Cat's Cradle

srisatch

Suppose you might want to move this..but ...

Woke up...Where's my gold chain? Oh Gai (sister in law) has got it. What! Why? Oh she has added it to the thread. Dear God I must have drunk more than I thought. What thread? What the ###### is going on?

Found all Buddhas in house, including my chain, Spirit House, in a cat's cradle of white thread-you know the stuff you get wound round your wrist-went outside..whole Amphur is tied up with this stuff adding a whole new dimension to the electric and phone wires.

Asked the missus? Oh tomorrow it will be- quote: 'Tied round the head of the big monk who is coming to town, as he prays'

Never come across this one. What is supposed to come down the string?

I had a workman fall through my roof, through the false ceiling and onto hardwood stairs. He died due to head injuries.

My in-laws tied string all over the house starting from where the guy died, and routing the string to windows and doorways.

I think for the spirits, the string acts like a mountaineers guide-rope in a white-out. It guides the spirits of the dead away from their exiting point, if the point is habitated or frequented by people.

This is my understanding of one of the many uses of string.

Edited by Gazza

Woke up...Where's my gold chain? Oh Gai (sister in law) has got it. What! Why? Oh she has added it to the thread. Dear God I must have drunk more than I thought. What thread? What the ###### is going on?

Found all Buddhas in house, including my chain, Spirit House, in a cat's cradle of white thread-you know the stuff you get wound round your wrist-went outside..whole Amphur is tied up with this stuff adding a whole new dimension to the electric and phone wires.

Asked the missus? Oh tomorrow it will be- quote: 'Tied round the head of the big monk who is coming to town, as he prays'

there was a thread (sorry for the pun) in the buddhist forum already :o i'll move this there as you said :D

there was a thread (sorry for the pun) in the buddhist forum already :o i'll move this there as you said :D

Well I did look but did not find it. Thanks

I wanted to know if it could be attached to my (empty) wallet and maybe something good would come along. Have to be careful with these things..sometimes they laugh and sometimes you know you are the one with poo on your foot. But in this case even Mae said she might attach thread to possible lottery numbers...probably this monk's head not such strong cheese. However sounds like Gazza is on the track!

I had a workman fall through my roof, through the false ceiling and onto hardwood stairs. He died due to head injuries.

My in-laws tied string all over the house starting from where the guy died, and routing the string to windows and doorways.

I think for the spirits, the string acts like a mountaineers guide-rope in a white-out. It guides the spirits of the dead away from their exiting point, if the point is habitated or frequented by people.

This is my understanding of one of the many uses of string.

Asked the Wise Women about this. They said the opposite! That everything gets tied up with string to prevent the Win Yaan/spirit wandering off or being gobbled up by some roving Phii. Once the Win Yaan is tied up and lashed to the house the monk can be summoned at leisure.

Anyway the monks have been and gone without any apparent flashes of revelation. Turned up in v smart Benz, of course

Typically I missed most of the best bit.

It all went very quiet about 12.00, so I supposed the monks had gone. Turns out I had only seen the big cheese arrive.

However went down town about 13.00-(This all happened in the police station compound!) And everything was in full swing. Amazing sight. Must have been 100 + monks sitting to make a square and 2000 people all sat on chairs and fenced in firstly by monks and then with that blue plastic netting.

Every person, and also the cars in the street, the food vendors' umbrellas as well as the houses was tied up with string--wound round heads . Looked like a cross between an out of control radio station and one of thos department stores where they used to send the money in little overhead tubes to the cashiers.

I was told off in Seven for taking pictures of monks and then buying beer. Not polite. I think that is why I left UK to avoid that sort of attitude! No wonder the lovely lady doubts I can last the course here!