What Exactly Is A "gik"?

dudeyone

A fuc_k-buddy, yes. So much is true. But you still have to shell out the baht.. :o

So true! From what I have experienced it's a lot of wedge too!!!

New phones, new clothes, new shoes it's easier to visit a goldfish bowl!!

Not true at all. That is not a gik.

More like a hooker.

A gik isn't like a gf relationship. All my giks are more like friends. Difference is we just fuc_k a lot.

There are no gifts or money.

If you have to buy her a bunch of shit to fuc_k her then it isn't a gik. She is a hooker or a gold digger.

I guess we all agree that you know your way around the hookers.

The fact is that a Gik is given a "gift" once in a while.

It is expected that a "boyfriend" gives something once in a while.

Most of my friends have Giks, and absolutely all of them confirmed what I wrote here.

They do indeed buy their Giks a gift once in a while, and give them "money for taxi" sometimes too.

When Giks Go Bad . . . just kidding. laugh.gif

I usually expect to pay for dinner and drinks as a matter of good form, although sometimes they won't let me. There was a time when I was broke and luckily had a Gik who refused to let me pay for a thing while spending time with her until I stopped being broke. I've never been made to feel like I should be buying them gifts, much less hand over cash. This is not to say that gifts are not appreciated by giks, just as they are by most people. . . giks are by and large just normal people after all!

Maybe your friends' giks are just poor? They sound like cheeky boundary pushing giks to me, but as long as your pals are having a good time then all's well I suppose.

Edited to add : see also Greekfreaklover's post above.

Edited by Trembly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fuc_k-buddy, yes. So much is true. But you still have to shell out the baht.. :o

So true! From what I have experienced it's a lot of wedge too!!!

New phones, new clothes, new shoes it's easier to visit a goldfish bowl!!

Not true at all. That is not a gik.

More like a hooker.

A gik isn't like a gf relationship. All my giks are more like friends. Difference is we just fuc_k a lot.

There are no gifts or money.

If you have to buy her a bunch of shit to fuc_k her then it isn't a gik. She is a hooker or a gold digger.

I guess we all agree that you know your way around the hookers.

The fact is that a Gik is given a "gift" once in a while.

It is expected that a "boyfriend" gives something once in a while.

Most of my friends have Giks, and absolutely all of them confirmed what I wrote here.

They do indeed buy their Giks a gift once in a while, and give them "money for taxi" sometimes too.

Not a gik then.

Guessing you are some bald old fart who splashes out some cash for a young girl and then calls her your gik lol.

A proper gik requires no money or gifts.

Not a gik then.

Guessing you are some bald old fart who splashes out some cash for a young girl and then calls her your gik lol.

A proper gik requires no money or gifts.

Interesting, you are guessing who I am, and yet you are hiding behind a totally empty profile.

Im 47, happily married, living in Bangkok.

No Giks anymore.

All hair intact, some getting gray.

Average body size.

A proper Gik?

All women expects gifts once in a while, and especially women who know they are not number 1.

I will tell all my friends that they all have figured it out wrong.

:P

wow, I didn't think that I would stir up an academical argument about what a "proper" gik is...

get a life and try it out yourself!

I think that is one of the good things about the Forum.

We can discuss almost anything.

:)

wow, I didn't think that I would stir up an academical argument about what a "proper" gik is...

get a life and try it out yourself!

I think that is one of the good things about the Forum.

We can discuss almost anything.

:)

ok, here you go:

A gik is a person that likes to spend time with you with no strings attached (no money, no relationship, no exclusivity - just sanook).

In a Bangkokian context, this means mostly going out and having sex.

Presents from time to time to keep things sanook.

Edited by manarak

My understanding is a 'gik' is a second wife, a woman on the side so to speak. It's not necessarily a sexual term but implies she's a second partner to a more permanent one. And from what I hear in practice the man usually gives some financial support. Seems to me most relationships are based on security and so one would expect the 'gik' to be in it for the benfits, rather than the pleasure.

That is a mia noi = Minor Wife.

Gik is just a non exclusive fuc_k buddy.

I have a few giks in Bangkok. No money every exchanges hands. We fuc_k but we also do other things together as friends would. I don't bother them about who else they see and they don't bother me.

Gik is just mutual fun.

Totally impossible. They always get money eventually.

Why? Because what's in it for a woman? It's so obvious they don't obtain pleasure from sex. So why do they sleep with men? Hmm... :ermm:

Sounds like fun. In the interests of being sanook AND given that it seems to be all the rage, I asked the wife if I could have a Gik too. Request declined...something about taking the kids and never seeing them again.

My understanding is a 'gik' is a second wife, a woman on the side so to speak. It's not necessarily a sexual term but implies she's a second partner to a more permanent one. And from what I hear in practice the man usually gives some financial support. Seems to me most relationships are based on security and so one would expect the 'gik' to be in it for the benfits, rather than the pleasure.

I have a few giks in Bangkok. No money every exchanges hands. We fuc_k but we also do other things together as friends would. I don't bother them about who else they see and they don't bother me.

Gik is just mutual fun.

Why? Because what's in it for a woman? It's so obvious they don't obtain pleasure from sex. So why do they sleep with men? Hmm... :ermm:

Rubbish!

My gik from university had few men before and climaxed the first time with me and renews the experience roughly every 2nd or 3rd weekend when she can get away...

Another gik is older, but also comes for the orgasms.

In hindsight, they all did.

Do you see a pattern?

Edited by manarak

A gik is 1GB

Ha ha, that's funny.

I've heard this word long time ago. I think it's from GIG, like temporally (chuck buddy). They probably don't even know what they saying beside chuking it up. Another thing is "wer" means Over.

Actually i think he's right. Thai people described it to me that way too. It's a no strings attached thing.

Gik is just mutual fun.

Edited by Warhammer820

Gik is just mutual fun.

Rubbish!

My gik from university had few men before and climaxed the first time with me and renews the experience roughly every 2nd or 3rd weekend when she can get away...

Another gik is older, but also comes for the orgasms.

In hindsight, they all did.

Do you see a pattern?

So you are the one they come to when they want an orgasm?

;)

I'm not sure what girls you have been involved with, but it's not that far from reality if you know where to look.

I took the general case. sorry.

This means mainly the urban promiscuous students, mia nois and girls occasionally working in the sex trade when they need money.

The people you describe are in the minority in Bangkok's nightclubs.

Not even sure these people would be into being/having giks? QED.

Edited by manarak