Bus Service Khon Kaen To Pattaya

OldMoose

I understand there is a bus service between Khon Kaen and Pattaya. Does anyone know how often they run, what sort of times they leave Khon Kaen, how long they take and how much they cost?

Thanks in advance

PS: this is my first post on ThaiVisa so I would like to thank all those who make this forum what it is. I have never had reason to post before but I have often found this website to be entertaining, thought provoking and a font of knowledge.

I understand there is a bus service between Khon Kaen and Pattaya. Does anyone know how often they run, what sort of times they leave Khon Kaen, how long they take and how much they cost?

Thanks in advance

PS: this is my first post on ThaiVisa so I would like to thank all those who make this forum what it is. I have never had reason to post before but I have often found this website to be entertaining, thought provoking and a font of knowledge.

Now since you understand that much, that there is a Bus service.....intelligence dictates....got o the Bus Station and get a schedule.

Thanks in advance

Buses from Khon Kaen to Pattaya run daily from the bus station on Klang Muang Road

in central Khon Kaen. Only the ‘407’ bus company goes directly to Pattaya.

I have done this trip several times, from memory there are approx 10 departures per day.

First bus leaves at 09:30 and the last one at 22:00 hours. Remember though that these buses originate from Nong Khai so they could be running a bit late depending on time of day and traffic of course. It is hard to say exactly how long it takes because until the bus sets off, you don’t know where it will stop ?, how many stops ?, where they are picking up ? dropping off ? it can be anything from 7.5 to 11 hours depending on all of the above, plus traffic and also if any of your fellow travelers are taking their motor bikes with them. It will also stop at Korat for a twenty to thirty minute meal break. At Pattaya

it will drop you off on Sukhumvit at Pattaya Klang before continuing to Rayong. I think the fare is 383 baht

for the normal bus and 583 for the VIP bus. The night time departures tend to be quicker and will have less kids and crying babies.

TIP: when you get off at Korat for the meal break make sure you make a mental note of your bus number and the gate number. Unless you can read Thai ? you will be wandering around a sea of similar looking buses trying to remember which one was yours !!!

Thanks in advance

Now since you understand that much, that there is a Bus service.....intelligence dictates....got o the Bus Station and get a schedule.

hmmmmmmmm

Now this is a wonderful board, but just occassionally you get the odd smart alec whose brain cannot keep up with his mouth.

I am not in Thailand at the moment so getting to the bus station is a little difficult - hence the question.

Buses from Khon Kaen to Pattaya run daily from the bus station on Klang Muang Road

in central Khon Kaen. Only the '407' bus company goes directly to Pattaya.

I have done this trip several times, from memory there are approx 10 departures per day.

First bus leaves at 09:30 and the last one at 22:00 hours. Remember though that these buses originate from Nong Khai so they could be running a bit late depending on time of day and traffic of course. It is hard to say exactly how long it takes because until the bus sets off, you don't know where it will stop ?, how many stops ?, where they are picking up ? dropping off ? it can be anything from 7.5 to 11 hours depending on all of the above, plus traffic and also if any of your fellow travelers are taking their motor bikes with them. It will also stop at Korat for a twenty to thirty minute meal break. At Pattaya

it will drop you off on Sukhumvit at Pattaya Klang before continuing to Rayong. I think the fare is 383 baht

for the normal bus and 583 for the VIP bus. The night time departures tend to be quicker and will have less kids and crying babies.

TIP: when you get off at Korat for the meal break make sure you make a mental note of your bus number and the gate number. Unless you can read Thai ? you will be wandering around a sea of similar looking buses trying to remember which one was yours !!!

Thanks afalang - really helpful reply. It is the sort of reply you have just given that demonstrates the value of a board like this.

:o

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks in advance

Hi Moose, welcome to the forum.

If you are not in Thailand why don't you just get off at the airport and get a bus down to Pattaya?

What's in Khon Kaen that you need to go there first?

You know, you are probably better off hiring a car, they are cheap and it saves a lot of mucking around.

Highway rentals rent for only 800 bht a day, well worth the convenience.

• 1 month later...

:) hi bloggers i am intersted in the talk about bus services as i will be in mahasarakham next month visiting my girlfriend. i want to take her to pattaya for a week, is there a direct service from mahasarakham or do you go via bangkok.

also if anyone knows whats the cost and are they air conditioned ?

thanks in anticipation. :D

• Like 1

Thanks in advance

Hi there. Don't just get any old bus. I did once from KK to BKK and spent 9 hours of hel_l, gagging for a dump in sweat filled vileness going round and stopping at any village with a population more than five.

Make sure you get a VIP bus which goes direct.

Seriously.

:) hi bloggers i am intersted in the talk about bus services as i will be in mahasarakham next month visiting my girlfriend. i want to take her to pattaya for a week, is there a direct service from mahasarakham or do you go via bangkok.

also if anyone knows whats the cost and are they air conditioned ?

thanks in anticipation. :D

Tibap,

The one from Pattaya to Phon Thong is 500-600 Baht. VIP, air con, very comfortable, they drive a bit fast, best keep your eyes shut. To Mahasarakham should not be much more.

I used to do the PB Air thing and taxi's etc, before global economic destruction.

Wisj I'd always used the bus services here. Fantastic they are.

I suffered 11 hours of misery last week on a second class bus from kk to Pattaya. I couldn't be bothered to wait 6 hours for the 20:00 VIP service but wish I had done. Cheap enough at 300 baht but definitely not recommended.

I suffered 11 hours of misery last week on a second class bus from kk to Pattaya. I couldn't be bothered to wait 6 hours for the 20:00 VIP service but wish I had done. Cheap enough at 300 baht but definitely not recommended.

You'll need therapy. Post-traumatic stress disorder can stay with you for life if you don't address it early on.

Been there.

Worse still I had taken my metformin tablets 3 hours before which give you uncontrollable skwits. Yep!

Worse still I had taken my metformin tablets 3 hours before which give you uncontrollable skwits. Yep!

If there had been a khazi on board it would have been very difficult to reach it. The bus conductor had filled the aisle with a dozen extra punters sat on plastic stools. It was most disturbing for a lapsed member of the Institute of Safety and Health. :) I would've jumped ship at Khorat if only I could have got off!

If there had been a khazi on board it would have been very difficult to reach it. The bus conductor had filled the aisle with a dozen extra punters sat on plastic stools. It was most disturbing for a lapsed member of the Institute of Safety and Health. :) I would've jumped ship at Khorat if only I could have got off!

Amazing the difference between a normal bus and a VIP bus.

Posters need to be aware of this difference. A VIP bus is like putting your face in fresh flowers after a regular one.

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing the difference between a normal bus and a VIP bus.

Posters need to be aware of this difference. A VIP bus is like putting your face in fresh flowers after a regular one.

:D Thanks to MJP and all who replied to my enquiry about bus services from mahasarakham to Pattaya, but can anyone advise me of the time that the VIP bus leaves Amphoe Muang, mahasarakham for Pattaya.

The vip bus leaves Nongkhai several times a day. If you want to know the time I will check that for you tomorrow. Ok, I will do that for you. It will take about 3 h to KK, 170 km.

There is also a bus from Ban Dung to Rayong. You have to book in advance. I don't know if there is a bus starting in KK to Rayong. A pitty you are not here now. There should be a website indicating all departure times from KK.

:) NAKONCHAI AIR buses are great plenty of leg room,toilet,clean,fast.Have used them to get to Bangkok and Pattaya.

NAKONCHAI AIR is a great company, but do not have a service from Khon Kaen to Pattaya.

As already said, the VIP bus is so much better at just over 600 Baht, if I remember correctly. I'm not sure if they are all double deckers, but more comfy in the lower deck.

Don't expect to just turn up and get on a bus, you may be disappointed, they are often full. So it's best to book in advance.

If bus is full you can always get a bus to Bangkok and then to Pattaya, doesn't really take any longer. If you do and have a choice of Morchit or ekkomai in Bangkok, you may prefer to go to ekkomai. Changing buses at Morchit can be daunting for the fainthearted as it is huge and quite a walk to get to the Pattaya bus.

The 407 bus Nongkhai for Rayong; departure NK

0700, 1430, 1530, 1630, 1700, 1730, 1800, 1900, 1920.

Will take about 2.5 h to get to KK. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and helping me on this one, it sounds as though you can not get a bus direct from mahasarakham city to pattaya but have to go via KK, oh how far is Nongkhai from (Amphoe Muang) mahasarakham city ?

The 407 bus Nongkhai for Rayong; departure NK

0700, 1430, 1530, 1630, 1700, 1730, 1800, 1900, 1920.

Will take about 2.5 h to get to KK. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply and helping me on this one, it sounds as though you can not get a bus direct from mahasarakham city to pattaya but have to go via KK, oh how far is Nongkhai from (Amphoe Muang) mahasarakham city ?

According to Google Maps it is 261K and takes 3Hrs 58 Mins by car. Via Khon Kaen.

That bwill not be far out by bus.

• 4 months later...

Thanks in advance

Hello Oldmoose

afalang has it spot on. I live just outside Khon Kaen and have used the bus many times.

Do not take any notice of smart *ss remarks from idiots on this forum. Most of us try to help.

According to Google Maps it is 261K and takes 3Hrs 58 Mins by car. Via Khon Kaen.

That bwill not be far out by bus.

Just to avoid any confusion, Mahasarakham is not on the coach route from Nong Khai to KK and Pattaya. Although I don't use coaches myself, the wife tells me that from Mahasarakham you would need to go to Pattaya via Bangkok. Many buses of different grades ply that route.

Edited by citizen33

• 2 years later...

Another 12 people killed in an express bus crash on Highway 24 between Surin and Bangkok last week. 3 am - absolutely no excuse for a murderous crash in an overtaking manouever (ok so the murder allegation is a bit presumptuous of me, based on limited facts).

I would be highly sceptical of taking an express bus in Thailand, unless it was the only option I could afford. How about the train from KK to BKK. If you have to use a bus, do not sit up front and choose an aisle seat!

If bus is full you can always get a bus to Bangkok and then to Pattaya, doesn't really take any longer. If you do and have a choice of Morchit or ekkomai in Bangkok, you may prefer to go to ekkomai.

Agree. Take a luxury bus to Bangkok (Nakhonchai) and change to one of the buses that take you (nonstop?) to Pattaya Nuea (North) in about 2h.

Sorry I do not have the details. Maybe someone can provide.

The 407 sucks.

Would anyone be as kind to post the up to date departure times from Udon Thani or Khon Kaen to pattaya on this 407 service please jap.gif and the cost if you remember thank you.

Mate give 407 service a miss, better to use chan tours vip 550 baht, or get nakon chai air to bangkok they have there own bus station and change to there bus to pattaya.

Sorry do not have the time table but last one with chan tours i took left at 930pm got to pattaya 540am.

Mate i stay khon kaen where are you now?. nev

Would anyone be as kind to post the up to date departure times from Udon Thani or Khon Kaen to pattaya on this 407 service please jap.gif and the cost if you remember thank you.

Mate give 407 service a miss, better to use chan tours vip 550 baht, or get nakon chai air to bangkok they have there own bus station and change to there bus to pattaya.

Sorry do not have the time table but last one with chan tours i took left at 930pm got to pattaya 540am.

Thanks for the reply Nev, i have sent you a PM

Thanks for the reply Nev, i have sent you a PM

Maybe its time I went walkabout....whistling.gif