Bus Service Khon Kaen To Pattaya

OldMoose

Would anyone be as kind to post the up to date departure times from Udon Thani or Khon Kaen to pattaya on this 407 service please jap.gif and the cost if you remember thank you.

Hi,

I used to live in Khon Kaen and only once did I get the 407 direct to Pattaya. The morning VIP bus if memory serves leaves at circa 11.00 am from Khon Kaen. The tickets are available in an office in the station on the entrance opposite Khon Kaen Wittayon School. I'm sorry I don't remember the cost but less than 550 baht. The VIP bus was fine but I guess it depends what you are used to. Lots of people I knew in Khon Kaen didn't like the journey.

The train option is a pain as you have to get from the train station to one of the bus stations in Bkk. A direct bus to Bkk is semi painless and as someone has already mention the buses into Pattaya from Bangkok (mor chit) run until approx 9pm every hour.

angsta

Would anyone be as kind to post the up to date departure times from Udon Thani or Khon Kaen to pattaya on this 407 service please jap.gif and the cost if you remember thank you.

Hi,

I used to live in Khon Kaen and only once did I get the 407 direct to Pattaya. The morning VIP bus if memory serves leaves at circa 11.00 am from Khon Kaen. The tickets are available in an office in the station on the entrance opposite Khon Kaen Wittayon School. I'm sorry I don't remember the cost but less than 550 baht. The VIP bus was fine but I guess it depends what you are used to. Lots of people I knew in Khon Kaen didn't like the journey.

The train option is a pain as you have to get from the train station to one of the bus stations in Bkk. A direct bus to Bkk is semi painless and as someone has already mention the buses into Pattaya from Bangkok (mor chit) run until approx 9pm every hour.

angsta

Yes chan tours do have lesser price tickets too, i have paidi think it was 385 baht, the ones for 550 baht are the newer buses.

I seem to remember a serious bus crash in Switzerland ,recently ,killing many children. Many other global examples. Given the amazing number of bus movements a day, in Thailand, there safety record is excellent .I have been travelling , for a while-7 years weekly to Bkk. No 1st class in them there days. Let alone V.I.P. My first experiences, date back to when there only 3rd class cattle trucks. Appalling they were.Love V.I.P. Truly excellent. I have to admit ,I much prefer Sleeper Trains, but as I live over 80 kilometres, from the nearest railway station, not a practical alternative