Any Good Greek Restaurants Around?

LadyHeather

there is "olive" at the emporium, the zaziki is ok, the souvlaki as well - but still far away from the original ;/

there was a quite good greek (athen´s?) a few years ago, wonder where he´s disappeared to...

Yes I agree...no Greek restaurants at all in Thailand ! Strange isn't it ?

The guy who will have the idea opening one in Pattaya or Bangkok will have a lot of succes ! And I sure will be one of his customers . :o:D

Really? No good greek restaurants at all? That's surprising for such a big city. There is such an abundance of everything else, why not Greek?

There was one on the main drag in Chiang Mai a year ago...it wasnt that good..

there was one near emporium in bangkoka few years ago ...since closed

You might try these two links, register if you want, sit back and enjoy at home!

www.foodbyphone.com

www.ChefsXP.com

Both have Greek and mediterranean offerings, similar delivery times (or you could just use their sites to Google the restaurants of course!)

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Really? No good greek restaurants at all? That's surprising for such a big city. There is such an abundance of everything else, why not Greek?

There are some good explanations.

1. Thais do not like Greek food. Took my wife to Greece for 2 weeks and she nearly died of starvation!!!!!!!!

2. Farangs visiting Thailand, would prefer to taste the local food.

3. Farangs living in Thailand are mostly looking for a good steak and chips or lamb chops..........

4. Not many Greeks in Thailand and the ones there are not interested to open restaurants......at the moment they are enjoying their retirement after they sold their restaurant in England or USA.

If i think of any more, I will let you know.

Regards

Costas

Costas has a point up to a point. Expats and even regular tourists flock to places that serve their home country food. What else can explain all the British restaurants in Pattaya. But there aren't that many Greeks here to provide a customer base here.

• 3 months later...

There is a nice little gyro restaurant called GYRO right in Silom Soi 4, it is a small family style place run by a Greek woman who is a delight and is there each evening. The prices are very reasonable and the chicken gyro i had was quite tasty.

• 2 months later...

Not that strange. There is not one Ethiopian restaurant in Thailand either.

No, there is one (or at least it was there a few years ago) close to askok junction.

I had a very nice cup of coffee there, which was freshly roasted in the back of the

room on a small charcoal fire.