burn.

I live in CM but what I like about CR the most is my in-laws live there. Now, I do love them and I do

enjoy their company but having them 180k away is PERFECT!!!

Do want to add you all live in one beautiful city, you are most lucky.....

2. Beautiful surrondings like the mountains, Doi Mae Salong, Doi Tung, Phu Chi Fah etc etc

and the rivers etc.

4. Not so many f*cking tourists and the tourists coming here are quite nice ones and most of them never goes further than 200 m from Night Bazaar.

5. Not too many f*cking expats and most of them are quite nice ones and most of them never goes further than 10 m from Ricco´s, PS Guesthouse and Reggie Bar.

I endorse all of this, Still wanna come here Easydogg? I may be a little too quiet for you. When is the big day you arrive? We should all arrange a welcoming party! Beers on Edogg after all this advice!

Bad haze this morning, but I see rain forecast (BBC) so maybe that'll clear the air.

Where do you live jubby?

I'm about 20kms south of town and it was dry here. It was a warm night though which made me think there was rain around.

Phayamengrai. Its was nothing to get excited about . ofcourse I did get excited, but it only lasted 10 seconds. :o ................ Story of my life

We are enterning the HAIL Season. When warm air blowing from the south meets cold air from the north - this is a perfect recipe for Hail.

Keep your cars parked under a roof.

Where do you live jubby?

I'm about 20kms south of town and it was dry here. It was a warm night though which made me think there was rain around.

Phayamengrai. Its was nothing to get excited about . ofcourse I did get excited, but it only lasted 10 seconds. :o ................ Story of my life

Apart from Juppy's hail nothing in Chiang Rai. Seems Beeb got the forecast wrong again. I never thought I would look forward to rain. Lman will be seen dancing in his undies in it when it comes!

perfectly acceptable Ferang behaviour. I do it all the time :o

I can think of better people to watch dancing in their undies than middle aged male farangs.

I'd post pictures but it would wreck my current good name on the board. :o

In Chiang Rai Scea ? ......... Tell us more ........ must be one of those new Coyote Bars ... I really need to get out more :D

and the rivers etc.

I endorse all of this, Still wanna come here Easydogg? I may be a little too quiet for you. When is the big day you arrive? We should all arrange a welcoming party! Beers on Edogg after all this advice!

Bad haze this morning, but I see rain forecast (BBC) so maybe that'll clear the air.

Yeah I'm still coming. I can see all the haze and expat life has got you all humerous and in high spirits...give me some of that!! See you soon.......

I particularly appreciate C.Rai when I have to go visit other parts of Thailand. Particularly in heavily touristy places like C.Mai, Pattaya, Phuket (won't even get started on Bkk) - then I'm reminded of how Thais often get a sullen/jaded attitude toward foreigners - the more they happen to be around them (dare I say inundated by them). Because there's less comparative interaction between farang and Thai here in C.Rai, it's still generally refreshing to interact with the locals.