Visas from vientiane corrupt

In fact on Tuesday last I queued for 3 and a half hours and had the door closed in my face before I got up the steps. All this time hosts of 'visa agents' went backwards and forwards into the office. It was pretty obvious who had priority. There has to be some sort of financial arrangement with the people inside. Incidentally, if you want 'express service' you don't have to go to the scalpers outside the office. Some travel agents in town will handle the whole thing for a lot less money. You don't even have to go to the office.
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

<< Some travel agents in town will handle the whole thing for a lot less money. You don't even have to go to the office. >>

Hi Guys -- I live in Chiang Mai and want a new multiple entry non immigrant visa. Last year I went to Penang and sailed through in 24 hours but am interested in driving to Vientienne instead this time. Do you know the names of any of the travel agents you have mentioned and/or whether there is likely to be any difficulty to obtain a one year multiple at Vientienne? [There is quite a bit of contradiction posted here!]

My other alternatives are to drive to Kota Bahru or Penang.

Anyone ever been to Kunming? The idea of flying there quite fascinates me.

Best ones -- Brian ::o: