Nan Immigration Office For Phetchabun Residents

WeeGB

HI Guys

good luck with your next trip to Nan Owen, hi Phuts long time no see, it wasn't 7K mate it was 3, visit took about 3 hours all very professional, police Lt and 3 S Majors and a driver. They went through our wedding albums, who's this who's that? Asked me the names of our 4 dogs and cat. Likewise 2 depositions by family and also asked the neighbours about us.

Hopefully will get to see you for some golf in April Rock

• 1 month later...

Did anything ever happen about an immigration office in Phetchabun yet? I need to get an extension for my Non-O (retirement) which is valid until May 15th.

I used to live in Pattaya and did it at Jomtien without any trouble at all but have been living permanently here in Phetchabun, Ampur Nong Phai, for the last couple of years. In fact I screwed up last year and stayed too long on a trip to the UK and had to get a new multiple entry non-immigrant O to come back with. The Thai consulate said they couldn't extend it and that I should just get a new visa and extend it again.

Never been to Nan yet and I wonder if they are better at it now. For example I have always made sure to have at least 800k in my Thai bank but have only recently topped it up from a Sterling account (I held off in the forlorn hope that things would improve, but that's another gripe) because the exchange rate has been so poor for the past couple of years.

So, do they insist that the money must have been in my account for a minimum of three months? I have had an account with the Krung Thai bank for seven years and have several annual extensions in my current passport already.

Any updated information or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks.

There is no immigration office in Petchabun, but you now have to report to the immigration office in Pitsanoluk.

Yes, the rule is that the money will be there for 3 months, as the official rule is. If you make use of the combined method (yearly income and money in the bank together totaling 800,00) there is no need to season the money at all.

Edit:

link to map of immigration office: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...amp;t=h&z=6

• 2 weeks later...

The Op has asked this topic to be closed, as this to avoid confusion about which immigration office residents of Petchabun have to report to. As that is now Phitsanulok and no longer Nan, this thread no longer serves a purpose and is now closed.