Minimum Salary Requirements?

Hi Everyone.

First would like to say this is a great forum.. Good info...

Background info:

Canadian Citizen

Just got 1 year visa - Non-Immigrant - Class B based on company application

Just got my workpermit based on the same

I am married to a Thai and support my wife and kids (also Thai).

My question is as follows:

Does the minimum salary requirement of 60,000 Baht apply to me based on the above?

Appreciate your insight into this becaue my lawyer says yes :o while my account say no :D ..

canadian..

Hi Everyone.

First would like to say this is a great forum.. Good info...

Background info:

Canadian Citizen

Just got 1 year visa - Non-Immigrant - Class B based on company application

Just got my workpermit based on the same

I am married to a Thai and support my wife and kids (also Thai).

My question is as follows:

Does the minimum salary requirement of 60,000 Baht apply to me based on the above?

Appreciate your insight into this becaue my lawyer says yes :o  while my account say no :D ..

canadian..

Its not clear. How old are you?

There is a suggestion that, if you are applying for a Non-Imm O visa based on marriage you might have to ensure at least 400,000B is paid into.or stashed in wifes's Bank Account. If you are 50+ you can probably get away with Non-Imm O Visa on basis of age and income of minimum 60,000B + or 800,000B iin the bank

I thought Non-Imm B was just based on the fact that you had a salary in Thailand from a company, nothing to do with wife or kids??

Looks to me as though lawyers/accountants/company have not read the papers carefully. However if you have the visa,,good for you BUT check everything if you want renewal...paricularly if you apply for different category..ie O not B

Do you have an extension of stay or a one year multi entry B visa? Your work permit is valid how long?

Is company something you set up and now trying to find out how much you have to pay yourself or employment for someone else?

My guess would be that you need 60k to receive extensions of stay unless/until you change to O visa for support of Thai wife but perhaps some of the business guys can answer you better.

Its not clear. How old are you?

There is a suggestion that, if you are applying for a Non-Imm O visa  based on marriage you might have to ensure at least 400,000B is paid into.or stashed in wifes's Bank Account. If you are 50+ you can probably get away with Non-Imm O Visa on basis of age and income of minimum 60,000B + or 800,000B iin the bank

I thought Non-Imm B was just based on the fact that you had a salary in Thailand from a company, nothing to do with wife or kids??

Looks to me as though lawyers/accountants/company have not read the papers carefully. However if you have the visa,,good for you BUT check everything if you want renewal...paricularly if you apply for different category..ie O not B

I'm 35 years young so do not qualify for the 50+...

I'm on a 1 year extension based on working for a Thai company, which I also own. The last company I worked for that ended in December had my salary at 50,000 Baht..

You are correct, the Non-Imm B was not based on supporting a Thai wife but the funny part is they asked for the marriage certificate along with the birth certificates of the two kids..

appreciate your help..

canadian

Do you have an extension of stay or a one year multi entry B visa?  Your work permit is valid how long?

Is company something you set up and now trying to find out how much you have to pay yourself or employment for someone else?

My guess would be that you need 60k to receive extensions of stay unless/until you change to O visa for support of Thai wife but perhaps some of the business guys can answer you better.

Hi Lopburi,

I have an extension of stay, and work permit is valid till Dec 30th 2005 along with the visa extension..

It's my own company, and I would like to know the salary for myself..

Is it possible to change to a O visa from the B based on a monthly salary or do you need to show the 400K to do so?

Again I'm looking for correct method to reduce my tax not to avoid it.

canadian

You already have an entry permit extension good through December 2005. You are evidently paying taxes on a salary of 50,000 bhat per month. Simply proceed as you are doing, through November 2005. Then, when you reapply for youre nextextension, do so on the basis of supporting a Thai spouse. My guess is - that is what your present extension is based upon.

People have a mistaken idea that an entry permit extension has a "Class" associated with it. This is not the case - a non-immigrant extension is generic. It can be achieved starting with either a Class B or Class O original 90 day entry permit - and an extension off either of these can be accomplished under either of two categories (using either of two processes):

1. Based on qualifying employment for a qualifying employer.

2. Based on support of a Thai spouse

Category 1 requires a Canadian to earn 60,000 baht per month, and company to have 2,000,000 baht paid-in capital and four Thai employees per foreign employee sponsored.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com