Buddhist Tattoos

zenbangkok

hello,

I come from Paris, I am a farang women  :D ... I had learned how to know the "sak yan" for 2 years soon. I am accustomed to travelling to Thailand and it is a world very close to me, in the culture and thinking. it is a little my second home.

I learned has to respect the beliefs of the "sak yan". I am attracted for the tatoo ancestral since always. I have to a long time seek mister Nu kamphai, before miss Jolie  ( Master-tattoer in Bangkok), I wrote has all the tattoers inhabitant of Thailand  to find his adress !!!...it was very hard but I arrived there :o . the "sak yan" starts has to be increasingly popular, I have the impression. after Movie "necromancer" and angelina Jolie...

May i ask how do we find mister Nu kamphai?

Try Google, spell it "noo kanphai"

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump.

hi, im from america (georgia) but found this forum trying to find out more information about these tattoos. i heard about them through a magazine and became very interested.

i am not buddhist, and only have a barebone-working knowledge of buddhism, but im pretty fascinated by these yak san tattoos. the information provided here is pretty informative. other stuff i read about these tattoos said that the monks who engage in this practice are mostly theravada monks. is this true?

also, can anyone point me towards some literature (or maybe buddhist texts) that these tattoo symbols draw their inspiration from? although i dont plan on converting to buddhism, i would like to understand its tenets.

also, are the monks who tattoo only located in thailand? like, are there temples in cambodia or china where they also give yak san tattoos? for that matter, do any buddhist monks in america do this?

thanks

Yes there are temples in Cambodia/Laos and Myanmar where one can get a Yant tattoo.As for literature in english i am in the process of completing my book sak yant 108 in the English language.I wont tell you the link to my site that is all about sak yant, as i believe i am not alowed to advertise my link (not sure), but i am sure you can find it on a search, i think it woiuld be helpful to anybody here who needs info on sak yant thai temple tattooing.If not, at least i shall be returning to this blog often to try to assist in informing curious bloggers about this topic.I have studied yant and the Pali sanskrit language under the monks of wat bang pra temple since 4 years now, and reckon i know as much as any Farang does about this.write me if anyone need specific info on this.I will be pleased to help.

The Thai word - derived from the Pali-Sanskrit yantra - is pronounced yan or ยัน (no /t/ or /r/ on the end), rhymes with the English  'run', and spelt in Thai ยันตร์. The /r/ and /t/ are silent in the Thai version of this word. So it doesn't really make sense to write 'yant' - or if you want to write the silent letters, then it would be 'yantr' or even 'yantra' but not 'yant'.

I was told by the tattoo artists at Wat Bang Phra that the term kao yawt (เก้ายอด) in this case refers to the nine peaks of Mount Meru (aka Mount Sumeru) in Hindu-Buddhist mythology.

But in case I was misinformed, do you know which nine Buddhas are represented, spencerdharmagrafix?

:D I have seen many Thai men with tattoos obviously from temples and of a buddhist nature.. Before I go any further please excuse my ignorance on these matters, I am only asking here as I am curious and hope my lack of knowledge or terminology won't offend anyone.

Many people seem to have tattoos across their upper back/shoulders which look like many triangular spikes, is this some kind of protection sign, can someone explain?  also I have seen circles (is this to show the many ways of Buddhism).

I saw a girl the other day with a tiny Buddha tatooed on the upper most part of the bridge of her nose, like a bhindi.

Anyway was speaking to a Western chap who had one of these tattoos across his back, I was very interested to hear what it was about.. :o I asked him but he appeared to have no idea!! just said he went to a temple with some friends and had it done, then put a concealed donation into an envelope.

I am not sure whether this subject is exactly Buddhism but I felt if anyone would know then some people in here would.  I am genuinely interested to know, i see so many people with these Tattoos that they must be of some significants.

The nine Spikes in the middle on the nape of his neck, are called Yant Gao Yord ( Nine Spires Yanthra), Yanthra, or Yant, in Thai language, means a geometrical design with magical Powers to protect it's wearer.The Nine Spires are actually Nine Buddhas with Nine sacred "Unaloem" (the squiggly spiral that shoots straight upwards above the Buddhas head. The buddha representation (of three oval shapes , one above the other), is called "Ongk Pra" (Monk Body). The Mantra, or Kaataa, in Thai for this Onk Pra image has it's own particular mantra; Siisa Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae Ongka Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae, Phaata Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae.

(although contained within the general Yant design, it is also a stand alone Yant in itself, and can be tattooed on its own).The Nine Buddhas are located above a four-storied Tiered Box design.The Box design contains Twenty Boxes.There is an arrow pointing upwards to the sky, with the ninth, topmost Buddha above it. This arrow splits the yant into two mirroed halves.Each half contains the same mantra, one forwards, and one backwards. The mantra reads; Gu Ti Gu Ya Tha Saa Wae Taa Saa Gu - Gu Gu Ti Saa Tha Ya Gu Saa Taa Wae. Or even Gu Gu Ti Gu Gu TiYa Tha Saa Saa Tha Ya - Wae Taa Saa Gu Gu Saa Taa Wae. The mantra is composed in Khom (a version of Pali sanskrit in ancient cambodia, conbsidered to be sacred by Buddhist monks in Thailand).The main undertone is Buddhist but the roots of this ancient Craft has recieved influences from many other Folk religions and spirit worshippers, sorcery and Buddhism mixed together. This Craft of sacred Buddhist tattooing is chiefly practised in Thailand and cambodia, but is also to be found on a lesser scale in Burma (Myanmar) and laos. The twenty spires on the shoulders are an extension to increase the protection. Called Jii Sib Yord ( twenty spires).

hope this was of some help.

as to sabai jai's comments on the spelling of yant..firstly quite correct that the spelling is ยันตร์. in thai, but the common spelling is ยันต (sorry i got no thai keyboard to make garan) with no ro ruea letter.so you can spell yant or yantr if you want...actually transcribing thai to english is anyway a load of codswallop as it is too different to be able to compare .the onbly thing i was attempting is to stop farang from thinking it is yan, as there IS a t in there..as to the r i dont feel it necessary as it is optional just as nor naern is optional in words like pragothagarn...ps the letters "th" for me represent thor thau as it gives a sound halfway between dor dek and tor taharn...though this way of spelling thai in english may cause you to say there is no H haw heeb in yant...if not i would actually write yan like this ; Yanth®..the truth is it doesnt really matter as the two languages are anyway impossible to compatibilize (make compatible with each other).due to the fact that thai language has many more sounds and the correct amount of "payanchana and sara" (consonants and vowels) to deal with these sound.English doesnt have enough letters.As for saying that putting the t is false due to it being silent, i disagree, as the "gh" in the word though is also silent..but you still write it dont you? so thats why i write the t in yant...because it is there, as is the gh in "through" also.English people tend to drop the t off the end anyway, so writing yant with a t will not make the farang pronounce a t that is silent...it is damped by the n that precedes it.If you were from north england you would understand this.thanks for bringing up this discrepancy anyway, as it has caused this topic to be written about in more detail, which is to the benefit of all who seek info on thai language.pleased to debate about this with you.rsvp.spencer.

I am interested in a translation :

Gu Ti Gu Ya Tha Saa Wae Taa Saa Gu - Gu Gu Ti Saa Tha Ya Gu Saa Taa Wae

or

Gu Gu Ti Gu Gu TiYa Tha Saa Saa Tha Ya - Wae Taa Saa Gu Gu Saa Taa Wae.

It was mentioned above in someone response to the Yant Gao Yord.

Thanks!

as the "gh" in the word though is also silent..but you still write it dont you? so thats why i write the t in yant...because it is there, as is the gh in "through" also.English people tend to drop the t off the end anyway, so writing yant with a t will not make the farang pronounce a t that is silent...it is damped by the n that precedes it.If you were from north england you would understand this.thanks for bringing up this discrepancy anyway, as it has caused this topic to be written about in more detail, which is to the benefit of all who seek info on thai language.pleased to debate about this with you.rsvp.spencer.

You can't compare the English spelling of "thorough" with the Romanised spelling of ยันตร์ or ยันต์ since the first is the correct native spelling, the second a transcription. At any rate there is a standard for transcribing from Thai to Roman, systematised by the Royal Institute, which is the official Roman transcription system for all government documents and highway signage, among other things.

It's called the Royal Thai General System of Transcription (RTGS), and in RTGS ยันตร์/ยันต์ is transcribed as 'yan'. It's more logical, too, since that's the way it's pronounced. Characters marked with the mai karan [์อ์], and other characters that aren't pronounced - such as haw heep ห immediately before consonants (although it does change the tone, the RTGS doesn't transcribe tone) - aren't transcribed in this commonly used system.

Wasn't sure what you meant with regard to /th/ but in RTGS:

ท, ถ, ธ = th

ต = t

Further info at:

Royal Institute

Of course everyone can choose their own transcription system but it can make communication a bit difficult when each person creates and uses their own idiolect.

You are correct in the assumption that you can't post URLs for your own website here. There is a free classified ads section of the forum where you can, however. It doesn't matter whether it's profit or non-profit, it's just a forum rule to prevent spamming without the mods having to check out every single URL to see whether it's commericially oriented or not. The reason TV.com has that policy is so as not to offend sponsors who pay for advertising. Folks can always PM you to get the URL if they want. We do appreciate your respect for forum guidelines!

looking for translation:

Siisa Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae Ongka Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae, Phaata Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae

You might want to try the Thai Language branch of this forum, or else start your own topic in the Buddhism branch.

Also if you can get Thai script it will be a lot easier to translate. Unless you follow a system a lot of us are familiar with - like RTGS - we don't know what the Thai you're trying to translate really is.

looking for translation:

Siisa Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae Ongka Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae, Phaata Puttaa Pha Na Chaayathae

You might want to try the Thai Language branch of this forum, or else start your own topic in the Buddhism branch.

Also if you can get Thai script it will be a lot easier to translate. Unless you follow a system a lot of us are familiar with - like RTGS - we don't know what the Thai you're trying to translate really is.

This is not thai language, it is Pali sanskrit. ibut now you got me thinking about fonts..maybe some-one here on these forums knows how to make fonts. the sanskrit i know is Khmer..but not the modernt khmer alphabet; it is an ancient form of khmer sanskrit.i have the knowledge how to write an d have print examples.but if someone knows how to make fonts for this we could have a new product on the market.believe it or not, there are a multitude who would have a use for this on their pc. Edited by spencerdharmagrafix

looking for translation:

Hi i just got your request on my hotmail.sorry for the delay...siisa puttaa means head of the Buddha; Onka Puttaa means his body (torso) and Phaata puttaa means means the feet of the Buddha. Additionally this is NOT Thai, rather PALI SANSKRIT .this Kaataa (mantra) is used when tattooing the yant known as "Onk Pra" meaning "monk, or Buddha figure" whilst tattooing the head (Siisa in both sanskrit AND Thai) One must chant siisa puttaa.the body "Onka Puttaa" etc.(the word for head in Thai has at least three different words depending if speaking to a king, a monk or anormal person; siisa is used for monks, siarn is the word used for kings and the buddha, and hua for normal people).As to the word Chaayathae, give me a few days to think, as there are some complications. a single word in sanskrit includes Tense; Person, Indication of subjec/object, Case (if locative or passive or active etc) plus many other grammatical knots..i feel i need to consider this a little before i attempt to transcribe it's meaning in context wIth the rest i already translated.Hope i was of help. I know you got this Mantra from my web-site, so keep looking back there as i am always uploading more images and also returning to fotos in the archives and adding more text and descriptions (comments) to each yant.you will be able to get more informed there.I have done all myself till now in a period of one month the website has grown and grown.just over a month ago that site didnt exist.I´m pretty proud, as i have made hundres of entries i think about 600 edits.that considering i tattoo every day till 20:00 then spend the rest on the pc till 00:30.thanks for your interest in this subject.happy to be of help.Spencer.

Where is the temple famous for doing these tattoos, I have been asked by many of my friends but never know exactly where. Somewhere a couple of hours north of Bangkok, I was told.

regarding the small thai script quote on this entry....where is hlwong thaa hliw? i would like some info on this monk if whoever wrote this comment in thai knows.any fotos of him or his yant? i am collecting foto material for my website on this subject.I would be very happy to recieve some info on this monk.Regards,sakyant.

Regarding where wad bang pra is...take a bus from the southern bus terminal (saay thai hmai). get the bus going to nakorn pathom or kaanjanaburii, and tell them you will get off at Saam Yaek Nakorn Chaysrii (Nakorn Chaysrii T junction) get off at this stop, cross over the pedestrian bridge over the highway to the other side of the road and go to the junction .There will be a bus stop and some thuk thuks..if you get the number 12 bus it will cost maybe 10 baht and stop directlay outside the wad.tell them you are going to wad hlwong por phern..as wad bang pra could be one of TWO different temples there...there are two wads with this name within 10 kilometers of each other.So say wad hlwong por phern instead.If you want to take a tuk tuk..100 baht is the normal price.If returning by bus..the last bus from outside the temple is about 5:30 pm.A taxi from bkk's southern bus terminal will take about an hour to get there, and cost about 370 baht with the meter on...all in all this is not expensive as it is 80 kilometers...DONT agree to switch the meter off.cheaper with the thing on.Wad Bang Pra official address;

Wad Bang Pra, thambon Bang Gaew Faa, ampher Nakorn Chaysrii, Janghwad Nakorn Phatom, Thailand.The Temple now has a new Abbott, named Hlwong Por Sam Aang.He is fluent in Pali Sanskrit, and i am happy to say that wad bang pra now does not need to worry if the new abbot can replace the presence of the deceased master, Hlwong Por Phern Tithakunoe Pra Udom Phrachaanaat (Hlwong Por Phern.).hope this was of some help

please help me to get the website known and tell anybody interested, as this is a dying tradition so lets help to keep it alive and kicking.spencer

Dear Spencer.

I respect your interest in such a wierd field of knowledge as tattoos. Despite your site looks very informational, design and navigation are horrible, please do something about it... as well as adds you're trying to push.

and, as ussual, it's a sin to alter ( write scriptures and signs on) the skin, as you might know too. regards.

I#m not sure what the concept of sin is, has that got something to do with guilt?.I find your seal (Icon) rather interesting; is that salomonic , hermetic, or masonic.Seems to have caballistic symbolism with enochian names of archangels on it huh?.Can you tell me something about that ? or is it a masonic thing?I think it might be a sin too though if you are practising enochian magic, as God forbode this kind of practise too, i think, or at least the church did.

Hi,

Well in thailand there is many temple that offer thai religious tatoo. One of the few famous over at the outskirt of Bangkok is ... .... :o forgot the name of the Wat. But I know the previous abbot of this temple name is Lung Phor Bern at the province of Nak Kom Pat Tom. Mmmmm Aournd an hour drive from bangkok. Cost u around 166 Bhts. But the picture might not be that nice compare to Archan.

Archan is another kind of spritual guru other than the thai monk. They are in white colour. They can get married. Most of the Archan are link with white magic, something like the infamous Love Magic.

Some Archan i known of in Thailand who give u beautiful thai traditional spritual tatoo are Archan Noo from Hatyai, Archan Lek from Nak Kom Pat Tom etc.

If u are currently in Thai can always email me for their address... ... anyway I am not a local Thai. I am from Singapore, just that I am very interested in all these thai spritual things and thus get to know a lot of Master and guru over in Thaialnd.

[email protected]

Cheers

Henriot

As to the point raised regarding the propriety of monks involved in sak yan or other tattoo arts: The Vinaya can be interpreted as saying that it's a violation of the monastic precepts to create or to receive sak yan (as a monk). This is one reason why some monks who become interested in practicing the art of sak yan disrobe before they actually become practitioners (eg Ajahn Noo) .

Obviously different wats interpret this point in different ways. The Dept of Religious Affairs in Thailand haven't weighed in on the issue yet, as far as I know, though it could one day come under DRA rulings (as with cigarette smoking recently -- now officially banned in all wats -- though as usual it's up to the abbot to enforce).

monks receiving tattoos

looking for translation:

Hi i just got your request on my hotmail.sorry for the delay...siisa puttaa means head of the Buddha; Onka Puttaa means his body (torso) and Phaata puttaa means means the feet of the Buddha. Additionally this is NOT Thai, rather PALI SANSKRIT .this Kaataa (mantra) is used when tattooing the yant known as "Onk Pra" meaning "monk, or Buddha figure" whilst tattooing the head (Siisa in both sanskrit AND Thai) One must chant siisa puttaa.the body "Onka Puttaa" etc.(the word for head in Thai has at least three different words depending if speaking to a king, a monk or anormal person; siisa is used for monks, siarn is the word used for kings and the buddha, and hua for normal people).As to the word Chaayathae, give me a few days to think, as there are some complications. a single word in sanskrit includes Tense; Person, Indication of subjec/object, Case (if locative or passive or active etc) plus many other grammatical knots..i feel i need to consider this a little before i attempt to transcribe it's meaning in context wIth the rest i already translated.Hope i was of help. I know you got this Mantra from my web-site, so keep looking back there as i am always uploading more images and also returning to fotos in the archives and adding more text and descriptions (comments) to each yant.you will be able to get more informed there.I have done all myself till now in a period of one month the website has grown and grown.just over a month ago that site didnt exist.I´m pretty proud, as i have made hundres of entries i think about 600 edits.that considering i tattoo every day till 20:00 then spend the rest on the pc till 00:30.thanks for your interest in this subject.happy to be of help.Spencer.

adress of the temple;

wad bang pra (Wad Hlwong Por Phern), Thambon Bang Gaew Faa, Ampher Nakorn Chaysrii, Janghwad Nakorn Phatom.

link:- wad bang pra website (Thai Language)

Telephone:- 034389333

e-mail [email protected]

วัดบางพระ (วัดหลวงพ่อเปิ่น) ต.บางแก้วฟ้า อ.นครชัยศร๊ จ.นครปฐม

เบอร์โทร 034389333

hope this is of use to someone.

hello,

I come from Paris, I am a farang women  :D ... I had learned how to know the "sak yan" for 2 years soon. I am accustomed to travelling to Thailand and it is a world very close to me, in the culture and thinking. it is a little my second home.

I learned has to respect the beliefs of the "sak yan". I am attracted for the tatoo ancestral since always. I have to a long time seek mister Nu kamphai, before miss Jolie  ( Master-tattoer in Bangkok), I wrote has all the tattoers inhabitant of Thailand  to find his adress !!!...it was very hard but I arrived there :o . the "sak yan" starts has to be increasingly popular, I have the impression. after Movie "necromancer" and angelina Jolie...

May i ask how do we find mister Nu kamphai?

Try this:

Sak Yan

• 5 months later...
There's a couple of threads on this topic already....use the search function and look for 'tattoo'.

yup, been through various thread, but anyone has a tattoo done at wat bang pra before?

can we request for a tattoo at any time of the year or just during the festival?

or anyone has a tattoo done by aarjan Noo Khanpai(spelling??) I assume it will be much harder to get tattoo done by him as he is soo famous now... anyone any idea?

thanks

hector

There's a couple of threads on this topic already....use the search function and look for 'tattoo'.

yup, been through various thread, but anyone has a tattoo done at wat bang pra before?

can we request for a tattoo at any time of the year or just during the festival?

or anyone has a tattoo done by aarjan Noo Khanpai(spelling??) I assume it will be much harder to get tattoo done by him as he is soo famous now... anyone any idea?

thanks

hector

Realtively easy to arrange at either place, any time of year. Sak yan (yantra tattoos) are cheap at Wat Bang Phra, relatively pricey from Ajahn Noo Kanphai.

Ajahn Noo no longers does ink tattoos himself, only the 'invisible' sesame oil ones. He has four luuk sit (disciples) who do the work now, but he still blesses each and every tattoo. Another thing about Aj Noo (I've been twice recently), he and his crew are becoming more strict about who they tattoo, that is, they give priority to people who genuninely feel they need the sak yan for spiritual reasons.

I realise the Angelina Jolie tattoos Aj Noo did personally last year put everything I just wrote into question; I suppose if you're a celebrity he makes an exception. :o

thanks

hector

Realtively easy to arrange at either place, any time of year. Sak yan (yantra tattoos) are cheap at Wat Bang Phra, relatively pricey from Ajahn Noo Kanphai.

Ajahn Noo no longers does ink tattoos himself, only the 'invisible' sesame oil ones. He has four luuk sit (disciples) who do the work know, but he still blesses each and every tattoo. Another thing about Aj Noo (I've been twice recently), he and his crew are becoming more strict about who they tattoo, that is, they give priority to people who genuninely feel they need the sak yan for spiritual reasons.

I realise the Angelina Jolie tattoos Aj Noo did personally last year put everything I just wrote into question; I suppose if you're a celebrity he makes an exception. :o

Thanks for the info Sabaijai.. I appreciate that man....

thanks

hector

Ajahn Noo no longers does ink tattoos himself, only the 'invisible' sesame oil ones. He has four luuk sit (disciples) who do the work know, but he still blesses each and every tattoo. Another thing about Aj Noo (I've been twice recently), he and his crew are becoming more strict about who they tattoo, that is, they give priority to people who genuninely feel they need the sak yan for spiritual reasons.

Thanks for the info Sabaijai.. I appreciate that man....

glad to help, stone.

Ajahn Noo no longers does ink tattoos himself, only the 'invisible' sesame oil ones

what's an invisible tattoo ?

It's when the tattoo artist needles in the yantra using sesame oil instead of ink. The oil doesn't colour the skin at all but the needling does raise red welts for a day or two. After that the tattoo is 'invisible' but still performing its magic, or so it's believed.

It's mainly women who ask for the oil tattoos but some men ask for them as well. The monks at Wat Bang Phra also do them. They're done on the arms and back, just like ink tattoos, but at Wat Bang Phra I've also seen the monks applying oil tattoos to women's tongues and foreheads, two places you would never normally see an ink sak yan.

Interestingly, the first time I visited Aj Noo's place there were around 10 monks sitting around in the same room. They weren't getting tattoos, not sure why they were there (perhaps they had performed a ritual before I arrived). When I asked if it was OK to take photos, Aj Noo's disciples said it was fine as long as I didn't get any of the monks in the pictures.

is there any things that you cant do after you have the sacred yan done? heard of many things that you cant do after after the yan tattoo...

Depends on the recommendations of the tattoo master and of course the willingness of the tattoo-ee to follow instructions. Aj Noo gives his clients a set of katha to chant every morning. Some masters tell their clients that if they don't follow Buddhism's five precepts closely, their tattoos will lose power as well.

The ramifications for a man's sex life are many-fold. Women generally aren't supposed to touch a man's sak yan (some say it's OK if they request permission first), or position themselves above a man's tattoos (again, for some, advance permission may waive this).

Ajahn Noo no longers does ink tattoos himself, only the 'invisible' sesame oil ones

It's when the tattoo artist needles in the yantra using sesame oil instead of ink. The oil doesn't colour the skin at all but the needling does raise red welts for a day or two. After that the tattoo is 'invisible' but still performing its magic, or so it's believed.

It's mainly women who ask for the oil tattoos but some men ask for them as well. The monks at Wat Bang Phra also do them. They're done on the arms and back, just like ink tattoos, but at Wat Bang Phra I've also seen the monks applying oil tattoos to women's tongues and foreheads, two places you would never normally see an ink sak yan.

Interestingly, the first time I visited Aj Noo's place there were around 10 monks sitting around in the same room. They weren't getting tattoos, not sure why they were there (perhaps they had performed a ritual before I arrived). When I asked if it was OK to take photos, Aj Noo's disciples said it was fine as long as I didn't get any of the monks in the pictures.

for somebody that know's so much to refer to a thai tatoo as "magical" u should kno better then that! no disrespect

hi guys,

I am from Singapore and interested to get a Yan tattoo in Thailand, Heard of Wat Bang Pra and Aarjan Noo Kamphai, but no idea how to carry out my plan.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks for your time and attention

Hector

ALSO STONE COLD IF U WANT ONE WHY ARE TRYING TO GO TO THESE BIG NAME TEMPLES AND NOT A ORDNARY TEMPLE NOT ALL TEMPLES TAT. NOT ALL TEMPLES

"SAK LINE" BUT ALOT DO U DONT HAVE TO GO TO ALL THESE PLACES WHERE TOURIST GO ANY AJAN CAN SAC ALSO DONT DRINK THE NIGHT BEFOREU GO OR THEY WONT DO IT ALSO DOESNT HAVE TO BE A FAMOUS AJAN EITHER WHAT U WANT IS THE TATTO RIGHT?

haha, thanks for the advice first and foremost, but when i try to find out abt sak yant, wat bang phra and arjan Noo are the two famous names that stood out...So it isnt really to decide who to go to in the end...

hi guys,

I am from Singapore and interested to get a Yan tattoo in Thailand, Heard of Wat Bang Pra and Aarjan Noo Kamphai, but no idea how to carry out my plan.

Anyone any idea?

Thanks for your time and attention

Hector

ALSO STONE COLD IF U WANT ONE WHY ARE TRYING TO GO TO THESE BIG NAME TEMPLES AND NOT A ORDNARY TEMPLE NOT ALL TEMPLES TAT. NOT ALL TEMPLES

"SAK LINE" BUT ALOT DO U DONT HAVE TO GO TO ALL THESE PLACES WHERE TOURIST GO ANY AJAN CAN SAC ALSO DONT DRINK THE NIGHT BEFOREU GO OR THEY WONT DO IT ALSO DOESNT HAVE TO BE A FAMOUS AJAN EITHER WHAT U WANT IS THE TATTO RIGHT?

for somebody that know's so much to refer to a thai tatoo as "magical" u should kno better then that! no disrespect

What term would you use, halfbreed?