1 Bedroom Apartment -- 90,000 Baht Per Month Minimum

Hi there :-) I'm playing the role of "helper" for a nice woman who is moving with her husband to Bangkok from a house in Chiang Mai. They know that I did a lot of research and site visits when I was looking for a serviced apartment to rent for myself (not quite in the 90k Baht range....lol!) and asked me if there are any truly luxurious one bedroom apartments that she and hubby can rent for long term. She insists that it should be 90k Baht or more per month. We talked about her reasons for wanting to pay so much for a one bedroom place.....but I won't bore you with those details other than to say that both she and her husband are convinced that it's what they want.

Do any of you have any specific apartment recommendations? I would have loved to have convinced her to sublease my apartment from me......and I would even be willing to jack up the rent to 90k if that would make them happy (hahaha!!).....but these are good people who just want to settle in for the long term in a very, very nice apartment. They have no interest in buying anything.....strictly rental.

Thank you for the help!

CHEERS!

D

I was doing some property searches online last week and just out of interest, I looked at the top end, just to see what you get for the money but didnt see any one bedroom places in that price range. They wouldnt consider an extra room?

If you go to bangkok finder on the internet, you should be able to find that by putting the necessary dots and www's in places then you will find heaps of apartments there.

There is a ritzy one bedroom place for about 60,000 per month, or if you must spend 90,000 they are mostly 2 or 3 bedroom jobbies, there was one place that was 2 bedroom with a study.

Theres some really nice places for the 90k mark, they could always just shut one of the bedroom doors and pretend it doesnt exist :o

moving this to the accom section

(personal note - I agree it will be hard to find something that 'normally' charge 90K for 1 bedroom. I havent seen or heard of any. You can find 2 bedrooms from 80k or more though. and it will be luxurious.

convince them to rent 2 bedroom for that price. tell them they can have the maid live in the second room if they arent expecting any visitors :o but it just doesnt make sense, if you have such a nice apartment, why wont you have friends visit and stay with you? Id want to do that.... )

NEVERDIE......thank you for passing along the BANGKOK FINDER website. I see what you mean regarding what they have in the 90k or more range. Mostly 3 bedrooms or more.....and surprising (to me) to see how many of these "high end" rentals are already rented out. I guess the worldwide economic crisis is over for those folks. :-)

MIG16.....any specific 2 bedroom apartments come to mind? (It'll be a 1 bedroom plus private study room with bed....lol!!)

Alright....fingers crossed that some of the gurus here post some specific locations to consider.

CHEERS!

D

In Feb I stayed at Centre Point (wireless rd.) executive serviced appartments.

I stayed there as a hotel $58/nt, and believe price is up, but if they signed long term and upgraded, would think they would get something quite nice.

Check it out on the internet.

Why does the term 'money laundering' come to mind

Well that would possibly jump to mind but the couple in question would be looking not for a kosher rent of 90k but a real reant of 20k for which, with an arrangement, they would "pay" 90k.

But I don't see how looking for a place that really rents out in that range could be money laundering unless they want to flush the money out with the suds.

I think though that this must be a first ever on ThaiVisa. Somebody looking to pay MORE :o than the going rate. It will certainly stand out in forum searches amongst the "Where is the cheapest.....?" threads.

Hey guys.....I don't think they want to pay "more than the going rate". Rather, she (the wife) seems to want a place that is so luxurious that the going rate would be 90k Baht +.

I'm sorry if I miscommunicated that.

SOCAL....thank you. I thought about CentrePoint as well. Looks like they've got a new high end property (near Erawan) that they either took over or built.

CHEERS!

D

There's a very luxurious, modern ground floor condo going in my complex (Amanta Ratchada) overlooking trees, garden and pool for 80K per month. 2 bedroom though.

Shangra-La and Conrad HOtels both have serviced apartments that would fit in that price bracket.

Maybe this is a housing allowance that is offered yb his/her employer and if they dont use it then they lose it, that's how it workd with my company.

all the President Park properties would be in that range

President Park in Sukhumvit 24 - really really nice 3 bedroom apartment I saw...almost 10 years ago was about 85K! so not sure how much they are now

(pictures: http://www.at-bangkok.com/detail_page.php?sub_id=280 )

President Solitaire in Sukhumvit 11

http://www.bkkcondos.com/president-solitaire.html - this site shows one BR as 71K. too much in my opinion....but....

a really luxurious condo is Le Raffine in Sukhmvit 31. but I dont know if any are available for rent or not. you could ask an estate agent you would like to rent one in that building, and for the price..maybe they will be able to track one down for you --> http://www.iluxuryasia.com/property/develo...=1123&sf=TH

each condo has its own swimming pool. so it might be that there arent any property being rented out...or if yes, it could be higher than the 90K!

a number in the langsuan area would fall within the luxurious category too. plus an easy stroll to abundance of really really nice (but pricey) restaurants!

Hi! Thank you so much for the ideas. I'll be following up with them and will report back here if I make progress.

(Sorry for the delayed response today.....my email notification of replies here didn't show up. I'll try to "stop tracking" and then restart "tracking" this topic.)

CHEERS!

D

Hi! Thank you so much for the ideas. I'll be following up with them and will report back here if I make progress.

(Sorry for the delayed response today.....my email notification of replies here didn't show up. I'll try to "stop tracking" and then restart "tracking" this topic.)

CHEERS!

D

Also have them look at Fraser-Urbana Place serviced apartments on Soi Lang Suan - that's near Central Chitlom. Their prices just about match 90,000 Baht/month. Here's the link

http://bangkok.frasershospitality.com/

Good luck.

Walt

Also check out Emporium Suites. Their daily rates are a lot higher but you can make deals with them for monthly and multiple-month rentals.

Great location- easy access to shopping and food- right on the skytrain- park next door- etc.

I will have a 61 sqm 1 bed / 1 bath condo which will be transferred to my name in mid-June. It's right on the BTS Thonglor station with a direct walkway to the station. I will furnish to the standard that they want with any furnishings that they wish, for a rental of 90,000 baht per month.

If interested, email me at <pcmar at netvigator dot com> or telephone in Bangkok next week 085-9977170.