Uk Settlement

I want to see what the average waiting times are for UK settlement visas as a lot of people seem to be waiting a long time without update.

If you have applied for a UK settlement visa in 2009, could you post when it was granted or if still waiting then state that you are still waiting or have interview pending and the date of the interview.

We submitted 2nd March - no interview request and no updates or contact from Embasy as yet (I kind of don't expect there this early).

We request date of travel as the end of March.

So 2 weeks.

How about yourself....................

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I want to see what the average waiting times are for UK settlement visas as a lot of people seem to be waiting a long time without update.

If you have applied for a UK settlement visa in 2009, could you post when it was granted or if still waiting then state that you are still waiting or have interview pending and the date of the interview.

We submitted 2nd March - no interview request and no updates or contact from Embasy as yet (I kind of don't expect there this early).

So 2 weeks.

Last September I got a settlement for my wife in 14 days!

Last month got a settlement for her son in 4 weeks and thats allowing a week to submit extra documents.

The Embassy phoned me and asked for these extra documents and I faxed them back in!

The visa was ready one week later.

Both cases the Visa was trackable on line.

I personally am impressed with the service I got.

Hope this is of some help, Sam

So 2 weeks.

Edited by rob01792

So 2 weeks.

Edited by rob01792

We applied for my wife's settlement visa on Feb 17th.

No word as yet, have emailed them - no answer. My wife called the embassy today, they told us "you just have to wait for settlement visas".

Was a little shocked to hear that rob01792 has been waiting since 2nd Feb.

We took it for granted that it would take around a week and my wife hung around BKK for 2 weeks before giving up and going back to Lao (sent passport back by courier to embassy).

I appreciate they may be busy but the downside is that I haven't seen my wife or son for months now.

Fingers crossed they'll be sorted soon - hang in there everyone :o

So 2 weeks.

These are the figures on the UK visa web site for February.

Settlement Visas 5 days 2% 10 days 9% 15 days 15% 30 days 69% 60 days 98% 90 days 100% 120 days 100% Applications per month 162

Edited by sumrit

So 2 weeks.

I applied on 20th Feb and told them it was urgent as my misus is 18 weeks pregnant and we need it quick.

Still not got anything back. I've emailed em and nothing.

Does anyone know how to use the online tracking? I've tried with firefox and IE and always get invalid search. I type in : APET/111111/111111/1 (obviousbly not all 1's) and her DOB in the field below. I never get anything back. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Does anyone know how to use the online tracking? I've tried with firefox and IE and always get invalid search. I type in : APET/111111/111111/1 (obviousbly not all 1's) and her DOB in the field below. I never get anything back. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

It looks like maybe the number or date of birth may be wrong, but i am only guessing.

I use the same number format on firefox ok;

APET/XXXXXX/XXXXXX/X

DDMMYYYY

Maybe your wife could call them and have them clarify the tracking number again?

Settlement Visas 5 days 2% 10 days 9% 15 days 15% 30 days 69% 60 days 98% 90 days 100% 120 days 100% Applications per month 162

OK thats what I wanted :o

So seems highest chance is between 1-2 months.

Submitted 10th March. Nothing back only sms to state application passed to Embassy.

Interesting to see the figures for application times jumping hugely. I last saw.. just a couple fo days ag,o completely different stats. (figures are rough as I forgt them exactly but they are fairly close)

10 days 53%

15 days 85%

30 days 100%

applications per month 55

It's bloody ridiculous to take so long. I am an expat in Bangkok waiting to go home with wife. We have to give notice for her job, notice for apartment, notice to get goods shipped home plus were spending all this money just hanging around waiting. Plus my visa is coming to an end.

I feel for the chap who hasn't seen his wife and son for a while. I'm dreading a refusal for my wife too. We've been together everyday for 6 years and it'll be stressful and messy ( financially ) to be separated until we appeal.

I quit my job in order to get all paperwork and details ready thinking the embassy times would be fine for me, now if I have to wait a further 2.5 months that'll really bugger things up.

Submitted 10th March. Nothing back only sms to state application passed to Embassy.

Interesting to see the figures for application times jumping hugely. I last saw.. just a couple fo days ag,o completely different stats. (figures are rough as I forgt them exactly but they are fairly close)

10 days 53%

15 days 85%

30 days 100%

It's bloody ridiculous to take so long. I am an expat in Bangkok waiting to go home with wife. We have to give notice for her job, notice for apartment, notice to get goods shipped home plus were spending all this money just hanging around waiting. Plus my visa is coming to an end.

I feel for the chap who hasn't seen his wife and son for a while. I'm dreading a refusal for my wife too. We've been together everyday for 6 years and it'll be stressful and messy ( financially ) to be separated until we appeal.

I quit my job in order to get all paperwork and details ready thinking the embassy times would be fine for me, now if I have to wait a further 2.5 months that'll really bugger things up.

Hi Guys

I applied for settlement visa in December 1st and got it on the 17th December. I can not beleive how it has changed this year but I did have not contact the embassy and spoke to Thai people and it was not easy becasue limited English.

The Goverment are probably making cut backs and hiring more Thais to save money in the current climate.

Good Luck every one it does do your head in though

Paul

10 days 53%

15 days 85%

30 days 100%

Hi Guys

I applied for settlement visa in December 1st and got it on the 17th December. I can not beleive how it has changed this year but I did have not contact the embassy and spoke to Thai people and it was not easy becasue limited English.

The Goverment are probably making cut backs and hiring more Thais to save money in the current climate.

Paul

Paul et al. I'd be horrified if a Thai (or any other non-diplomat national) be reviewing my wife's application to settle in the UK. For 26,780 Baht I expect a trained official to be doing this and not some locally hired employee.

10 days 53%

15 days 85%

30 days 100%

Hi Guys

Paul

Paul et al. I'd be horrified if a Thai (or any other non-diplomat national) be reviewing my wife's application to settle in the UK. For 26,780 Baht I expect a trained official to be doing this and not some locally hired employee.

Hi Mate

You never know these days we do the same over in the UK save money where you can and screw as much out of us possible.

You would hope not but who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

10 days 53%

15 days 85%

30 days 100%

Hi Guys

Paul

Hi Mate

You never know these days we do the same over in the UK save money where you can and screw as much out of us possible.

You would hope not but who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Sorry for the typos... I've a wireless keyboard and batteries running out and I didn't go back to check.

I'm now concerned about the waiting time as it really throws a spanner in the works. This isn't yet certain of course, but I don't want to be sitting here, twiddling my thumbs for 2 more months waiting for a result.

sumrit (or anyone else for that matter) do you have a link for the above site where you got your stats?

Surely not? Not only does the application have my wife's personal info it has all of mine as well. In the UK they'd never get away with allowing that much personal data to be put into the hands of just about anyone. Or at least I would hope not anyway.

sumrit (or anyone else for that matter) do you have a link for the above site where you got your stats?

Hmm its a bit of a random theory but maybe the embassy processes the visa by the date that the applicant has requested to enter the UK?

The OP and his wife asked for the late march? Maybe you could keep us informed as 'late' march is coming up.

I submitted the application for my wife's settlement visa on 10 February - but I've not heard anything yet - I tried to telephone but the British Embassy visa section do not take telephone calls - I called VFS who suggested emailing the embassy - so I emailed them (about 2 weeks ago) - to check there are no problems - but they have not replied to the email. Its now just over six weeks. Very frustrating - especially as we were expecting it to take only one or two weeks.

Applied for UK settlement visa on Feb 17th, visa was finally issued yesterday (March 24th) whoopee!!

Was a nightmare waiting for/worrying about the application but all's good now. Hope the rest of you have some joy soon.

Here's a link to visa processing times

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes/

Here's the Bangkok section

post-69161-1238006923_thumb.jpg

Good luck everyone and thanks for feedback/help etc.

:o