Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's what been going on with the British embassy over the last 6 months (Just click on Bangkok to find figures)

OCT___DEC_08.pdf

JAN___MAR_09.pdf

as you can see we have seen a bad decline

5 DAYS 10DAYS 15 DAYS 30 DAYS 60 DAYS 90 DAYS 120 DAYS APPLICATIONS

OCT - DEC 37% 63% 76% 94% 99% 100% 100% 568

JAN - MAR 4% 13% 32% 69% 98% 99% 100% 596

DIFF +/- -33% -50% -44% -25% -1% -1% 0% 28

I only applied for my wives settlement visa on the 2nd April, lucky I did not do it on the 3rd as it seems you have to do it online and make an appointment to hand in the evidence & not to mention the price increase. I am planning my honeymoon next month and will be leaving Thailand on the 5th June I hope I she gets the visa in time, but I know that will most likely not happen and I will need to come back in July, reading the rest of the posts & looking at other forums it looks like to me that they are just finishing off Feb's applications, so people in March who applied I think you will not hear an answer to May/June if you are lucky

50% loss of output - that's really bad, esp considering they have just put the prices up.

We have some friends whom submitted on the 26th of Feb - so I will post as soon as they hear some news.

Best of luck Jason - hope it works out best as it can for you mate.

Out of interest has anyone recieved any good news on this front in the last couple of weeks. The good news posts seem to have dried up.

We submitted our application on the 18th February, and got the text this morning to collect the passport, and we've got the visa. Just over 9 weeks, but both very happy. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

I don’t think I can be much help here but wanted to add to the thread with my situation. I had to leave my wife at the airport in February and my wife’s settlement visa was put in on the 18th March with the text reply to say it has been forwarded the next day 19th March. To date after 21 working days if you take into account Songkran we like you all here haven’t had any news yet.

I have had a look at the last two months figures on the visa application processing times and it does make a bit of a depressing read for February and March

They seem to be getting about 160 to 170 applicants a month but if you look close at the numbers it seems they only process an average of 3 a day so at the end of each month they have about 100 outstanding applications.

I will post up if we get any news but now expect at least another 4 to 5 week of waiting. It is a big strain and it is getting me down at the moment.

I wish I could be more positive but I think we just have to wait.

It actually says they completed 170 applications in March and they completed 172 in February so it seems they might be consistent inthe number they complete per month but what we don't know is how many applications they are receiving each month at the moment.

As for us we submitted my wife and stepdaughters applications on 24th March and have heard nothing yet. A thai lady who submitted her sons application on the same day had a phone call about a week later to clarify something but has heard nothing since. This does mean that somebody is looking at the applications quite quickly so it seems strange that everybodys is taking so long to complete. The increased length of time would make more sense if they wern't looking at them quickly in the first place.

The frustrating thing for me is that after living in Thailand for a few years I new I would have to go back to England around April/May but a couple of people I spoke to thought their wives applications had been 'delayed as non urgent' because they had applied 3 months early and one person who applied 4 months early was told they couldn't apply that early and was sent away so I left it until about a month before we wanted to go as older figures on the ukvisa web site suggested most applications were completed within that time anyway. Also my wife has already had 3 visit visas to the UK and the longest it took for them was 4 days (one was only 24 hours).

And, before anybody says so, yes I do know on the web site it says allow up to three months but, unless the application was very complicated, nobody seemed to have to wait anywhere near that length of time in the last two/three years.

Out of interest has anyone recieved any good news on this front in the last couple of weeks. The good news posts seem to have dried up.

We submitted our application on the 18th February, and got the text this morning to collect the passport, and we've got the visa. Just over 9 weeks, but both very happy. Good luck to everyone else waiting.

Thanks for the news Merangue - it helps, and good luck to you!

They seem to be getting about 160 to 170 applicants a month but if you look close at the numbers it seems they only process an average of 3 a day so at the end of each month they have about 100 outstanding applications.

I will post up if we get any news but now expect at least another 4 to 5 week of waiting. It is a big strain and it is getting me down at the moment.

I wish I could be more positive but I think we just have to wait.

It actually says they completed 170 applications in March and they completed 172 in February so it seems they might be consistent inthe number they complete per month but what we don't know is how many applications they are receiving each month at the moment.

If you take a look at the bottom right it does say February 162 applications per month and March 170 applications completed in period of 120 days. Maybe I read it wrong.

Slight change in description from one month to the next.??

I do wish you all well.

Good luck

Thanks for the news Merangue - it helps, and good luck to you!

Just wish i could say it was my news but it is not. Congrats to Lindty. hope all goes well for you from now on.

9 Weeks is a grim number as that leaves 5 more for me if i am lucky. Still, at least we know there is SOME movement and SOMEONE still working at the embassy.

Really happy for you Lindity - hopefully that means we only have two weeks left to wait (March 4th).

dont count on it mate i made mine on 12th of feb still no word great value for money btw :o

No way - that's bad James...I really hope something happens so for you mate..still you hit three months in 2 weeks time in which they have to give you an answer.

Hello All,

Just an update..I applied on the 11th Feb '09 through the VFS and today my wife got her visa. Its taken a total of 10 weeks :o

Its abit hit and miss and I don't understand how the British Embassy process applications. I came across one guy who only applied online apparently last week. He got the visa within a week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I know how frustrating it can be.

Hello All,

Just an update..I applied on the 11th Feb '09 through the VFS and today my wife got her visa. Its taken a total of 10 weeks :o

Its abit hit and miss and I don't understand how the British Embassy process applications. I came across one guy who only applied online apparently last week. He got the visa within a week.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I know how frustrating it can be.

Maybe His Visa was Not for Settlement.

I find that hard to belive He got it in one week if it was A Settlement Visa

Well done to you and best wishes for your future in the UK.

I belive The weather is quite nice in the UK at the moment. Go enjoy the green grass and Long Summer Nights

Applied 3rd April, got sms to say the application had been forwarded to Embassy, sitting tight back in the uk now waiting for the visa to go bring my wife and 8mnth old son to the uk, wifes birthday 12th June so it would be nice to be back in Thailand to celebrate her birthday then return with the family to start our new life together in the UK

Sorry to be on a downer, but a friend of mine does visas for the UK , some of his customers have been waiting 3 month up to now, I want to get married get a visa and return on the same plane , if not i will return home ,and wait for a phone call from my partner then book a flight for her from bangkok by e ticket

Applied 3rd April, got sms to say the application had been forwarded to Embassy, sitting tight back in the uk now waiting for the visa to go bring my wife and 8mnth old son to the uk, wifes birthday 12th June so it would be nice to be back in Thailand to celebrate her birthday then return with the family to start our new life together in the UK

Well i am about 9 days ahead of you and going by my dubious calculations ( largely tea leaf reading and astrology ) i am hoping about the end of may will be our time. Hope both we and you are happily surprised.

Sorry to be on a downer, but a friend of mine does visas for the UK , some of his customers have been waiting 3 month up to now, I want to get married get a visa and return on the same plane , if not i will return home ,and wait for a phone call from my partner then book a flight for her from bangkok by e ticket

I check the Tracking service daily. so far no change. Did the same as you but did not realise the processing times had gone up so much.

Out of interest does your friend work for UKBA or for a visa agency of some kind?

Does anyobdy know why after 50 working days i have still not heard anything? the embassy do not say anything when i call them apart from gotta wait oh you wait, i e mail them and no reply im getting pissed off now really can someone please enlighten me to why people have made theyre visa after mine, and have received theyre's already im tired of going to work for what seems nothing

Does anyobdy know why after 50 working days i have still not heard anything? the embassy do not say anything when i call them apart from gotta wait oh you wait, i e mail them and no reply im getting pissed off now really can someone please enlighten me to why people have made theyre visa after mine, and have received theyre's already im tired of going to work for what seems nothing

Wish I had an answer myself James - my wife emailed them yesterday to request they look at earlier as we are held up in other areas now due to the long processing time. She was phoned today and told the same thing - wait three months and they only make exceptions for matters of life and death.

I have to say though its very confusing seeing as how some people only wait one month and have now put this whole thing behind them and proberbly even have their wifes with them now in the UK - yet others wait the full three months. I can only persume that maybe cast a quick eye over the applications in some way and if there is certain criterias in place such as sucessfull previous visit visa applications or all docs appear to be there they pick it up and process right away. But who knows, I have guessed before and got it wrong.

No News here. Thats it for this week May day Tomorow No work at Embassy untill Monday

Anybody Out There recived the good news ? This Week

March 17th Was going Back Sunday decided to stay will Re Book Flight Later

Looks like another 3 or 4 weeks wait Who knows

No News here. Thats it for this week May day Tomorow No work at Embassy untill Monday

Anybody Out There recived the good news ? This Week

March 17th Was going Back Sunday decided to stay will Re Book Flight Later

Looks like another 3 or 4 weeks wait Who knows

From the Embassy website it seems they are working tomorrow, but have 8th May off.

Check out their holiday list here:

ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/our-offices-in-thailand/contact/office-holidays

I'm off for a weekend with the grandkids and try not to think about visas for a couple of days (some hope!).

:):D

When our application was made we paid for the sms service, apparently they send you 3 text messages whilst you are waiting for the settlement visa, we recieved the 1st one the 2nd day stating that the visa had been passed to the Embassy, can anyone tell me at what stage you recieve the other two and what they inform you of :)

Hi guys, got an update for you.

Got a call from the embassy on thursday, The bird who phoned was thai and she spoke to my missus first and then me. The conversation went like this,

'You have not sent any evidence of your accommodation in the UK'

i said ' yes i have, its in the application for sure'

she said ' where?'

i said ' in the accommodation section'

'oh yes,now i see it, thank you'

She did this a couple more times, first saying that i had not given something and then after i had told her where it was saying 'oh yes thank you' . My application ,although pretty big, is very,very easy to read through.Even the VFS guys complimented the missus on it! I mean really, a blind <deleted> monkey could find its way through it...... Which really makes me wonder, <deleted> am i paying my money for! 27k !! The embassy workers english was far from perfect aswell. A completely pointless phone call that had she taken the time to read through the application carefuly would not have needed to make.

Also i asked her how much longer and she just said al settlement visas are taking about 3 months.But atleast their starting to work on mine now,i applied 11th march btw, so im assuming that their working on the march applications now.

Edited by Jonson83

Also i asked her how much longer and she just said al settlement visas are taking about 3 months.But atleast their starting to work on mine now,i applied 11th march btw, so im assuming that their working on the march applications now.

They haven't finished Feb's yet - applied 18/2 and still waiting :)

According to the UK Governments web site on processing times for settlement visas in February over half, 65% (about 105 people) had an answer within 30 working days and in March again over half, 54% (92

people) had their applications processed and answered within 30 working days yet this thread has been running for 7 weeks and I don't think anybody has posted to say they got their settlement visa within 30

days. Has anybody had, or know of anybody who's had their application processed within 30 working days of submitting the application, or is everybody who posts on thai visa in the unlucky half who seem to

have to wait forever? I know we can't all get an answer quickly but surely by now somebody would have posted to say they were in the 'quick' half, even if it was only to gloat.

Edited by sumrit

Dear tlusername, kennkate and you all here,

Only to update with the visa application situation as we' ve been waiting for. My visa application was forwarded to the embassy on Feb 10 and I had an interview on April 30 then 4 May, I collected my passport& spouse visa for 27 months.

Now, I've been searching for a good ticket fare to fly back home to reunite with my husband. This August will be our 3rd Anniversary but will be our time being together on this day and to celebrate our love & patience. I'm so glad as this is my best news in my life for these 3 years after returning Thailand in 2006. Sorry, if this is a bit drama!

As I said in my previous post in this topic that I used an agent and would recommend here if my case is successful. Today I'd like to thank for the great help and generous which is worth than the fee that my husband paid for his service. I'm not getting any paid for writing this but it's from my feeling and what we both've got from him, Ralph Davies. I'm please to recommend Davies Khan Immigration Associates to anyone who is looking for a genuine agent. I and my husband plan to visit him when I get back there, we'll make him mao [mow]!!

[Also, on the interview day I met one of his client and she got visa as well]

Here is my view from my experience as I had applied for this settlement 3 times with 2 refusals. As my case was quite complicated but it's shouldnt been refused for the secound time.

1. Even you can show your genuine relationship but you still face with the dissappointment from the interview by ECO as this can be 40 : 60 for your result. ECO could be blind with your genuine and raise some barrier up even it wasnt written in Immigration rules like my case here [ My application was submitted in Oct 2008 and I had an interview then got a refusal stated that Mr. ECO wasnt satisfied with only 1 visit of my husband in March 2008 [this time he also went bankrupt] after our marriage in Aug 2006 and then he got the evidence proved that my husband went bankrupt at this was just a common sense to his doubt.] [We got the phone bill proved that we talked on phone every day!! [only fews day that we couldnt make it ]also other communication]

30 April 09,after finishing interview and knowing that this male ECO gave me visa so I asked him about my last refusal why I was refused even our circumstances hasnt changed from that time till today and why you gave me visa then.

He just tried to say that I might not submit some important evidence then I went..If it's like that so why you didnt require it then. Finally, he said that on that day his collegue wasnt satisfied but today he was satisfied with the evidence and he knew that our relationship is genuine. Then I just thank him for his justice and asked for his name. I do really want to tell his name here but not sure if it may affect his work.

2. I'm not a racist but to my direct experience from having 2 interviews with ECOs, 1 female and 1 male [as they were same nationality or look like] who gave me 2 refusals without the justice and moral while writing in the notice of the refusal that they had.

The worst treat while having an interview was from the female ECO as I was threathened and shouted. She also looked down on me as showing through her face and her saying to the Thai translator. Her behavior was just disgusting as I've ever seen in my life. I dont want to say much.

I was crying all the interview and went out the room with dissappointment, the female officer there asked me who you had interview with and she also said that the applicants mostly were refused from this femal ECO and came out with tears like me. That day, a Thai woman who went in the interview room before me then she went out with tearing as I didnt know why and then it was my turn. I shall end this sad and bad feeling here now. I know there are good and bad in any place in this world and sometimes it's just your luck.

Sorry if my view may disturb anyone who works or relates with the immigration.

At that time, I checked the feedback from some Thai forum and found many Thais had same bad experience with the same ECO!!

In 2001 [my student visa] and 2009, I had interview both times with the male ECOs [same nationality or look like, they both were so polite, kind and positive attitude] and they both gave me visas.

Sorry for my poor English.

Ok..I wish the best and good luck, good news for all of you here to reunite with your partners very soon and all the best for tlusername, kennkate and other supporters.

Wonny