Penalty For Late Vat Filing Report

shotover

I understand the late penalty for late VAT filing is as follows:

"Although the penalty for late VAT filing is twice the amount of the VAT payable, a ministerial regulation authorizes significant reductions in this penalty at the discretion of the Revenue Department officials. Under this regulation, the penalty can be reduced to 2 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made within 15 days; 5 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made more than 15 but not later than 30 days after the deadline; 10 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made more than 30 but not later than 60 days after the deadline; and 20 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made more than 60 days after the deadline."

I also understand the Thai Revenue Department will assess penalties if you fail to file monthly even when you have zero income, and have no VAT tax receipts.

However, I have been unable to find a reference showing what the penalty amounts would be for failing to file zero income reports on time.

Does anyone know what the penalties would be for failing to file zero income reports on time?

Thanks

I understand the late penalty for late VAT filing is as follows:

"Although the penalty for late VAT filing is twice the amount of the VAT payable, a ministerial regulation authorizes significant reductions in this penalty at the discretion of the Revenue Department officials. Under this regulation, the penalty can be reduced to 2 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made within 15 days; 5 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made more than 15 but not later than 30 days after the deadline; 10 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made more than 30 but not later than 60 days after the deadline; and 20 percent of the penalty amount if payment is made more than 60 days after the deadline."

I also understand the Thai Revenue Department will assess penalties if you fail to file monthly even when you have zero income, and have no VAT tax receipts.

However, I have been unable to find a reference showing what the penalty amounts would be for failing to file zero income reports on time.

Does anyone know what the penalties would be for failing to file zero income reports on time?

Thanks

Not an expert here, but from what I vaguely remember, it was like 500 baht per month of failure to file... or something like that; in a case somehow related (although not directly) to a company I was working for in the past. Again, I can't confirm if this was actually the case, and what the exact conditions were if at all; or if it was a 'compromise' of some sort at the officer's discretion.

Edited by junkofdavid2

• 3 weeks later...