Pet Lovers: What Have You Got?

udon

I'll start with my mate Sunnee, bought at jjplaza from a young Thai girl.

Very tame and a great "watchdog" 2 years old now and fully grown at a foot tall.

Just wish I could find the seller again to buy another Sun Conure from her :o

sun029.jpg

sun030.jpg

So, what have you got?

================

BTW am looking for a Shi-poo in April if anyone knows of a litter coming up, pls email me.

Ta..... udon

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a dog. I found it among other soi pups at the village entrance.

She sits on command, does not bark along with the neighbour's dogs but she likes chewing on shoes :o I want to teach her a bit more later on.

I also had a black lizard for a while but my wife kept complaining about it. I set it free.

I guess I am the crazy dog lady then :D I have 6 dogs, all rescues. 3 of them are sisters, dumped on the road near my house as puppies. Another was abandoned by my English neighbor when he and his wife split up, another just moved in, and the last one was my nephew's dog that my brother-in-law decided to dump at the wat after she went into heat. Bought a brand new car but couldn't be bothered to spend the 500 baht to have her sterilized :o This is the newest dog.

gew.jpg

The rest can be viewed on my photo album, Love me love my dog

And our one cat: Lizzielizzie.jpg

sbk don't worry, I'm more crazy than you! :D

I've got 12 dogs, all of them rescues as well and 7 cats, also rescued. my problem is I can't turn a blind eye on suffering creatures but since my house is full now I better do :o

she likes chewing on shoes  :o I want to teach her a bit more later on.

Rub chilis on the shoes... taught my old dog in a hurry :D

No pets as we are always on the go somewhere but the little girl next door (3yrs) wanders in, curls up on whoever's lap is closest and goes to sleep. We consider her our cat. :D

cv

sbk don't worry, I'm more crazy than you!  :D

I've got 12 dogs, all of them rescues as well and 7 cats, also rescued. my problem is I can't turn a blind eye on suffering creatures but since my house is full now I better do :o

why not move out and live them the house, making a new one for yourself, maybe big enough for the next twenty?

Two goats, 1 pregnant with two kids, other one is responsible. 1 dog, 1 cat, bunch of chickens, bunch of rabbits can't keep count, many ghekos some a foot long and very aggressive when the cat gets near. Not sure what my wife will want to mother next but it will happen. I have spent more for fencing and houses for these critters than I have on new computer stuff and that is my pet.

Had 3 dogs but now multiplied to seven. I wanted to get rid of the last four puppies but the wife would hear nothing of it. Now they are starting to bark and chew on shoes but I still have to take care of them. :o

B.T.W. The puppies all have a skin condition. They itch and scratch all the time and lost most of their hair and it's not fleas. I tried some white powder disolved in water that the wife got at the market but it seems to help only for a day or two. Can anyone please help with a remedy. I feel very sorry for them. :D

sbk don't worry, I'm more crazy than you!  :D

why not move out and live them the house, making a new one for yourself, maybe big enough for the next twenty?

nah... the family's big enough :D

B.T.W. The puppies all have a skin condition. They itch and scratch all the time and lost most of their hair and it's not fleas. I tried some white powder disolved in water that the wife got at the market but it seems to help only for a day or two. Can anyone please help with a remedy. I feel very sorry for them. sad.gif

let them see a vet, could be many reasons, from allergy to some deficiency or demodex or fungus. one of my dogs used to have the same as a puppy, since I gave him omega 3 oils it was ok.

I'll start with my mate Sunnee, bought at jjplaza from a young Thai girl.

Very tame and a great "watchdog" 2 years old now and fully grown at a foot tall.

Just wish I could find the seller again to buy another Sun Conure from her  :o

sun029.jpg

sun030.jpg

So, what have you got?

================

BTW am looking for a Shi-poo in April if anyone knows of a litter coming up, pls email me.

Ta..... udon

bautiful bird! would like to know if it is endemic to asia? seems as if you can let him fly freely? would be lovely if he had a 'friend' as these birds are used to live in big swarms.

B.T.W. The puppies all have a skin condition. They itch and scratch all the time and lost most of their hair and it's not fleas. I tried some white powder disolved in water that the wife got at the market but it seems to help only for a day or two. Can anyone please help with a remedy. I feel very sorry for them. 

The pups have probaly got sarcoptic mange, this is caused by a might that burrows into the skin and drives them crazy if you don't get it treated they will scratch until they bleed.

Go to any temple and see for yourself the dogs there what happens if you don't get them treated, we live in Chiang Mai and take our mutts all eight of 'em to the small animal hospital run by Chiang Mai university excellent service and very reasonable.

This awful ( for the dogs) condition can be treated easily and painlessly but for their sakes get it done quick.

Edited by maerim

Had 3 dogs but now multiplied to seven. I wanted to get rid of the last four puppies but the wife would hear nothing of it. Now they are starting to bark and chew on shoes but I still have to take care of them.  :o

B.T.W. The puppies all have a skin condition. They itch and scratch all the time and lost most of their hair and it's not fleas. I tried some white powder disolved in water that the wife got at the market but it seems to help only for a day or two. Can anyone please help with a remedy. I feel very sorry for them.  :D

My black dog gets this problem, we treat him and it goes in around a week.

This is the shampoo we use - ppp (professional pet products) its a basic skin care dry skin dog shampoo (with natural oatmeal) in a smallish bottle, its around 150/ 160bht from the vets and it works, also we use the tick/flea drops (frontline brand ).

:D

when i arrived here in LOS last year, i brought my 2 dogs with me (and it took me almost 1 1/2 hr to get them out of Don Muang) since then they keep on adding up now from 2 to 7... some given to me by friends other rescued from the street.

:o

bautiful bird! would like to know if it is endemic to asia? seems as if you can let him fly freely? would be lovely if he had a 'friend' as these birds are used to live in big swarms.

Sun Conures are from Central & Sth America.

In Los they cost 5000b, in Aus $800 minimum.

They go up in price as they get older, I've seen them on sale in Chatuchak for 15000b for a 2 yr old bird.

I guess they figure that to have survived to 24 months they must be healthy.

DNA sexing costs $50 and is a good investment.

NEVER buy a cockatoo!

Chico, where do you live?

Maerim, where's your mob? :o

Can anyone recc a good vet?

I've got a mini-schanuzer that I was able to buy here. She's really good at catching the mice that on ocassion will get into the home from nearby fields. Good all around pet and watchdog. She's my baby, that's for sure.  :o

schatz1.jpg

Cute pup.... but that stare looks rather disturbing with the redye blacked out like that. :D

cv