British Expat Killed In Head-on Collision

george

A very sad accident.

But i wonder, if this had been the thai man dieing of an accident coused by the foreigner, what would the history be? I read some weeks ago about a farang

who killed a young thai man in an accident (Caused by thai man who was appearently driving without lights at night, in the wrong

side of the road and not wearing a helmet), The farang was arrested and the thai family now seeks about 14 million baht in damages ? Are

accients different? Will the Brits family now be able to claim a big sum from the thai

mans insurance company ?

What insurance company?

All car in Thailand have and obligated inurance . I have an extended policy wich (god forbids) if i had an accident, covers 3rd party also in case of a deathly accident.

Why is this a story? What does this have to do with Thai-visa? Why even mention this any way when there are more stories to discuss and more important.

you are ignorant beyond words dude! consider those that knew colin. don't be so cold! the forum is Phuket news....need a translation??????

colin was a sweet guy and to those of us that knew him we appreciate the thread and the information. go post your negative shitty views elsewhere.

people are grieving over this....show some respect

A very sad accident.

But i wonder, if this had been the thai man dieing of an accident coused by the foreigner, what would the history be? I read some weeks ago about a farang

who killed a young thai man in an accident (Caused by thai man who was appearently driving without lights at night, in the wrong

side of the road and not wearing a helmet), The farang was arrested and the thai family now seeks about 14 million baht in damages ? Are

accients different? Will the Brits family now be able to claim a big sum from the thai

mans insurance company ?

Too bloody true matey as the so called shit driver falang never wins always his fault and the conniving thai mother f*****rs wont settlle for anything less than the big bucks just because we are FALANG THEY CERTAINLY TAKE THE PISS :o

sad indeed. If the person was scottish, or shall we say canadian, in a traffic accident, would I get an alert in my email?

well maybe if the person had friends who cared about him/her and took the time to post it here then YES you would be notified.

Nationality is not the issue. This person has died and people have the oppertunity to say a few kind words.

If you don't like people to show respect keep it to yourself.

sorry folks, i was a bit wound up last night over this. i did know colin and he was a pretty cool dude! always kind towards others and always up for a laugh.

so i got my back up a bit when i saw some negative posts, which i still disagree with however everyone is entitled to their own opinions so to speak. no my style generally to reply so negatively.

so that said....once again....to colin's family my condolences.

drive safe folks!

Too bloody true matey as the so called shit driver falang never wins always his fault and the conniving thai mother f*****rs wont settlle for anything less than the big bucks just because we are FALANG THEY CERTAINLY TAKE THE PISS :D

not necessarily you Noob, in my accident with one of these <deleted>....g watertrucks the driver of this killingmashine on wheels, have to pay all! my totally damaged car, a damaged tuktuk (I hit it because my steering was broken) and a huge glaswindow of a shop where i slammed in....lucky no people in front as it was directly in Kata. The watertruck used both lanes like the often do. Even a Policemen which I met next day at Chalong Police Station was pissed about these trucks, he was involved in an accident too, because these trucks are ALWAYS overloaded and splashing water while climbing the mountains here.

I dont wanna know how many accidents and damaged bones are going on their bill.........and just for some people to make money transporting water :o Check the streets out in Rawai where they take the water, all crappy and damaged caused by these trucks.....do THEY pay for the repairs? :D :D :D

anyway, guess mr. noob had a lot of bad experiences in LOS, that doesnt excuse that behavior here, same goes for banff, IT IS NEWS, we will gladly discuss and accident where are you both involved in too :wai:

I drink a beer for Collin in the evening, RIP ladd

Im going to ask people to refrain from further negative comments. you can choose to read or post on threads of interest to you. and if this one has no relevance to you, stay away from it

however, any further disrespect will not be tolerated. and if you cant subject yourself to restraint, I will oblige and help you on that front.

Im going to ask people to refrain from further negative comments. you can choose to read or post on threads of interest to you. and if this one has no relevance to you, stay away from it

however, any further disrespect will not be tolerated. and if you cant subject yourself to restraint, I will oblige and help you on that front.

:o

It happened about 100m north of there, on a straight section.
No, not correct, on the accident site the road is also curvy, plus there are some small hills in the road as well, so visibility there to overtake is nil.

No, not correct, on the accident site the road is also curvy, plus there are some small hills in the road as well, so visibility there to overtake is nil.

It's quite straight there, but there is a little hill and you can't see over the hill when heading south so it's not a good place to overtake. But don't forget there are drains being built on both sides of the road near where this accident happened, with construction vehicles (diggers & bulldozers) parked on both sides of the road near (just north) of where I think the accident happened. I noticed the banged up water tanker at 08.00 the same day parked at the side of the main road.

RIP Colin, my respects to his family & friends...

Edited by LivinginKata

oh jeez....i know colin...or a colin richmond anyway. dam_n! uh what a way to find out. anyone out that way know or have contact details for Vachira Hospital or local authorities for this sort of thing?

or does someone out there know colin? would like to find out if this is the same colin i know. chances of course are yes but richmond is relatively common name i suppose. any info would be appreciated.

thx

Hi AnthonyR1,

I knew Colin too. My boyfriend was sharing a house in Bangkok before he left for Samui, and we are all good friends since.

We received a call from England last Thursday, and were informed his death.

Perhaps we can share information, or answer to your questions. Please contact at; [email protected]

P.S. I am wondering if we have met couple of times before with Colin and other friends, and once at his house on Sukhumvit Soi 36.

AnthonyR1,

Sorry, if you were not who I thought.

The guy I mentioned my last post has the same name - I haven't got his last name.

no problem. just the same though....please let me know if yu hear any news on a memorial service or anything. I'm sure i've already missed it :o

There has been no funeral service yet, most likely he will be cremated in a ceremony at a temple in Phuket. We are waiting for his next of kin in the UK to make the decision about where and what.

If you would like to be informed about any service, please leave a private message here or send an email to [email protected].

This is written by Peter, Eri's partner and Colin's former flatmate in Bangkok.

On a personal note, I really appreciate the messages of condolences and feel that this is one of the important functions of an expat website. If you're not interested, simply don't read the thread.

Why is this a story? What does this have to do with Thai-visa? Why even mention this any way when there are more stories to discuss and more important.

A Brit dies in a stupid accident and it is a story a Texan is murdered in Chang rai and no story?

OFW Stupid is as stupid does

Because we are expats (many of us) and an expat has died! How much more appropriate can it be? Christ, one of his friends found out about his death through this thread!

I know I dont know what I was thinking. Just angry I guess that one of my friends dies and not much of a mention, other than a radio clip that a farang died and thought to be overdoes, only he did not do any drugs and does not drink. His wife says no wallet, no passport, no amulet or ring was found in the room where he was staying so say the BIB.

He was buying old wood for his business in Texas.

My best to Colins family..