Sattahip Utapao

MAC10

What kinds of housing are available in Sattahip Utapao area? Are there any websites available for housing there. We have been down there a few times on holiday and really like it but I don't have any information on actually living there full time.

I have heard some people talk about the Navy Hospital. Where exactly is it and how do you get there? Can somebody give me the address, or point it out on Google Maps?

What International Schools are available? What kinds of expenses are involved with sending kids to school there.

Any insight would be most welcomed, thanks in advance.

the area you are describing is ban chang to the east wall of utapao and sattahip to the west

there is not much in sattahip really- its a military town

ban chang ( which basically starts at the utapao white perimeter wall ( alongside the road down to phala beach) is the town to you are best being in

the town itself hugs the sukhumvit but the 3 main roads south take oyu down to the sea at Phala, Payoon and Namrim.

The whole area is called Ban Chang

International School on Phala road, just past Eastern Star Golf course- Garden International School

Bilingual School next door REPS

the navy hospital you are refering to is Queen Sirikit at KiloSip.

you'll see it at the main juction, south side of Sukhumvit road just before Utapao airport.

for info on housing search this forum- it's already been discussed here

tvaddict, Thanks for the info. Are you sure about the Navy Hospital? I thought it was inside the Base there somewhere.

You can enter the hospital grounds from either Sukumvit or the side road. No it is not on the base but adjacent to it.

See the call out on the map provided for the area.

post-20917-1235699602_thumb.jpg

There's also St. Andrews International School about 12kms up the road from the Ban Chang intersection heading to the Highway 36. Cost about 100k Baht a term and there's 3 terms per year.

There's houses and condos at Eastern Star Golf Course.

There's a few managed housing estates in the area and lots of Thai communities.

There's a large condo building at Paiyoon Beach also.

Check this thread also about housing http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Ban-Chang-Ho...es-t228221.html

Edited by PattayaParent

tvaddict, Thanks for the info. Are you sure about the Navy Hospital? I thought it was inside the Base there somewhere.

Yes, there is a hospital on the base also, but not just anybody can use it.

Beachbunny

Are you sure, as I am in and out of the base all the time and never seen another hospital other than Queen Sirkit hospital (AKA the Navy Hospital)....Queen Sirkit can be used by anybody....think there is some confusion going on

Yes, there is a hospital on the base also, but not just anybody can use it.

Beachbunny

Are you sure, as I am in and out of the base all the time and never seen another hospital other than Queen Sirkit hospital (AKA the Navy Hospital)....Queen Sirkit can be used by anybody....think there is some confusion going on

Yes I'm100% sure. It's called Apha Kon Kiattiwong Hospital. My thai friend's husband goes there. My husband's cousin is Retired Rear Admiral want me to ask him?

If you are driving west through the old part of Sattahip, along the ocean towards the base, instead of turning right to go onto Sukhumvit, just keep going straight into the base.....It says Navy hospital on the map, but could be Marine base, but here Marine and Navy are the together.

Beachbunny

post-13353-1236006517_thumb.jpg

I think the confusion here may be that people refer to Queen Sirikit as the "Navy" hospital and it really is a public/government hospital that is run and staffed by the Thai Navy personnel and is accessible to anyone Thai or foreigner. Whereas this other Navy hospital is actually for the military personnel only and is on a base that is not available to the general public.

Someone with firsthand knowledge can spell it out if I am way off here.

Edited by longball53098

I dont' understand what the problem is here. I was basically told I was confused when I replied to the OP's question if in fact there is a Navy Hospital on the base.... which I replied there is but not everyone can use. it

Longball, just reiterated that it is not open to the public,........................... as such.........it just depends on who you are.

I never once said that Queen Sirikit is NOT called the Navy hospital, nor that it is not open to the public. The information I gave was in addition to and in direct

reply to the OP's question.

Beachbunny

• 3 weeks later...