Pet Lovers: What Have You Got?

udon

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-14845-1160795405_thumb.jpgpost-14845-1160795144_thumb.jpg Some people say I've got a zoo. 2 Rottweilers, a Doberman, 2 Sun Conures, 3 Red Breasted Parakeets, 2 Cockateils, Vernal Hanging Parrots, Mynah Birds, Lovebirds, Budgies. The Sun Conures were bought from a local breeder.

Fancy chickens, 6 fish ponds and 2 aquariums. I had to give the horse away because the dogs and him didn't get on.

Nice looking Rottweilers, Congratulation!

Any issues between the Rottweilers and the doberman?

Who is the leader of the rack?

Gerd

Male Rott, Macky, comes from a sire that won 3 international championships. He's the gaffer, but knows I'm the boss. Only problems with the Dobeman was she would chase anything that moved and when it went under the car she scratched the car. If I shouted at her Macky would attack. Most of the time they got on, but I don't think it would have been the same with a male Doberman. For the sake of my cars Sandie stays next door at my sister in law's.

post-14845-1160795405_thumb.jpgpost-14845-1160795144_thumb.jpg Some people say I've got a zoo. 2 Rottweilers, a Doberman, 2 Sun Conures, 3 Red Breasted Parakeets, 2 Cockateils, Vernal Hanging Parrots, Mynah Birds, Lovebirds, Budgies. The Sun Conures were bought from a local breeder.

Fancy chickens, 6 fish ponds and 2 aquariums. I had to give the horse away because the dogs and him didn't get on.

A birdman...... at last!... :o

Can you remember how much you paid for the Sunnys?

They get more valuable as they get older.

Have you had them sexed?

cheers. :D

PS "Red Breasted Parakeets" ????

Edited by udon

This is Cookie, back in August when she was 12 months old.

She seems to be getting hairier and hairier every day. (and fatter :o )

Mobi, great looking golden. I can't tell how much she weighs, but vets say we need to keep their weight on the low side so they don't get hip problems. Mine weighs between 25 and 26 kilos and she is a few months older than Cookie.

Hi UDON.

The dealer was asking 2,000 baht for a bird, but I managed to get him to agree to 3,500 for 2.

I've not had them sexed and wouldn't know where to get it done. At the moment they have taken over a nest box of the lovebirds to roost in.

I've 3 red breasted parakeets (Psittacula alexandri). They are native to Thailand and I picked them up from local pet shops.

Hi UDON.

The dealer was asking 2,000 baht for a bird, but I managed to get him to agree to 3,500 for 2.

I've not had them sexed and wouldn't know where to get it done. At the moment they have taken over a nest box of the lovebirds to roost in.

I've 3 red breasted parakeets (Psittacula alexandri). They are native to Thailand and I picked them up from local pet shops.

:D You got them for a fair price.

In 2 years they will be worth 12000 each as they should be ready to breed. :o

You can get them DNA sexed by sending chest feathers to a lab in Aus.

If interested, I can send you the contact details.

Keep a close eye on the Alexandrine's health, they maybe wild caught.

Sunnies sell for around A$600 here...... ludicrous!

Have an Arab mate here who breeds Alexs, so don't hesitate to ask if you need any help with the Alexs.

• 2 months later...

Got a min. Pinscher, Jack Russel terrier, and a Staffordshire bull terrier.

A pacman frog.

Two hedgehogs.

A bunch of marine fish.

Bigass freshwater turtles.

____

In the past: Crocodiles, iguanas, dalmatians, cockatoos, ringnecks, marmosets, a squirrel monkey, hamsters, a sugar glider, an arowana, a colony of zebra finches, koi fish, ranchu goldfish, fighting fish, leopard tortoises, and chameleons.

• 2 years later...
:)

I posted before, but I'll do it again.

About 2 years ago my wife heard some mewing coming from a hole in a stone wall near our house.

There was a very young kitten, completely white, that had been abandoned by the mother. He was covered with fleas, ticks, and the ants had been attacking him.

My wife and her youngest son pulled hin out, cleaned him up, and took him to the vet. He was in bad shape, and they didn't know if he would survive.

Well, he did. He had many trips to the vet, but each time he came back. My wife was going to name him snowball, because he was totally white. The son wanted to call him Arnold after Arnold Swartzenegger (sp?) because he kept coming back. So he became known as Arnold.

As he grew older Arnold began to show the coloring of a Thai Siamese cat. Now he has the brown/black coloring of the Thai Siamese cat., and the blue eyes. I don't think he is a purebred, but he obviously has the Siamese line in him.

Arnold is about two years old now, and he is the master of the house. He has been nuetered, so no little Arnolds will be coming forth. He gets up every morning (he sleeps downstairs with the youngest son) to wake up my wife and the grand daughter to get ready for school. He then does a survey of the house, inside and out, making sure everything meets his approval. Then, when he satisfied, he takes his post on the top of the shoe rack where he can watch everyone coming in the house door. When it's time for the grand daughter to come home from school, he goes to the gate to greet her. He also watches for the youngest son when the son goes out.

He has about 5 or 6 different sounds he makes to communicate when he is hungry or wants to go out. He likes to go out in the little garden at the side of the house, and watch the birds. I guess he hoping to catch one, but they are to smart for that.

Anyway, that's Arnold. Life in the house wouldn't be the same without him.

:D

Lovely story!

Hollie, a six month old Rottweiler. 24kg now and getting bigger every day but a complete softie!

Our 40kg Golden Retriever has broken two of those red nylon collars. You may have to upgrade to something stronger after awhile. The plastic clip just shatters under pressure.

Hollie, a six month old Rottweiler. 24kg now and getting bigger every day but a complete softie!

Our 40kg Golden Retriever has broken two of those red nylon collars. You may have to upgrade to something stronger after awhile. The plastic clip just shatters under pressure.

Thanks, she'll need a bigger collar soon anyway as it's almost too tight but we have a harness which we put on when we need to put her on the leash which is very strong so hopefully it will be OK.