Looking For Buddhist Prayer/mantra Recordings Online

spectrum

Firstly, I am not sure which are the most commonly used mantras here. I understand that one is known as the Morning Prayer, or similar, in English. Is this the same as the Triple Gems? Another commonly used one seems to be a mantra for health, "Om namo ...". Others?

I have some recordings on CD to which I like to listen. I would like to begin to explore the meanings a little more than I am currently able, as well as to "hear" the words more easily.

Can any of you help me find some (free) recordings of the more common mantras/prayers which are accompanied by transliterated Pali/Thai and translation into English?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Edited by spectrum

Hi,

If you are looking for Buddhism, I suggest you look at this site, Soka Gakkai International (SGI), we chant, "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo", you can find there also a mp3 of the chant.

There are members in Thailand,

otherwise there is a forum, SGI Thailand Forum

The SGI is a great place to learn how Buddhism can be applied to modern life. If you want to know more please let me know, and check the forum as well. I hope this helps, all the best.

Firstly, I am not sure which are the most commonly used mantras here. I understand that one is known as the Morning Prayer, or similar, in English. Is this the same as the Triple Gems? Another commonly used one seems to be a mantra for health, "Om namo ...". Others?

I have some recordings on CD to which I like to listen. I would like to begin to explore the meanings a little more than I am currently able, as well as to "hear" the words more easily.

Can any of you help me find some (free) recordings of the more common mantras/prayers which are accompanied by transliterated Pali/Thai and translation into English?

With regard to the Morning Prayer, etc, there is a short blog in Pali, Thai and English here: http://paliinthaiscript.blogspot.com/ (no recordings there though).

Pls note that Theravada Bhuddism does not use mantras in the sense you seem them to understand.

Try this one Pali Chants

Also, simply Google "Pali Chants" or "Pali Chanting" and you will get many results.

Thanks, Groongthep.

Part of the difficulty has indeed been not being able to establish exactly what I am listening to, in order to make a productive Google search in English.

You can download a couple different versions of the "Great Compassion Mantra" which are very pleasant & seem to be well known/popular as well.

http://fortuneangel.com/GuanYin/MyMusic.htm

Thanks, voracious. (Interesting user name in a Buddhist forum :o)

You are all helping me put together some of the pieces of this "puzzle". I have matched some sections on my recordings to transliterations now. There seem to be a multitude of variations, though -- is that right ? I wish I had more time to spend on this.

Interesting and always enjoy listening even when I don't understand ...