Buddhist Tattoos

zenbangkok

I know that this has been stated, but please before anyone gets a yant, make sure to understand the rules that go with it and be prepared to live with them. It is said that neglecting this, is to invite chaos into your life.

Here's my yant. I'm planning to continue the back next time I am in Thailand.

wrist.jpg

backyanta.jpg

With the yants, Ajarn Anek gave me the amulet below. I went to a shop to have it encased right away.

amuleta.jpg

amuletb.jpg

The process to apply the tattoo was traditional and the work was freehand after making a frame with a regular pen.

stickingit.jpg

Where was this done ?

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy the Monk.  I googled Ajarn Anek and found this YouTube video

Is that you voracious?  The tattoo was done in Chonburi.  I like the quality of the sanskrit/pali.  Mine is not defined, not that it matters because a monk did it....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry for the slow reply. I haven't logged on this site for a little while.

I got it from Ajarn Anek in Chonburi about 30 minutes out of the tourist area of Pattaya.

His number is 089-822-6515. It's advised to check to see how busy he is before you go. He has a driver if you need one to come and get you. The driver will stop off at a 7-11 to let you pick up the cigarettes and energy drink part of the donation.

I didn't realize how clear my sakyant was until I started looking more at other work.

If you guys haven't found www.sak-yant.com, it's a wonderful resource.

The one at the top of the back is Maha Yant Phra Chao 5 Phra Ong or The Great Script of 5 Buddhas. It is protective in nature.

The sides, I'm told are helpful in business. The one on the wrist is also protective in nature, but different.

I've had two cases where Thai men upon seeing the amulet and my wrist made the same motion, one of the deflected bullet with their finger. One was in Pattaya, the other in California. It's interesting how far that travels and that people recognize it so quickly.

Thanks voracious.  I saw the rules on the sak-yant website and I'm only keeping up with rule 10 because my gf is in Thailand and I'm here is California.  I'd like to get another tattoo like yours but my gf would kill me......but then again, it's way way cool looking and like the paedt tidt, it speaks to me....

i have since returned from Wat Bang Phra and received my Yant Gao Yord and Jip Sii Yord from Arjan Paew two weeks ago. Must say it is a very nice experience. the temple, the abbot and the monks there are a nice lot.

thanks for Sabaijai for providing tips and info and anyone else who shared their experiences...

Glad to hear it worked out, stone. How much do you donate for your sak yan?

sorry for the late reply sabaijai,

the official donation was below 150thb (purchase of offering and donation for the yant), but i decided to donate more than that out of good will.

Hi

I have been researching Sak Yan's and have decided to have one done but as I have found out I think the monk who tattoos you decides which is good for you and where it should be tattooed.

I would like to get one though in the middle of my back and if I do get to choose I would preffer to get either a tiger, Hanuman or turtle Sak Yan

I am trying to find out the meanings for the Tiger and Turtle Sak Yan's and also any other Sak Yan meanings.

So my question is do you know any meanings of any Sak Yan's?

I have found the following...

Choo-chok tattoo's print

An old man with a money's bag on his shoulder, His name is Choo-chok, he is a beggar at first and a millionaire at last. This tattoo's print is good for your business and everyone who want to get richer.

Hanuman Soong-Rith tattoo's print (White Magic's Monkey)

There were many Hanumans' tattoo-prints from No.1 to No. 10 (Most popular and very special are No.8, No.9 and No.10) In Ramayana Indian tale, Hanuman is immortal, lucky in game and lucky in love. If you want to success for life, protect you from any weapons and luckiest in love, choose it!

Kao-Yod tattoo's print ( Nava-Horakoon tattoo's print)

This is a major tattoo's print and may be a 1st tattoo for a new comer. The meaning of Kao-Yod is explained by 9 magic abilities of The Lord Buddha that show you in 9 lines of tattoo's print. This tattoo's print is good for protect you from any weapons.

Rahoo-Om-Jan tattoo's print (Giant and the moon)

From the phenomenon that silhouette on the moon we call Rahoo-Om-Jan. We believe that Rahoo is a giant's master and command all of devil. This tattoo's print will help you live up or change your destiny and against all harmful.

Matchanu (Semi God's monkey and fish)

Matchanu is a son of Hanuman and Suwan-madcha. (Mermaid) This tattoo's print is look like Hanuman but you will see his tail like a mermaid. This tattoo's print is good for fishermen and in every property is same as Hanuman.

Ganesha (Pra-Pikanesha)

Ganesha is a god of wealthy and successes, you can remember him easily with his elephant's head on god body. He is the god that cleverest and he can bless you to pass all suffixes. This tattoo's print is good for artists, actors, singers and technicians or who want wealthy.

Erawan Elephant

Erawan Elephant is a god elephant with three faces. He is more powerful and larger than another elephant in heaven. This tattoo's print is good for the governors who work with workers and good for travelers because it prevent from harmful.

Alligator (Jorakae Tain Kwad)

The symbolic of great Thai Buddhism culture is alligator's flag (Gatint) If you want to be a conquer and receive a mercy from social, This tattoo's print is good for achieve, mercy and lucky.

I have also made a thread in general topics which has been going about a day now which has some good info if anyone is interested. Here's the Link

hello, sa wa dee ca ! i am also trying to find meaings of different sak yan to get on my self and i have not found much. i think the best thing to do is go to a monk and see what they offer. this link sakyant.com.au is popular. i read in another thailand forum from "sabaijai" said the tiger tattoo is for physial power and the sak yan on angelina jolies left shoulder is for good luck and success in one's career. :ohttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...44506&st=25 and is it true that monks decide the tattoo for you ?

Edited by teachmesakyantCA

try emailing Spencer Littlewood, the creater of the website. He's a nice guy. He was near Wat Bang Phra when I received my first Yant. He offered to meet me at the temple and translate for me.

oh wow! i appreciate you replying to me :o may i ask what you got and the rules for your sakyant?, i don't to invade your privacy, i just want to learn the many different sakyant available. i'll be sure to ask spencer littlewood in the near future thanx :D is this spencer little woods email address ©www.sak-yant.com , how long after you email'd spencer littlewood did he reply to you? (so i can plan a journey to thailand at the right time.) you got your sakyant done at Wat Bang Phra i am guessing, is it true the monks choose the sakyant for you? did you catch any diseases from the needles they used for your sakyant (i am a afraid to catch a disease from the needle) :D how do you know which sakyant to choose for your self because there must be so many unknown to first timers like myself. i am a female so will monks tattoo me? why didn't you choose to get a sakyant from a big name like ajarn noo, i am thinking about the different powers monks and big names like ajarn noo have, like which one would be the best master to choose.

I just looked at his website and a cell number is listed, but not an email address.  I would suggest signing the guest book and leave a note there for him OR call him on his cell.  

Yes, a monk gave me a yant.  I was the only foreigner there.  I had a translator (my girlfriend).  It was very painful, but then again, it was my first tattoo.  I was a little concerned about diseases; however, I noted that the monks soaked the needles in alcohol.  If you want, you can also bring your own alcohol for them to clean it in.  

The monk will chose a tattoo for you if you don't choose one; however, I was drawn to Paedt tidt (see attached picture).  I didn't know what it meant until later, but I was just drawn to it.  Before I saw this tattoo, I was going to let a monk choose, but after I saw it, I knew it was the one.  Even if you don't get a tattoo at Wat Bang Phra, it might be worth a trip to see the people get tattooed and they have the tattoos they give on a scroll on the wall.  I just checked out Spencer's website and saw one that I liked.  It has to speak to you since there is no erasing it.  With that said, I am not sure if the monk will tattoo you with ink; however, I would chat with Spencer first.  He himself is a practitioner of the yant tattoos.  Perhaps he can tattoo you, plus he is more accessible than the temple.  I had to pay 1600 baht to rent a car for the day while Spencer is accessible by skytrain then taxi.

I chose to go to the temple because I wanted the experience. Not to mention the cost (about 6USD).  I love the symbolism and history of the yant tattoos.  I wanted to experience the ritual at a temple in receiving one.  I also didn't go to famous practitioners because I am a firm believer that we are the makers of our destiny/karma.  Reading a book on buddhism, it said that no one can help us get to where we need to be and no one can intercede on our behalf to help us reach that happy place.  I believe more in Karma that I do in the magic of the tattoo, but that's not to say I don't respect it.  I wear it with pride.

Are you in California?  I see the CA by your name.  I'm in San Francisco

Check out the other thread in this forum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51445

post-55922-1206927143_thumb.jpg

I just looked at his website and a cell number is listed, but not an email address. I would suggest signing the guest book and leave a note there for him OR call him on his cell.

Yes, a monk gave me a yant. I was the only foreigner there. I had a translator (my girlfriend). It was very painful, but then again, it was my first tattoo. I was a little concerned about diseases; however, I noted that the monks soaked the needles in alcohol. If you want, you can also bring your own alcohol for them to clean it in.

The monk will chose a tattoo for you if you don't choose one; however, I was drawn to Paedt tidt (see attached picture). I didn't know what it meant until later, but I was just drawn to it. Before I saw this tattoo, I was going to let a monk choose, but after I saw it, I knew it was the one. Even if you don't get a tattoo at Wat Bang Phra, it might be worth a trip to see the people get tattooed and they have the tattoos they give on a scroll on the wall. I just checked out Spencer's website and saw one that I liked. It has to speak to you since there is no erasing it. With that said, I am not sure if the monk will tattoo you with ink; however, I would chat with Spencer first. He himself is a practitioner of the yant tattoos. Perhaps he can tattoo you, plus he is more accessible than the temple. I had to pay 1600 baht to rent a car for the day while Spencer is accessible by skytrain then taxi.

I chose to go to the temple because I wanted the experience. Not to mention the cost (about 6USD). I love the symbolism and history of the yant tattoos. I wanted to experience the ritual at a temple in receiving one. I also didn't go to famous practitioners because I am a firm believer that we are the makers of our destiny/karma. Reading a book on buddhism, it said that no one can help us get to where we need to be and no one can intercede on our behalf to help us reach that happy place. I believe more in Karma that I do in the magic of the tattoo, but that's not to say I don't respect it. I wear it with pride.

Are you in California? I see the CA by your name. I'm in San Francisco

Check out the other thread in this forum http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=51445

hey! i'm in australia, i have never been to america. the CA stands for being polite like males say crup and girs say ca, you're girlfriend will know what i'm talking about. my mother is thai & father english scottish so the i have been exposed to the side of thialand's magic, and yes karma is real and more impotantly you're tattoo' magic is real too wether you believe it or not. whatever your tattoo is designed to do it will happen because it is magic, spells, chanting whatever people call it. this will also e my first tattoo! :o

hey i read in another one of your quotes that your sakyant talks to you, what happens, what is your sakyant for? so i am going to thailand in one week and i'll be in phuket so i won't have the chance to get a sakyant yet, although some time late this year i hopefully will have made my choice to do it

[excessive emoticons deleted]

I was a little concerned about diseases; however, I noted that the monks soaked the needles in alcohol. If you want, you can also bring your own alcohol for them to clean it in.

Not sure soaking in alcohol is sufficiently safe. Some places use a fresh needle for each client, and discard afterwards. Of course even then the new needle should be sterilised first.

Also it's best to bring your own tattoo ink in a sealed bottle.

regarding the needles, they are not needles in the traditional sense like tattoo parlors use, it's more like a dipping pen (i.e. two pieces of stainless steel that only touch at the point.  the gap between the two pieces of steel hold the ink).  If it was a normal needle, I would not have gotten a tattoo without having them use a new one......

teachmesakyantCA, I was just surfing the web looking for different types of Yants.  I saw the one on my back I liked it.  After doing more research, I couldn't get it out of my mind.  It looked perfect to me.  It "spoke to me" in the sense that I was fixated on it.  After deciding upon it, I saw a page on the sak-yant.com website that described the meaning of the tattoo.  It basically represents the buddhist universe.  Within the buddhist universe there are eight directions one can travel and there are eight buddhas around the circle/universe. Each buddha has a certain script/mantra to protect the traveller no matter which direction he/she travels.  Very profound.  After reading that, I knew it was for me.  What is life but a journey both physically (experiencing different cultures) and spiritually (the inner journey to find one's self).  How's that for a story?

One thing to keep in mind that the force used by the practitioner to mark you is not consistent since it's manually done so the pain will be from tolerable :D  to excruciating :o ...just remember to take deep breaths....

Good luck with the tattoo later on this year :D:D .  I like the tattoo voracious received in that other link.  That guy is near pattaya and since it's not temple you may have more luck getting an ink tattoo; though I'm not sure how much he charges.....

Sabaijai i have read in your comment on the angelina jolie forum that her tiger sak yant is for giving her physical strength, but is that same with all zodiac animals or are they all different like because the monkey is smart te monkey sak yant will give her brain power ?

regarding the needles, they are not needles in the traditional sense like tattoo parlors use, it's more like a dipping pen (i.e. two pieces of stainless steel that only touch at the point. the gap between the two pieces of steel hold the ink). If it was a normal needle, I would not have gotten a tattoo without having them use a new one......

teachmesakyantCA, I was just surfing the web looking for different types of Yants. I saw the one on my back I liked it. After doing more research, I couldn't get it out of my mind. It looked perfect to me. It "spoke to me" in the sense that I was fixated on it. After deciding upon it, I saw a page on the sak-yant.com website that described the meaning of the tattoo. It basically represents the buddhist universe. Within the buddhist universe there are eight directions one can travel and there are eight buddhas around the circle/universe. Each buddha has a certain script/mantra to protect the traveller no matter which direction he/she travels. Very profound. After reading that, I knew it was for me. What is life but a journey both physically (experiencing different cultures) and spiritually (the inner journey to find one's self). How's that for a story?

One thing to keep in mind that the force used by the practitioner to mark you is not consistent since it's manually done so the pain will be from tolerable :D to excruciating :o ...just remember to take deep breaths....

Good luck with the tattoo later on this year :D:D . I like the tattoo voracious received in that other link. That guy is near pattaya and since it's not temple you may have more luck getting an ink tattoo; though I'm not sure how much he charges.....

Stylus is the technical term. Some traditional artists - eg, Aj Noo and his assistants - use a fresh new one each time.

Sabaijai i have read in your comment on the angelina jolie forum that her tiger sak yant is for giving her physical strength, but is that same with all zodiac animals or are they all different like because the monkey is smart te monkey sak yant will give her brain power ?

Each animal is different, and they're not limited to zodiac-related creatures either. The crocodile evokes/invokes metta (loving kindness), while the gecko can evoke wealth or sexual union (depending on posture), for example. It's a vast subject, and not all sak yan masters view the motifs in exactly the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Can anyone tell where I can find Arjan Noo? Also, can anyone advise what his tattoo rates are?

I had this web address http://www.arjannoo.com/ but the link has gone dead now.

Thanks

Steve

Ajarn Noo - as noted he no longer tattoo's himself and the prices are off the wall.

95/5 MOO.1 Tumbol Bangkayang

Ampur Muang, Patumtani

Thailand 12000

Tel.0-2975-2799 - Mobile.0-1363-1252 , 0-9144-9456

หน้านี้มีเป็น2ภาษาคือไทยและองกถษ สำนักสักยันต์ อาจารย์หนู กันภัย 95/5 หมู่ที่ 1 ตำบลบางขะแยง

อำเภอเมือง จังหวัด ปทุมธานี 12000

โทร 0-2975-2799 มือถือ 0-1363-1252 , 0-9144-9456

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi

I have been researching Sak Yan's and have decided to have one done but as I have found out I think the monk who tattoos you decides which is good for you and where it should be tattooed.

I would like to get one though in the middle of my back and if I do get to choose I would preffer to get either a tiger, Hanuman or turtle Sak Yan

I am trying to find out the meanings for the Tiger and Turtle Sak Yan's and also any other Sak Yan meanings.

So my question is do you know any meanings of any Sak Yan's?

I have found the following...

Choo-chok tattoo's print

An old man with a money's bag on his shoulder, His name is Choo-chok, he is a beggar at first and a millionaire at last. This tattoo's print is good for your business and everyone who want to get richer.

Hanuman Soong-Rith tattoo's print (White Magic's Monkey)

There were many Hanumans' tattoo-prints from No.1 to No. 10 (Most popular and very special are No.8, No.9 and No.10) In Ramayana Indian tale, Hanuman is immortal, lucky in game and lucky in love. If you want to success for life, protect you from any weapons and luckiest in love, choose it!

Kao-Yod tattoo's print ( Nava-Horakoon tattoo's print)

This is a major tattoo's print and may be a 1st tattoo for a new comer. The meaning of Kao-Yod is explained by 9 magic abilities of The Lord Buddha that show you in 9 lines of tattoo's print. This tattoo's print is good for protect you from any weapons.

Rahoo-Om-Jan tattoo's print (Giant and the moon)

From the phenomenon that silhouette on the moon we call Rahoo-Om-Jan. We believe that Rahoo is a giant's master and command all of devil. This tattoo's print will help you live up or change your destiny and against all harmful.

Matchanu (Semi God's monkey and fish)

Matchanu is a son of Hanuman and Suwan-madcha. (Mermaid) This tattoo's print is look like Hanuman but you will see his tail like a mermaid. This tattoo's print is good for fishermen and in every property is same as Hanuman.

Ganesha (Pra-Pikanesha)

Ganesha is a god of wealthy and successes, you can remember him easily with his elephant's head on god body. He is the god that cleverest and he can bless you to pass all suffixes. This tattoo's print is good for artists, actors, singers and technicians or who want wealthy.

Erawan Elephant

Erawan Elephant is a god elephant with three faces. He is more powerful and larger than another elephant in heaven. This tattoo's print is good for the governors who work with workers and good for travelers because it prevent from harmful.

Alligator (Jorakae Tain Kwad)

The symbolic of great Thai Buddhism culture is alligator's flag (Gatint) If you want to be a conquer and receive a mercy from social, This tattoo's print is good for achieve, mercy and lucky.

I have also made a thread in general topics which has been going about a day now which has some good info if anyone is interested. Here's the Link

hello, sa wa dee ca ! i am also trying to find meaings of different sak yan to get on my self and i have not found much. i think the best thing to do is go to a monk and see what they offer. this link sakyant.com.au is popular. i read in another thailand forum from "sabaijai" said the tiger tattoo is for physial power and the sak yan on angelina jolies left shoulder is for good luck and success in one's career. :ohttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...44506&st=25 and is it true that monks decide the tattoo for you ?

to tell you the truth monks do make women too but in fact it is against the vinaya (พระธรรมวินัย) so i would recommend you to go to Por Gae Ruesi Tha fai (ajarn Thoy) at wat tong nai temple in bangkok on soi awn nut 25 - he is a ruesi not a monk which permits him to touch a woman.. i persona;lly find it ok that monks at wbp temple tattoo women but in fact they are comitting abhati อาบัติ (transgression of the rules of monkdom) of the type "Phaaraachik" meaning you have to leave the monkdom

Thailand is suffering a massive problem in Buddhism with many ordained members of the clergy behaving outsdide of the rules of the vinaya

simply the practide of any occult methods is abhati - causing blood to flow from a human or living being is abhati

i recommend the Ruesi or another brahmin or layman such as ajarn gaew in bang sue bkk

i dont recommend ajarn noo ganpai as he takes up to 30 thousand baht from farang for a simple gao yord tattoo whereas others take a hundred or so baht..the hygiene is the same wherever you go ..except for at por gaes because i have an autoclave sterilizer there which if you make an appointment before then it can be arranged to sterilize the tip (needle) for you and bag it in a sterile bag.

in the case of a sterile private appointment before he opens the office the tattoo would be more expensive..a gao yord for example might cost 1000, a big tiger on the chest maybe 2 and a half.

fo it in the normal way no hygiene then the tiger maybe 1000 and the gao yord 99 baht

Edited by spencerdharmagrafix

regarding the needles, they are not needles in the traditional sense like tattoo parlors use, it's more like a dipping pen (i.e. two pieces of stainless steel that only touch at the point. the gap between the two pieces of steel hold the ink). If it was a normal needle, I would not have gotten a tattoo without having them use a new one......

teachmesakyantCA, I was just surfing the web looking for different types of Yants. I saw the one on my back I liked it. After doing more research, I couldn't get it out of my mind. It looked perfect to me. It "spoke to me" in the sense that I was fixated on it. After deciding upon it, I saw a page on the sak-yant.com website that described the meaning of the tattoo. It basically represents the buddhist universe. Within the buddhist universe there are eight directions one can travel and there are eight buddhas around the circle/universe. Each buddha has a certain script/mantra to protect the traveller no matter which direction he/she travels. Very profound. After reading that, I knew it was for me. What is life but a journey both physically (experiencing different cultures) and spiritually (the inner journey to find one's self). How's that for a story?

One thing to keep in mind that the force used by the practitioner to mark you is not consistent since it's manually done so the pain will be from tolerable :D to excruciating :o ...just remember to take deep breaths....

Good luck with the tattoo later on this year :D:D . I like the tattoo voracious received in that other link. That guy is near pattaya and since it's not temple you may have more luck getting an ink tattoo; though I'm not sure how much he charges.....

Stylus is the technical term. Some traditional artists - eg, Aj Noo and his assistants - use a fresh new one each time.

At best they will use a tattoo staff 'khem sak yann' that was soaking in alcohol.

The traditional tattoo needles are very different than what are used in tattoo shops.

I recently visited Ajan Noo's and saw nothing of disposable needles being used.

i dont recommend ajarn noo ganpai as he takes up to 30 thousand baht from farang for a simple gao yord tattoo whereas others take a hundred or so baht..the hygiene is the same wherever you go ..

I was quoted 30,000 baht for a dragon design at ajarn noo's by one of his assistants, the fat dumpy guy who seems to do most of Noo's work these days.

Was ready to leave after buying a 'paa yaan' that they tried to over charge me for when Ajarn Noo came out of the back gave me the Thai price for 'paa yann' and asked if I wanted to get tattooed and offered me a discount if I wanted , needless to say the karma at that point was way off.

At best they will use a tattoo staff 'khem sak yann' that was soaking in alcohol.

The traditional tattoo needles are very different than what are used in tattoo shops.

I recently visited Ajan Noo's and saw nothing of disposable needles being used.

Funny, I've been four times and seen the needles disposed of each time.

Funny, I've been four times and seen the needles disposed of each time.

What needles are you talking about ?

The large tattoo sticks are not disposed of each time.

Nor do they let you bring your own sealed bottle of ink , as the ink is a magic brew that is a big part of the yaan's magic.

post-41573-1210546724_thumb.jpg

post-41573-1210547064_thumb.jpg

Edited by JimmyTheMook

I interviewed Aj Noo and his disciples in depth for a video documentary project. I've also taken a couple of friends who were hardcore tattoo aficionados to have work done there.

Each time I was shown small boxes of interchangeable needles, and in the cases where my friends had work done, that's what they used.

They do let you bring your own ink; Angelina Jolie, for example, brought her own. Aj Noo and crew attach more importance to the designs themselves and the empowering rituals than the ink. His operation is the most hygienic of any I've seen in Thailand, and I've been to Wat Bang Phra as well as many less known temples that do sak yan.

Yes he is very expensive, yet still has 100s of Thais lining up on weekends to get tattoos there. The price is much lower for Thais, and for farangs who speak Thai fluently. Aj Noo offered to do any work I wanted for 10,000 baht, plus a haa thaew for free.

I know there are many monks and laymen who do the work for 99 baht, etc, and the work can be very fine indeed. There's a Hmong in Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai Province, who does the best work I've ever seen (from an aesthetic view), for 99 baht plus flowers and incense. IMHO any chang sak that charges more than that is in for the money, and that includes both Aj Noo and Po Kae.

'sabaijai'
Each time I was shown small boxes of interchangeable needles, and in the cases where my friends had work done, that's what they used.

interchangeable needle tips that were taken off and sterilized ? or small sewing type needles taped to the larger staff? as I have seen the latter being used by some Ajarn's before but did not see his Luk Sit's using these.

Could it be for the folks paying the big bucks who are aware of the hygiene issues.

What kind of prices did your friends pay for their tattoo's ?

They do let you bring your own ink; Angelina Jolie, for example, brought her own. Aj Noo and crew attach more importance to the designs themselves and the empowering rituals than the ink.

He puts more importance on how much cash he can extract from his customers.

His operation is the most hygienic of any I've seen in Thailand, and I've been to Wat Bang Phra as well as many less known temples that do sak yan.

I have been tattooed at Wat Bang Phra as well as a few other places and hygiene is an issue.

Yes he is very expensive, yet still has 100s of Thais lining up on weekends to get tattoos there. The price is much lower for Thais, and for farangs who speak Thai fluently. Aj Noo offered to do any work I wanted for 10,000 baht, plus a haa thaew for free.

He does charge much less for Thai's but is still way more than any other Ajarn and your point about being able to speak Thai is probably why I was offered a discount by him after I turned down the 30,000 baht price tag I was offered by his Luk Sit. In fact Ajarn Noo did not mention a price to me and said I could 'tambon' as it is traditionaly done.

The karma was gone so I left with my Paa Yaan that I have since framed and it now hangs over the doorway to my sons room.

There's a Hmong in Mae Taeng, Chiang Mai Province, who does the best work I've ever seen (from an aesthetic view), for 99 baht plus flowers and incense.

How do I find this person ?

If his work is that good I will go and see him.

I have had work done by Ajarn Gup from Ayutthya who does very fine lined detailed work.

IMHO any chang sak that charges more than that is in for the money, and that includes both Aj Noo and Po Kae.

I totally agree as do many Thai's that I speak to about it, but the guy is great success simply by looking at all the pics of the celebrities he has tatooed displayed around his place.

post-41573-1210572308_thumb.jpg