!help! Confused About Thai Visa

I only have single entry tourist visa witch I get in Vientiane. Now I have used 60 + 30 days 2/3 2009, now my question is; can I go back to Laos and get double entry visa in Embassy`???????

I did enter Thailand from Sweden with normal 30 arrival days. So totally I have stayed in Thailand 4 month now.

I did the mistake to not take a double entry the first time, if I hade double entry now I only needed to run out and in for 60 new days. But now it is not like that because of my dam_n single entry :D .

So what will happen now, what chooses do I have to stay longer, is there are any chooses ore maybe I just can get 15 ore 30 days and then must leave Thailand

I have really trayde to finde out answer everywhere on net but without result, infact that more i read that more confused i bee.

Does anyone have a good answer? :o

You can just go to viantianne and get a double entry tourist visa without any problem. A tourist visa can be extended by 30 days for 1,900 baht at immigration.

The so called 90 day rule does not longer exists and didn't apply in combination with a visa anyway.

You can just go to viantianne and get a double entry tourist visa without any problem. A tourist visa can be extended by 30 days for 1,900 baht at immigration.

The so called 90 day rule does not longer exists and didn't apply in combination with a visa anyway.

Yes. No problem. This would give almost 6 months.

Yes. No problem. This would give almost 6 months.

------

I only have single entry tourist visa witch I get in Vientiane. Now I have used 60 + 30 days 2/3 2009, now my question is; can I go back to Laos and get double entry visa in Embassy`???????

I did enter Thailand from Sweden with normal 30 arrival days. So totally I have stayed in Thailand 4 month now.

I did the mistake to not take a double entry the first time, if I hade double entry now I only needed to run out and in for 60 new days. But now it is not like that because of my dam_n single entry :D .

So what will happen now, what chooses do I have to stay longer, is there are any chooses ore maybe I just can get 15 ore 30 days and then must leave Thailand

[/color]

I have really trayde to finde out answer everywhere on net but without result, infact that more i read that more confused i bee.

Does anyone have a good answer? :o

OK..so now that you have your question answered,i am also a tad confused!!....

I have a double entry from Laos that i am about to renew so as to get a third month here..

SO...After he third month, if i want to stay another 3 months, DO I....

A. Simply leave and re-enter again to get another 60 days?? and if so,...

B. Can i only go back to Laos to renew??

Im sorry if this sounds a silly question, but i was presuming i just had to repeat the exact same process as i did to get the first double, ie...go to Laos,submit application,photos, pay at Vientiane,pick up next day.come back in ect ect..

The posts ive seen lately seem to imply that a double entry means some magic formula to get 6 months here..whereas i assumed a "double entry" visa referred to having been granted two months instead of the standard one month tourist..

Im a newbie as you can guess ...SO Am i missing something here??

Hi Ozzieovaseas, we are both newbie... :D

You have an easy way in front of you!

You only need to go to any border closed to you and get a stamp from other side of the border, and then just return back to Thailand and your next 60 days period is activated.

After your next 60 days period is ended you pay like before in emigration for 30 days more.

So this time you don’t need to visit any embassy and do the same process you did in Laos. (LUCKY YOU)

SO NOW YOU CAN JUST RELAX AND IN JOY 3 MONTH MORE :o

I wish I was you and have the double entry and not my single entry (was a big mistake of me to not react when only need to pay 1000Bth) That time I just think ..upps cheap price for double entry.

If you are in south (Phuket) you can visit Burma border / BKK ore Pattaya Cambodia border / Chiang Mai ore north Laos border again ……If you go to Cambodia border maybe you should choose a smaller border point and not Pol Pet Border !

OK..so now that you have your question answered,i am also a tad confused!!....

I have a double entry from Laos that i am about to renew so as to get a third month here..

SO...After he third month, if i want to stay another 3 months, DO I....

A. Simply leave and re-enter again to get another 60 days?? and if so,...

B. Can i only go back to Laos to renew??

Im sorry if this sounds a silly question, but i was presuming i just had to repeat the exact same process as i did to get the first double, ie...go to Laos,submit application,photos, pay at Vientiane,pick up next day.come back in ect ect..

The posts ive seen lately seem to imply that a double entry means some magic formula to get 6 months here..whereas i assumed a "double entry" visa referred to having been granted two months instead of the standard one month tourist..

Im a newbie as you can guess ...SO Am i missing something here??

The terminology "renew" is a bit confusing - visas cannot be renewed. Once you have entered Thailand, your authorised period of stay can be extended depending on the visa type, but the visa itself is only ever valid for entry before the "Valid Before" date shown when it is issued. This date cannot be "renewed" or extended.

If you had a double-entry Tourist visa from Laos, it would have allowed you a total of 180 days in Thailand. The period of stay on the first entry would have been for 60 days, extensible at any Immigration Office in Thailand for a further 30 days (cost = THB 1,900). Then, as long as you did so before the "Valid Before" date on your visa, you could have crossed any border and returned on the second entry, also valid for 60 days and also extensible for a further 30 days. Total 180 days (or a few days less depending on your "Valid Before" date).

So the answer to your question is "A" if and only if:

1) your tourist visa is a double entry and you have only used one entry, AND

2) it has not yet reached it's "Valid Before" date.

If 1) or 2) is not true, then you need leave Thailand on or before the "permitted to stay" date stamped in your passport at Immigration when you got your last 30 day extension. You don't have to go to Laos, although the embassy in Vientienne is arguably the most reliable in the region for issuing double-entry tourist visas. Many other embassies/consulates will only issue them in limited circumstances or not at all.

Laos ore Penang here I come

You will not get a Double in Penang.

I have read that some one say no double visa in Penang (only single entry) and some also say no double visa in Laos (only single entry) ??? I don’t now if that words is only for confuse people what to do !? Mostly people saying you can get double in both place but easier handling in Penang …

I have read that some one say no double visa in Penang (only single entry) and some also say no double visa in Laos (only single entry) ??? I don't now if that words is only for confuse people what to do !? Mostly people saying you can get double in both place but easier handling in Penang …

Aren't you confusing Penang with Penom Phen?

I have read that some one say no double visa in Penang (only single entry) and some also say no double visa in Laos (only single entry) ??? I don't now if that words is only for confuse people what to do !? Mostly people saying you can get double in both place but easier handling in Penang …

Aren't you confusing Penang with Penom Phen?

Don’t like Penom Phen ore Cambodia…..If I have chooses I stay out from Cambodia!

Yes I do….I think the price will be almost the same totally for visit Penang (maybe little more expensive because of flight) but I think easier and faster ….not so much people. I did speak with some friends today, they visit Penang 3 weeks ago and they get double entry visa same day, fast handling at the Consulate in Penang.

I did really like Laos, peaceful place.........

Thanks for the advice guys,thats definately cleared things up for me.

Glad to know i dont have to go to Laos and start the whole process again. SO might just opt for the visa run bus to cambodia.

It makes you wonder though..with tourism going down the gurglar here, why you have to do these land trips all the time to spend your money in this country.It seems a pointless amount of travel not to menion waste of resources,fuel, bus, and time, when i would have been happy to spend that money at a hotel..massages,food ect

I suppose ill spend again on the above anyway