Bus From Bangkok

sinewave

I want to take the bus to Chiang Rai this time so i can take in some of the scenery and save some cash...Are there direct VIP or 1st class buses going to Chinag Rai from Bangkok, and back?...and woud you know the price?

Im looking at a lonely planet guide book, but there is no mention if there is a direct bus...only a bus from Chinag mai to Chiang rai.

The last time there I stayed at Garden jungle guest house for 200 baht a night , then Jansom guesthouse for 450 baht...does anyone know of a gusesthouse similiar in qualityto Jansom guesthouse, but at a price closer to around 200-300 baht?

thanks

I think most of them run at night as well.

You know of any daytime buses MJ?

i have caught a bus cr/bkk at 8am its a couple of years ago but i cant see any reason the service

is not still running.

BTW

the new chaingrai bus terminal is scheduled to open on friday 13th march dont know what

will be coming or going from there we will wait and see.

its located about 3 km from the big c heading south just off the highway,they have installed new traffic lights

on the highway

It has been a year or so ago, but the last time I travelled there where busses going every 2h or so from Ekamai to CR, not VIP though, but all direct.

I have no Idea about guesthouses, but I see a few signs advertising rooms for 150-250 outside of town.

I just read about the new busstation, will they be having an opening ceremony?

It has been a year or so ago, but the last time I travelled there where busses going every 2h or so from Ekamai to CR, not VIP though, but all direct.

I have no Idea about guesthouses, but I see a few signs advertising rooms for 150-250 outside of town.

I just read about the new busstation, will they be having an opening ceremony?

Like crashing a bus?

Chiang Rai gets new bus terminal.

Chiang Rai's new bus terminal opening tomorrow should significantly enhance tourism in the northern region and beyond, not to mention inter-provincial travel.

Occupying eight rai in the Sansai area of Muang district, the terminal cost 56 million baht to build. It is located seven kilometres from the old terminal that from now on will only cater to passengers travelling within the province.With a capacity to handle 600 buses a day, the new facility boasts 128 shops and stalls selling everything from food and drinks to souvenirs and local products, and there are tour operators offering exciting travel packages to places of interest in the province.

In due course a 300-room hotel and convention facility will be added to the terminal that, after today's soft launch, will have a formal opening on March 28.

The terminal further consolidates Chiang Rai's status as an important transit point on the R3A route that links China and other countries bordering northern Thailand.

14549.jpg

that seems like a rather large project for chiang rai...good sign.

so, does the soft opening mean they are currently taking in transport to and from?... kinda like the old bus terminal better, you can walk to almost any place in the city.

... kinda like the old bus terminal better, you can walk to almost any place in the city.

Me too. What a shame! :o

Come on, this is Thailand, give them time.

By the way: the VIP (999) bus from BKK-CR is absolutely great!

ample elbow room on the VIP busses? Last time i left chiang rai to catch a plane in chiang mai via 1st class bus, a hilltribe dude fell asleep on my shoulder...it was romantic and all, but i just couldnt get into it with his bad breath.

... kinda like the old bus terminal better, you can walk to almost any place in the city.

Me too. What a shame! :o

The new bus station is in use for bus trips with destinations outside Chiang Rai Province.

I will be ariving in CR by bus next week. Looking forward to seeing the new bus station.

Are there a lot of bars around the new station?? After a long trip I will be ready for a drink :o . I will take a bottle or two on the bus with me for the trip though.

Looks like I will be arriving around 7:00am. Will some bars be open? Can anyone tell me which ones and how to get there?

How much for a taxi to the bar area and the girls?

Thanks for the help. :D

Looks like you'll be arriving during that short quiet period between the bars closing and the bars opening.

Not to worry I'm sure your hotel or guest house will be able to oblige you with a libation or four so you don't go thirsty.

Me too. What a shame! :D

The new bus station is in use for bus trips with destinations outside Chiang Rai Province.

Must be this guy Taskin (together with the tuktuk-maffia) that planned the new busstation.

Same as Suvarnaphumi och Don Muang!

Bus within the province has one busstation (the old one in the city) and if you going outside the province you must go 7 km outside the city to the new busstation.

Will this boost the tourismen to Chiang Rai?

What a joke!

:o:D:D

took a 1st class VIP bus back to bangkok yesterday, the new bus terminal is not that far from the city center at all, should be about 40-50 baht by tuk tuk, but i got scammed and charged 80 baht.

from the city center you simply take phahonyothin road to the big 4 way intersection , hang a right, then travel for about 1-2 kilometer...before you see the little soi that leads to the new terminal...there will be english signs in white that say 500 meters.

not many people or buses at the terminal, id say there were more empty shophouses for rent than people waiting for buses at 830am...there is also much construction going on in this area...whether or not it will be able to become a new center of commerce is questionable...my cards say no, and rent will be based on hype, just on the fact that the bus station is there.

took a 1st class VIP bus back to bangkok yesterday, the new bus terminal is not that far from the city center at all, should be about 40-50 baht by tuk tuk, but i got scammed and charged 80 baht.

I am so surprised!

How could the tuktuk-driver do that?

Shame on him!

:o:D:D

I will be ariving in CR by bus next week. Looking forward to seeing the new bus station.

Are there a lot of bars around the new station?? After a long trip I will be ready for a drink :D . I will take a bottle or two on the bus with me for the trip though.

Looks like I will be arriving around 7:00am. Will some bars be open? Can anyone tell me which ones and how to get there?

How much for a taxi to the bar area and the girls?

Thanks for the help. :D

What day will you be arriving nonstop ?. We could arrange to meet you, supply you with a few drinks and put you on a bus to some exotic location such as pattaya. :o