Hotels On Aonang !

Kathe

• 5 weeks later...
http://hotels.thaivisa.com

Click Krabi for rates and info.

Great rates. I had never been to Ao Nang in my years in thailand, untill last week that is. I have to say, the place is pure magic. What makes it really stand out, is there's no shop houses directly opposite the beach(es). Just one story restaurants/shops/boutiques etc, all across the road from the beach areas. Longtail boats take the place of jet skiis found in other locales. Must be they actually try to enforce some zoning in the beach areas. All good.

The variety of food and great prices is a plus as well except there seems to be a disproportionate amount of Italian places.

The drive over from Phuket island is a stunner (2-3 hrs), especially from Phang na area on and the drive from Ao nang up to Surat on the new 4 lane highway is a breeze. Strange having the whole road to oneself, didn't see another car the entire way.

Ever since i returned to bangkok, I've been plotting ways I can offload some local duties and work via adsl from Ao Nang. Yup, they have adsl too. hmmm.... :o

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
http://hotels.thaivisa.com

Click Krabi for rates and info.

Great rates. I had never been to Ao Nang in my years in thailand, untill last week that is. I have to say, the place is pure magic. What makes it really stand out, is there's no shop houses directly opposite the beach(es). Just one story restaurants/shops/boutiques etc, all across the road from the beach areas. Longtail boats take the place of jet skiis found in other locales. Must be they actually try to enforce some zoning in the beach areas. All good.

The variety of food and great prices is a plus as well except there seems to be a disproportionate amount of Italian places.

The drive over from Phuket island is a stunner (2-3 hrs), especially from Phang na area on and the drive from Ao nang up to Surat on the new 4 lane highway is a breeze. Strange having the whole road to oneself, didn't see another car the entire way.

Ever since i returned to bangkok, I've been plotting ways I can offload some local duties and work via adsl from Ao Nang. Yup, they have adsl too. hmmm.... :o

let us know when you get down here next time...grab a beer or sthing..