Economic Drama In Eastern Thailand

MAC10

I have been reading for weeks about the Auto Industry in Thailand going broke. What other Industry in Eastern Thailand is hurting? How is this effecting the Expat Community? Did Ford and Chevy lay off Expats or have they not been effected yet?

The writing is on the wall as far as things going down hill but how far down can we go? Lately many friends have been worried about Thai Doctors making a exodus to make more money overseas, will the health care system be effected on the Eastern Seaboard?

I asked some land owners recently about how its effecting them and they said, "No Problem, We are not effected by international market, our prices are not coming down" more or less. I went home and had a good laugh but the person was being very serious. I don't believe they had a clue to what is going on or they were in complete denial. Sales are off, the houses that were sold paid small deposits but now cannot get financing. It seems the housing and condo markets are dead in the water. I expect some of the construction projects which are still going to just shut down and the workers to simply wonder off just like 97.

Until recently I believed I had all the answers but now I have nothing but questions. Its like I just arrived all over again, have to start over and relearn everything, Only this time in in a broke version of bizarroworld.