Sri Audio At 202/8 Phatanakarn?

Upcountry

I'm thinking about taking my old turntables, that did not get fixed by Mr. Balance's technician on the 5th floor of Phantip, to a repair technician at "SRI Audio".

The reason is, KS World, which used to be a local Thorens dealer, recommended a technician named Nikorn. When my wife called him, she found out he works at a store called SRI Audio, or something like that, on Phatanakarn Rd. I can't find anything about this store on the web.

He said he wants 2200 Baht just to look at and adjust settings on one turntable, so his prices seem to be part of a "Bangkok audio cartel", similar the cab mafia around Baiyoke Tower.

Having been ripped of by Mr. Balance, I am nervous about trusting my machines to this man, even though he has one Thorens in the shop and was recommended by KS World.

So, I hope someone can share their experience with this repair man and shop.

Thanks!

UC

Guest Reimar
I'm thinking about taking my old turntables, that did not get fixed by Mr. Balance's technician on the 5th floor of Phantip, to a repair technician at "SRI Audio".

The reason is, KS World, which used to be a local Thorens dealer, recommended a technician named Nikorn. When my wife called him, she found out he works at a store called SRI Audio, or something like that, on Phatanakarn Rd. I can't find anything about this store on the web.

He said he wants 2200 Baht just to look at and adjust settings on one turntable, so his prices seem to be part of a "Bangkok audio cartel", similar the cab mafia around Baiyoke Tower.

Having been ripped of by Mr. Balance, I am nervous about trusting my machines to this man, even though he has one Thorens in the shop and was recommended by KS World.

So, I hope someone can share their experience with this repair man and shop.

Thanks!

UC

At the IT Mall Fortune Town are a few shops dealing and repairing with turntables. They are on the 3. and 4. floor

If you like to go there, you can find tham in app. the middle between the Hotel and Lotus.

Good luck.

Cheers.