Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats on your success. I was going to ask if anyone had heard anything. Hopefully, I've not much longer to wait. (applied 17/2)

Btw, does VFS always contact the applicant by SMS?

I think you have to state you want this service and then pay a small fee. If you do that, I think you get notification by SMS.

I think you have to state you want this service and then pay a small fee. If you do that, I think you get notification by SMS.

You do have to request the SMS service - I think it costs around 150 Baht.

From what a few friends have said you'll know sooner using the online tracking service.

Link:https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTracking...0FI8SOju2rNnQ==

You have to enter a number that's given to you (different from the actual application number) and the applicant's date of birth.

The number looks like this: APET/xxxxxx/xxxxxx/x

:o

Just to build you guys up and put some pride about the efficiency of your bureaucratic apparatus back into you: In January my spouse applied for a visa to settle in Germany, still no word from the embassy, an inquiry with the foreign office in Germany revealed, that she will have to wait at least four months, likely longer. After three months she could sue the german government for delay (and even have the cost of the trial picked up by the german taxpayer), but even then it may take up to two more months.

At the back end of 2008 we were seeing posts from people who were worried because their application had been returned to the VAC after just a few days and they thought this meant bad news; which it didn't. Now we are seeing posts from people worried because it is taking several weeks to process applications.

I can understand the frustration of those who are still waiting. However, it does seem that the delay is due purely to a high number of applications.

To be fair to the embassy and the VAC, the following advice does, and has for some time, appear on the VAC website

Unfortunately there will invariably be times - particularly at peak travel times- when we cannot reach these standards with all applications. Please help us to provide you with the best possible service by allowing sufficient time for your application to be processed. We recommend that you allow at least a month (for non-settlement) and 3 months (for settlement).

Guide to visa application centre processing times shows processing times for visas issued in the last month.

Again, those who are still waiting have my sympathy, but I'm afraid the only advice one can give is to be patient.

It seems that these visa processing times are so vague that you could optimistically pull out anything you want to see.

My Fiance and I are currently waiting to hear about our fiance visa but are being told it will be at least a month, if not 3 months!

As with many others posted here, this puts us right out and we feel it does not justify the high visa fee. The way I see it, if you can't get things sorted within a week, get more staff. If that costs more, fine charge more!

We are living in Bangkok together for now but if I don't hear soon I will have to move back to England alone, not sure where the missus is going to live yet, and we will have to postpone our wedding :o !

Does anyone know a way of 'greasing the wheels' so to speak???

Well, my Fiance and I have a flight to the UK booked for next Wednesday. We called the embassy today (not the visa centre) to see if we could get things moving or even a clear answer on how long this will take.

Unfortunately, the Visa section at the embassy (the guys who are processing the application) have a half day on Friday!

So, looks like I will have to change the flights today... :o

It will be just my luck that as soon as I change the flight, the visa will be ready to collect! Can't wait for this whole thing to be over.

FF good luck with trying to get through to anyone there who can or will give you an answer. Whilst not giving up, i have taken to position of not booking her flight at all untill the visa is in. This is on the strengt of the fact that the Visa's at this time of year go through the roof. ( apparently it is the time for a lot of Holiday and student visa applications about now)

This info was given me by the place next door to VFS who did some emergency translation and copy service for us and in all honesty, obviously had a good relationship with the VFS staff.

By the way would recommend them to anyone. Very good service from them and cheap as chips considering we just popped in last minute.

Put applications in for Settlement Wife and Child on 17th March (wife as been to UK) last year

If that helps who knows

My flight booked to UK on 3rd May

would like to get them on that flight, But it looks like it could be a close call. 4 Days of Hollidays soon.

Just got a call from my misus. She has picked up her visa today. Her application was put in on the 20th Feb. So it looks like they are taking about 6 weeks.

Congratulations Paul and thanks for the info on the sputum test...my son and his wife have their first one tomorrow. They have their appointment to submit their application on the 8th April, i have booked flights for June 14th for them so fingers crossed. I will post once we hear something

Just got a call from my misus. She has picked up her visa today. Her application was put in on the 20th Feb. So it looks like they are taking about 6 weeks.

Congratulations Paul and thanks for the info on the sputum test...my son and his wife have their first one tomorrow. They have their appointment to submit their application on the 8th April, i have booked flights for June 14th for them so fingers crossed. I will post once we hear something

Thanks. Good luck with it all.

Well, my Fiance and I have a flight to the UK booked for next Wednesday. We called the embassy today (not the visa centre) to see if we could get things moving or even a clear answer on how long this will take.

Unfortunately, the Visa section at the embassy (the guys who are processing the application) have a half day on Friday!

So, looks like I will have to change the flights today... :o

It will be just my luck that as soon as I change the flight, the visa will be ready to collect! Can't wait for this whole thing to be over.

It is extremely unlikely that the embassy will tell you how much longer before you hear something. The usual response from any government department to questions like this is "We're too busy dealing with applications to check on how much longer a yours will take!" Frustrating, I know.

They certainly would not move your application to the head of the queue; visa applications are dealt with in strict order of receipt; unless there is some emergency which justifies jumping the queue. At most all they will do is point out to you that all the official advice issued by UKBIA, the embassy and the VAC is that one should allow three months for a settlement visa to be processed and one should not purchase any tickets until one has the visa.

Sorry I can't be more positive.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

Only to show you all that I'm the one who have been waiting for 3 months and 5 days now since 10 Feb when my settlement visa application was forwarded to British Embassy. Probably, mine is the longest?? I'm afraid that my application has already been freezed for their decision to be made after having the determination from the Tribunal. As my appeal case will be on the court by June 10 and my husband will be there to fight for our rights.

I've already sent the complaint about their poor service for not infroming their clients for this unusual situation also asking for their good explanation if they are care enough. As same as your experience here, I have been left in the silence since. My case is quite complicated but we have been fighting for our rights to reunite in the UK for these 3 years. We have actually come through this stage with the great help from a sponsor on this forum and if we win the case or obtian the visa, I will recommend his service here.

Congratulations to those successful applicants!! then you both can be reunited in your motherland. I hope that I and my husband will get the justice soon.

Wonny :o

tlusername.

Don't Forget to post as soon as you receive your Visa

We submited our application 2 weeks after you so it will give me an indication

Only my Flight booked at the moment For May 3rd looks like I may have to re-book for a later date

Unfortunatly I have A Hospital Appointment at the End of May so I would like to get back for that

plus My Prescription meds are running out.

Good Luck To All. But most of all To Wonny

Dear all,

Only to show you all that I'm the one who have been waiting for 3 months and 5 days now since 10 Feb when my settlement visa application was forwarded to British Embassy. Probably, mine is the longest?? I'm afraid that my application has already been freezed for their decision to be made after having the determination from the Tribunal. As my appeal case will be on the court by June 10 and my husband will be there to fight for our rights.

I've already sent the complaint about their poor service for not infroming their clients for this unusual situation also asking for their good explanation if they are care enough. As same as your experience here, I have been left in the silence since. My case is quite complicated but we have been fighting for our rights to reunite in the UK for these 3 years. We have actually come through this stage with the great help from a sponsor on this forum and if we win the case or obtian the visa, I will recommend his service here.

Congratulations to those successful applicants!! then you both can be reunited in your motherland. I hope that I and my husband will get the justice soon.

Wonny :o

Wonny i am not being funny or anything but is it truly 3 months and 5 days so far or is that a typo? The reason i ask is that feb 10 is only 2 months 5 days ago.

Either way it is a long time and a disgrace they make us wait so long for anything after paying so much.

I hope your response goes through with no further delays and things get a lot better for you and your other half.